Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Visa Success At Last!

Liked

Re: Visa Success At Last!

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    There is really something VERY special about a Vietnamese guy who desperately wants to stay somewhere as cold as Scotland. Good find, SG.
    Jesu! it's not as cold or as boring as say Norway.
    A friend met a Norwegian girl who invited him to spend a week in her 50,000 pop town.
    After dinner 1st night he rubbed his hands, put on his coat and asked the family which pubs they were all going to.
    Blank faces all around; only 3 pubs in the town, closed already, no skiing because no snow though still freezing cold ....
    The week took a lifetime and of course no sex because of Pappa.

Liked

Re: Visa Success.
    Pity he's not a middle east migrant.
    I see a few irrate male Sweedes complaining on line about the queues of divorced women lining up to 'adopt' single male migrants (just like your guy) but never taking females or families.
    It happened in the Calais migrant case in the south of England too.
    So many 'children' had beards that the authorities put up screens on the pier.
    Check it out on utube.

Liked

Reminds me of the time that Scotland reached the final of the under 16 World Cup and had to play Saudi Arabia - the Saudi "under 16s" were all 6ft tall, built like brick shithouses and had full moustaches and beards whilst ours looked like........15/16yo schoolboys (as you'd expect)

After the (inevitable) defeat Scotland protested to equally corrupt FIFA that there was no way that the Saudi players were under 16s - but the Saudi response was that they don't bother with formalities like birth certificates so there was no way of checking - and they got away with it!!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    That would be the answer - except that he is specifically not allowed to get married or enter a civil partnership in the UK on a Visitor's Visa, nor does Vietnam recognise same sex marriage, so that's out too.
    If you are happy with the idea of marriage*, then would it not be possible to identify a third country, where you can get married & where the marriage is likely to be recognised in the UK ? Must be a soft target in the Shengen zone ?

(*I would not entertain the idea myself, but that's not relevant to this thread)

Liked

Now the lefties in Britain are condemning efforts to 'age' the migrants as 'offensive' on the BBC et al.
    They are stating (by default) that a full beard and or dental growth do not necessarily signify any particular level of male maturity.
    The latest advocate of this theory trending now is a black, liberal, middle aged, female, Labour Party supporter whose name is of no business of mine.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    If you are happy with the idea of marriage*, then would it not be possible to identify a third country, where you can get married & where the marriage is likely to be recognised in the UK ? Must be a soft target in the Shengen zone ?

(*I would not entertain the idea myself, but that's not relevant to this thread)

I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it. For example, if we got married in say Ireland, and tried to submit our Irish marriage certificate to the Canadian government for permanent residency status via spousal sponsorship, I'm certain it would be rejected, and we'd be told to get married in Canada and provide a marriage certificate from a Canadian provincial government.

I would imagine the same holds true for the UK.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

^ I don't think so Matt - I think it your marriage would (have to be ) recognised as both Countries recognise equal marriage - I think ? Why not give it a try and see, only cost you two flights and a marriage licence to find out if we're right or not - worth the gamble in my book. SG would the same not apply to you too ??

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    ^ I don't think so Matt - I think it your marriage would (have to be ) recognised as both Countries recognise equal marriage - I think ? Why not give it a try and see, only cost you two flights and a marriage licence to find out if we're right or not - worth the gamble in my book. SG would the same not apply to you too ??
    I believe you are correct Nirish. In America's case - it was quite common for gays to get married in New Zealand up until a few years ago. They could then use that marriage certificate to apply for a marriage visa to the United States, as long as they we planning to live in one of the states that recognized gay marriage at that time. Now that the entire country recognizes gay marriage, the point is a bit moot, except for the fact that many still use a third country in order to get the marriage, and not fiance visa. It saves time down the road. The point being - if the country you are going to recognizes gay marriage, then they should likely also recognize a license issued by another country.

Cheers -

Liked

Right, but the UK recognizes civil partnership, not same-sex marriage.

That, and I guess I'd have to consult an immigration lawyer, but I'm quite confident if I submitted a permanent residency status application in Canada via spousal sponsorship, they would flat out reject it if I submitted an Australian marriage certificate. Maybe I'm wrong though, and that's what immigration lawyers are for.

Assuming I'm right, I would imagine the UK is the same. That, and UK doesn't recognize same-sex marriage, so it's a moot point.

Liked

On top of this, does the UK maybe work differently than Canada when it comes to marriage laws?

In Canada, marriage is done at the provincial level, hence regardless of immigration status (visitor, work permit, illegal, whatever), you can still get married without issue. Is the UK different in that respect, and marriage is done at the federal level, or?