Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping in the villages...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Sleeping in the villages...

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I'm the only one to provide photographic evidence that both myself and my BF are real and together.
    Actually for clarity you posted a picture of a farang and an Asian guy sitting beside each other, nothing more.

Now, a pic of "you" and he, sitting at home, perhaps with your two lovely dogs in shot and at your computer with our very own Sawatdee forum open and on the screen and you both giving us the thumbs up ( or the Thai two fingers I guess ) etc, now THAT perhaps would start to narrow things down a little maybe I guess in terms of you being a farang there being with some Asian guy, as to "Matt's" life then existing thereafter is I guess a whole other story thereafter.

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 25th, 2017)

Liked

Thanks, Bob, and that was my rationale too. MRI scans don't lie, so with 100% certainty I have lesions in my right optic nerve, and no hospital in the world can fix that. Maybe in 10 - 20 years, but not now.

Members of my family have seem to have turned against me for my decision to stay here, and at the moment, there doesn't seem to be much of a way to reconcile that. I'll just have to wait until the coming Spring / Summer, and by then hopefully I can have Leo a VISA secured for VISA, we can make a visit, make our rounds to the family, and calm the tensions.

Especially now that some time has passed, and I'm finally on firm financial footing again, I'm absolutely certain I made the right decision by staying. I just sucks that they simply don't understand. Then again, for a good portion of my family, they've never lived outside of the Alberta, Canada oil patch bubble, so that's the only reality they know, when there's actually millions of different realities out there. I'm sure I'm right, and they're just being closed minded.

Liked

To be fair NIrish, how could he prove it was him and Leo - holding their passports with copies of the Bankok Post to confirm the date? Wait 6 weeks or so till I go to KK and we'll all know for sure. He's already agreed to pay for my hotel and provide a young companion for the duration of my visit.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Very nice of him, maybe hell if I knew that was the deal maybe I'd of joined you !

And no, no passports required ( think about that, might perhaps be a bit of a fatal mistake Overstayer Matt posting that no ?) - hence why I said the pic of sawatdee opened in the background just to provide context. And of course when you meet 'Matt" you know of course his name isn't ACTUALLY Matt don't you, just in case you come back screaming "he's a fake, his name is actually Fred ( randomly selected name, dont worry Matt if your name IS Fred that was just coincidence I assure you )!" lol. I think he his most hardened doubters would allow him that one.

Liked

Mr Arsenal advises Matt against providing personal information to the obsessive compulsive monomaniacs residing here.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I totally agree, hence why I said specifically NOT to be showing his passport etc.

However as IS Matt who is telling us "Hey, I've already posted a pic of me", all by his own choice btw as no one asked him to. And then states "there you go, this is Leo and I" etc, all I'm doing is pointing out that "a pic" of two random people means nothing and so suggesting that if he IS going to the bother of posting pics then if he does so with some measure of SGF etc detail in them ( i.e the forum page open on his computer's window etc - or a big sign saying FUCK YOU N.IRISH GUY :-)) then might help put his next pic in a better context for us all, but that as they say is 'up to him", meanwhile when he posts "I posted my pic" I'll just remind him, no, you posted "A" pic. Seems quite reasonable to me. As to whether he actually DOES or not, I don't care either way.
    Last edited by Nirish guy; November 24th, 2017 at 16:24.

Liked

How many members use their own names here? I do 'cos I was too lazy to think up a moniker. i know the real names of at least half a dozen members - well, they said it was their real name - this is the internet, how do you prove it?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I totally agree, hence why I said specifically NOT to be showing his passport etc.

However as IS Matt who is telling us "Hey, I've already posted a pic of me", all by his own choice btw as no one asked him to. And then states "there you go, this is Leo and I" etc, all I'm doing is pointing out that "a pic" of two random people means nothing and so suggesting that if he IS going to the bother of posting pics then if he does so with some measure of SGF etc detail in them ( i.e the forum page open on his computer's window etc - or a big sign saying FUCK YOU N.IRISH GUY :-)) then might help put his next pic in a better context for us all, but that as they say is 'up to him", meanwhile when he posts "I posted my pic" I'll just remind him, no, you posted "A" pic. Seems quite reasonable to me. As to whether he actually DOES or not, I don't care either way.

You didn't notice that I posted that photo after Joe decided publicly to meet me, and I decided to meet him?

You guys may think I'm an idiot who doesn't understand what he's doing, but I'm not. Granted, I'm quite sensitive, and do go off on an emotional tangent once in a while. However, the vast majority of things I do are well calculated.

I wanted to make Joe more comfortable about the meet, plus just assumed he's actually going to make the meet, hence will be able to confirm that photo is real and authentic.

Liked

Matt, thanks for agreeing to cover my hotel bill, and providing a young companion, when you're busy doing whatever it is you do with your bitcoins and computers.

I'm amazed the thread has now run to 20 pages. Anyone know the record number of pages?

Liked

Re: Sleeping in the Villages II

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    justaguy, as you'e described your own experience so well and in such detail, although I'm struggling to locate that actual post, I bow to your superior experience.

There is no need to bow for anything.I have slept in my Lao boyfriend's village on and off for the past eleven years, and it's perfectly doable. No drama.