Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Matt update

Liked

The Matt update

As you can see from my posting count I am not a diligent poster on this board. I enjoy the banter and the information. I also enjoy the personas. I recall a few years ago there was the persona of the Colonel who I think came out as it were as the fictional character of one of the regulars. I admired his ability to stay in character and gin up stories..and sometime outrage among the other posters.

Which brings me to Matt. I do not know if he is real or a fictional character but I do (sometimes) enjoy his ramblings..and I do enjoy the reactions he generates. However, I have lost the plot on this one. Matt or the Matt character moved back to Canada after being deported?
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Liked

Re: The Matt update

Oh, I'm definitely real.

Here, I'll even do what I can to help prove it. Anyone out there by chance in Vancouver? I will be there Monday morning, arriving at the harbour. Will be taking one of those little 6 person puddle jumpers that fly from Nanaimo to downtown Vancouver.

This is the first time I've travelled blind and alone like this, and I've only lived in Canada for 1 year since 2005, so don't really know anyone. I'll be more than happy to buy you dinner or even just pay you money in exchange for letting me borrow your eyes for a bit.

Liked

Nice going Kitty ... you've started just what Matty has been craving for all along ~~ "The Chronicles of You-Know-Who".
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 30th, 2018)

Liked

Well Smiles, are you still coming over to get a blowjob from my parent's vacuum cleaner, or what's up?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Nice going Kitty ... you've started just what Matty has been craving for all along ~~ "The Chronicles of You-Know-Who".
    I went back over the previous posts and could not follow the plot.
    I gather the story is his world in Thailand unraveled and he is back in his native Canada cold and alone.

I do not know if any of it is true but I love a good drama.
    I only half believe anything posted online so all of the posting here..whether real or not are treated by me as possibly true but certainly with lots of exaggeration by certain posters.

Smiles..I get the impression that you are not amused by the Matt postings.
    Sorry if you feel I am giving attention to an attention whore..but I find the Matt postings highly amusing. Could Matt is a creative genius engaging in a long running piece of performance art?

And Whatever happened to the persona of the Colonel or was it Homiterm? That was a work of performance art.
    Do you remember that poster? It must have been over 10 years ago.

Liked

Can't say I'm alone, because I am at my parent's house, so I do have them I guess. Quite a bit different than my own house with my loving husband and two awesome dogs, but that's what life has spelled out for me at the moment.

Definitely cold though. My mom has some good forethought to her, so had a new jacket ready and waiting for me upon walking out of the Vancouver airport. I haven't really taken it off since, Maybe a couple hours a week while it goes through the wash and dryer, but that's it.

Bit of a change. I was used to wandering in shirtless in nothing more than basketball shorts all day. Now I'm all bundeled up with socks and everything.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post

Could Matt is a creative genius engaging in a long running piece of performance art?
    Not could be, it is a certainty.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Not could be, it is a certainty.
    I can appreciate an artist. Even if it is a bullshit artist.
    I have dealt with a few sociopaths over the years and sociopaths can not see the lies they tell. They are destructive people.

I have an appreciation for someone who can create an online persona and keep it going. I don't think of it as lying - it is like going to the theater. Sometimes the experience is great or good and sometimes so so or even bad..but it is fun going. I feel the same way about a good performance artist plying their craft over the internet. Very rarely great, sometimes good, often so so or even bad but I enjoy the fun of going online and reading the musings.

Smiles..Take it all as a long performance art piece.

Liked

I can appreciate an artist. Even if it is a bullshit artist.
    I have dealt with a few sociopaths over the years and sociopaths can not see the lies they tell. They are destructive people.

I have an appreciation for someone who can create an online persona and keep it going. I don't think of it as lying - it is like going to the theater. Sometimes the experience is great or good and sometimes so so or even bad..but it is fun going. I feel the same way about a good performance artist plying their craft over the internet. Very rarely great, sometimes good, often so so or even bad but I enjoy the fun of going online and reading the musings.

Smiles..Take it all as a long performance art piece.

Oh, for fuck sakes, I'm not lieing about anything.

My flight leaves tomorrow at 8:30am from Nanaimo, so I'll be at the downtown harbour in Vancouver at around 9am I'm guessing if anyone wants to meet me. Would be very grateful if anyone did, as I'm assuming you have optic nerves that work which would come in quite handy.

Or just keep your eyes on the local Vancouver news tomorrow night, because there's a chance I might be on it. All depends on the senior immigration I get to meet tomorrow.

I'm getting a new passport.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Take it all as a long performance art piece.
    More like an Art form...