Alas as I’m sure SG knows only too well unfortunately Southern Ireland are part of the shenghen arrangement ( by choice) and so entry to there for his BF would be just as tough as entering the UK. Also as SG points out some ( most ?) Countries take a dim view of you using a tourist visa to get married whilst there - saying that that’s take a dim view BUT THEY CANT STOP YOU and the only risk is they perhaos slow down or refuse your next visa application, but if it’s just a country you are “using” for that purpose then that might not matter much anyway - worth looking into SG I think.

Also just for clarity I can confirm that MOST ( but not all) of the UK now allows equal marriage. England, Scotland and Eakes yes - but my very own Northern Ireland are still holding out due to the Ultra right wing evanegical Christian DUP ( bigots) who are in charge here ( even though just now they’re technically not but as they have the UKZ Government by the balls just now due to their lack of a majority in the main UK Parliament I can’t see that changing anytime soon or without court rulings ordering them to allow ( and that’s been tried and failed once already too :-( but we’re keeping up the fight here and as we say a lot here No Surrender !!!