Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: new bar in jomtiem

Liked

Re: new bar in jomtiem

francois, the only bars I know by name are Double Shot and Ting Tong Red. Let's go for Ting Tong Red
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Meatloaf night is Thursday, I believe, but Ting Tong Red started a cabaret show recently on Tuesdays. I saw a video somewhere, but too much fire eating for my taste.

I may regret saying this, but I'm happy to buy a drink for anyone who shows up for my birthday. You just need to tell me your board name.
    Well you better avoid Hi-So Double Shot then as there are 100s of posters on this forun and most will travel over seas and mountains for a free drink.
    Each round of double shots could cost you a few hundred Euros.
    The most ‘open’ bar is Green Chairs (with the pool table) and their prices are reasonable.
    But “up to you” as they say here.

Liked

Yeah, FRM, I was thinking of Green Chaiirs but didn't know the name to tell my friend from Laos. And if a couple of you turn up for the one free drink, it's a better place than Tin Tong Red. So that's a decision made - Green Chairs it is (that's the one on the corner, right?)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Yeah, FRM, I was thinking of Green Chaiirs but didn't know the name to tell my friend from Laos. And if a couple of you turn up for the one free drink, it's a better place than Tin Tong Red. So that's a decision made - Green Chairs it is (that's the one on the corner, right?)
    Yep that’s the place.
    You could smoke a rolled up Arabian carpet in there and nobody would notice.
    Run by the genial Jai, his mother Mama and brother.
    Good idea to quantify the free drinks ie 1 per guest.
    Your potential bill has just been reduced by 90%.....1 free drink will not bring them from the provinces and abroad.

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 21st, 2017)

Liked

Well if I buy you a drink and you buy one for yourself, that['x an hour. 2 drinks in my company is shireoy engugh:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Well Joe regarding Jomtien. All the bars pretty much look the same
    Yes & as long as there are a good number of them with cute Cambodian guys, it doesn't really make any difference if one closes and a new one replaces it.
    If someone opened a couple of gogo bars in Jomtien, now that would be a nice addition to the mix.

Liked

Joe, if before 9 pm the mixed drinks and beer at Double Shot are about half price.
    Next to Ting Tong Red is Elephant Plaza Hotel Bar which is owned by same man as Double Shot and the prices are 1/2 price before 9 pm. You can see the cabaret show from there.

Ting Tong Red has the mostly cabaret show on Tuesday night so it is crowded.

Green Bar aka plastic chairs is nowhere as nice as Double Shot but drinks are reasonable.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And ALL drinks in Doubleshot are doubles....even outside happy hour. SAME prices as singles...so NOT expensive at all.

Liked

Ah please, me head is aching. Will someone make a decision? So is Double Shot the preferred option? And how many of you might attend? I don't mind laying on a few nibbles.

Liked

If you would like to see/hear some of the cabaret show at Ting Tong, I would suggest going to Elephant Plaza which is next door. You can see (to a degree) and hear the cabaret and feel the heat from the fire dancers. The show begins at 9 pm about.

Otherwise I would suggest Double Shot.

It all depends what time you wish to meet and greet. Typically the gentlemen of the evening gather at 8 to 8:30. After 9:30 to 10:00 pm they wander off to the go go bars.