Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping in the villages...

Liked

Re: Sleeping in the villages...

Thanks for the responses, guys. I do think I will try to talk my friend into staying in the nearest town. Outside of Pattaya, do the cops care about a motorbike so long as I have an International drivers license? It was sufficient in Penang.

Liked

I don't drive a motobike in Hua Hin (our home) ... Thai's-Riding-Bikes here are lethal, like Snakes-on-a-Plane.
    HH Police set up road blocks all the time, and every so often one of these blocks are set up solely to catch Farangs-on-Bikes for: no helmets, no licence, speeding, no passport, money (i.e. for no reason at all) etc etc.
    I would not be surprised that basically the same annoyances happen in Pattaya and environs. Getting stopped by the fuzz is quite unpredictable.

On the other hand, out in the country side (where I am now, in Surin) I ride our motorbike all over the place ... including past two Police stations. I use no helmet, have no valid licence, I speed a lot (coz it's fun), I never carry my passport, and usually have money on me.

Go figure ... TiT.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Well.. The first few times I went there, the toilet was anywhere outside. Later on they did build a toilet/shower room. I personally hardly ever go in there, the jungle is good enough for relief

Anyway, that toilet/shower is about 20 meters away from the house.
    Could a blind man find it? 55555

Guess if you don't have to get up at night, then not a problem.

4. User who gave Like to post:

neddy3 (November 27th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dalewood View Post
    Thanks for the responses, guys. I do think I will try to talk my friend into staying in the nearest town. Outside of Pattaya, do the cops care about a motorbike so long as I have an International drivers license? It was sufficient in Penang.
    I don't know what the hell Smiles is talking about, there's checkpoints all over the place, including even on highways. Just ensure to wear a helmet, and more than likely you'll just get waved through without issue.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dalewood View Post
    Does your International Driving PERMIT specify a motorcycle or just a car? Could make a difference.

Liked

Up here in Issan, at worst it's a 500 baht on the spot fine, so hardly the end of the world. Just wear a helmet, and you'll more than likely just get waved through any checkpoints you encounter.

Liked

International driving permits indicate the type of vehicles that your home country allows.

If at home you do not have a license to ride a motorcycle, then that is clearly marked on the international permit.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

Joe and Matt;

Here in lies the key to life. What makes one person happy makes another miserable. Speaking of camping - I remember growing up in America - Some people loved to go camping, others would just assume get a root canal. For some, the though of leaving the comfort of their luxurious home for a few days of roughing it does have a certain appeal. For me, like Joe, it doesn't. I compromised in the village with my husband - We built an addition on to the family home and our room is quite nice, and so is the family living quarters. Now, I get to enjoy being in the country side for awhile and don't really have to sacrifice my comfort level. Now, that worked for me because, like Matt, I live here full time.

The moral of the story is that you only get on life to live. I couldn't imagine living full time in the States again. Our life is here, and within 3 hours of Bangkok we have some really world class Asian cities to visit on holiday should we need a little adventure. Do my friends in America think I've lost the plot? Some do - and others are insanely jealous. To be stuck in the rat race only to wake up one day and realize that 20 years of your life has passed you by is what is crazy to me.

That's my two cents worth. I think it is why some of us, like Smiles, myself, and a few others have happily lived with the same Thai BF in Thailand for a decade or more, while others have a boyfriend here, but only visit once or twice a year. Living here full time is not for everyone. If it is for you, however, I say DO IT - Don't wake up one day and regret not having made the decision.

Cheers,

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Matt, I don't mind you mentioning my depression. It's my reality.

Look. (if that's not an inappropiate thing to say to a blind person). If your decision is to move to Laos with Leo, then go ahead, and be happy. It's not a choice I would have made. But "up to you". I genuinely wish you both the best for your future together.

Looking forward to seeing you on 15 January.

Liked

kkjason, thanks for your amazing insights into my life. Now why didn't I think of that. To start at the end (as some prefer), you suggest that Matt and I (how the fuck can you link us, even if he's real?) need to just DO IT? Do what?

I've been on this board since 2008, and enjoy the banter (some might say arguments) the sharing of information when asked for, and generally just a fun place to hang out.

You have overstepped the mark. If I need advice in my life I have family and friends to ask. I'd also like to think I might have a couple of friends here.

To sum up, fuck off.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

11. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (November 27th, 2017)

Liked

What the hell are you talking about? I was merely adding to comments you made - which I thought were very well stated - and now you tell me to fuck off? Tell me one place where I even remotely offended you in my post. Contrary to what you might think - the world does not revolve around you. I was merely adding to the thread and telling my experience - Excuse me for actually trying to contribute. You are right - I don't know you - Nor do I care to after posts like this. Your post illustrates that you are a bitter, lonely, and sad individual. I do not care how long you have been on this board - what gives you the right to tell someone to 'fuck off' just for posting their own experiences. Is this your board and yours alone? Just to be clear - since you obviously can't read - I was not telling you and Matt to just do it - read again and then see just how ludicrous your recent posting is and then get lost with your '8 years' of experience on this board - Who gives a shit about how long you have been here?

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    kkjason, thanks for your amazing insights into my life. Now why didn't I think of that. To start at the end (as some prefer), you suggest that Matt and I (how the fuck can you link us, even if he's real?) need to just DO IT? Do what?

I've been on this board since 2008, and enjoy the banter (some might say arguments) the sharing of information when asked for, and generally just a fun place to hang out.

You have overstepped the mark. If I need advice in my life I have family and friends to ask. I'd also like to think I might have a couple of friends here.

To sum up, fuck off.

13. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (November 28th, 2017), Dax (November 29th, 2017), francois (November 28th, 2017), snotface (November 28th, 2017), Tintin (November 28th, 2017)