Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping in the villages...

Liked

Re: Sleeping in the Villages II

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    You guys just think it's a crazy idea, because I'm the one who came up with it. If Smiles, Dodger, or bob posted about it you'd probably all say, "oh yeah, that is actually a good idea". I'm Canadian so have been camping tons in my life, and will ensure I'm setup comfortably.

And it is a good idea, because just look. Salewood is currently nervous, uncertain and worried thinking, "oh geez, a trip of the village? ummm, I don't know, not sure.... give me some time to think it over".

Whereas I'm thinking, "fuck yeah, camping trip, can't wait!"

Anyway, yo help get back to the OP. Personally, I wouldn't sleep in the village (excluding my camping idea). If they're farmers as you say, they're probably not going to be one of the rich families in the village. You'll most likely be sleeping on the equivalent of cement. You know those really thing straw Issam mats? Your bed will probably be that on a cement floor. You might get a blanket, but probably won't need or want it. You'll get some of those rectangular pillows I'm sure.

At best you will get a mosquito net, and maybe not even that. However, that net still doesn't keep out the cockroaches, ants, spiders, scorpions, mice, millipedes, etc.

I'd stay in a hotel, if I were you.
    I cannot speak for others, but in my view this is a bad idea, regardless of who came up with it.

It is insulting to the family, and for no other purpose then your own illogical fears. As I said, I have been visiting and staying at the village for 11 years, and don't recognize most of what you are claiming.

Liked

Re: Sleeping in the villages...

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Matt, thanks for agreeing to cover my hotel bill, and providing a young companion, when you're busy doing whatever it is you do with your bitcoins and computers.

I'm amazed the thread has now run to 20 pages. Anyone know the record number of pages?

Ummm, where did I agree to pay your hotel and hooker bill? Sorry, but no....

I have however offered to pay my nephew and his fiancee's hotel bill, as I think they'd be more comfortable in a hotel versus at my house which is on the edige of the city. That's simply because he seems to be nervour / cautious about me, and my best guess is, my sister-in-law put some shit into his mind to make him afraid of m.. He's in Vietnam right now, and in Asia for the next ~4 months I think, so hopefully I can convince him to come for a visit.

Who knows Joe, maybe you'll even get to meet him.

Liked

Matt I was joking about the hotel and hooker bill. Happy to meet your nephew if he's around.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    There is no need to bow for anything.I have slept in my Lao boyfriend's village on and off for the past eleven years, and it's perfectly doable. No drama.

What were the sleeping accomodations like, if you don't mind me asking?

For example, Kim's mother's house was quite poor, although actually quite decent. I could have probably slept there, especially after during his sister's wedding I found out they also own the shop area beside the house which has a nice queen sized mattress in it, is enclosed, etc.

Kim's father's village on the other hand was quite poor, and basically a mud pit with some tables in it, a small outhouse, and an eleveated shack made of bamboo for sleeping quarters.

From what Leo describes, his mother's house is half decent, but his father's house is basically a tin garden shed.

What were your sleeping accomodations like?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    What were the sleeping accomodations like, if you don't mind me asking?

For example, Kim's mother's house was quite poor, although actually quite decent. I could have probably slept there, especially after during his sister's wedding I found out they also own the shop area beside the house which has a nice queen sized mattress in it
    This thread just gets better and better. I've heard that mother-son incest is quite the thing in Japan, and porking one's mother-in-law probably happens more often than we think - but it's usually the daughter with whom the offender is partnered, not the son. All rather reminiscent of the "Gotcha" episode in Coupling (still my all-time favourite send up of Friends) where Patrick mistakes the daughter (whom he had screwed) for her mother (whom he had also screwed)

And a queen-size bed to boot

Liked

What the hell are you talking about? No, for the first good while I just assumed the mother's house was their house. I didn't know they also owned the shop beside the house until the wedding when there were tons of people around and getting ready.

Liked

15822795_1348205628554670_6666106495738291655_n.jpg

This is the house I sleep in. Typical Lao country side house. I sleep on a thin matras on a wooden floor.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (November 25th, 2017), Tintin (November 25th, 2017)

Liked

Great photo, justaguy

Liked

Ok, cool, thanks for answering my question with a photo, Justaguy.

Only issue with that is, I'm blind. Could anyone be so kind to textually explain that photo to me?

Liked

I'm sure justaguy will do a better job, but just to get you started, Matt. It's a 2 storey structure. The ground floor is open, and looks to be used for storage. The upper floor is the living quarters. There's an outside staircase to the right of the building leading to the living quarters. It's hard to tell what that looks like. Hopes this helps a bit.