Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: new bar in jomtiem

Liked

Re: new bar in jomtiem

The best show I saw was the one at the old X-Boys. Erotic and sexy and full of naked attractive boys.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    The best show I saw was the one at the old X-Boys. Erotic and sexy and full of naked attractive boys.
    The unfortunate thing is the past tense "was the one at the old X-Boys".
    The times they are a-changin'...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    Thing is with 'enclosed' bars is when there is no show, say......the time up to the first show, or between shows there's not a whole lot else to entertain...all the open bars have the soi's comings-and-goings to keep interest. A show bar with Agogo boys also gets-by as there are the boys to keep interest in between shows, but as that's off the menu in Jomtien there's no real reason to be in there unless it's Showtime! Also the problem of higher drink prices to cover the show costs are out of sync with the open bar prices when the show isn't on, so little point in paying over the odds for drinks in an enclosed bar with nothing to amuse. Unless the live music is to be a normal item pre and between showtime.
    The M2M bar was devoid of customers till after 1000pm last night. The entertainment starts at 1100 pm so as you mentioned why pay higher prices when customers can buy drinks for half the price or less at other bars. There was no live music last night so that must have been just for opening night. The show bar will survive over the so called high season as there was a good number of customers by the time the first show started last night.

The show at M2M is very high energy and not boring or as boring as some shows depending on your viewpoint. They have two stunning looking twink dancers in the show and one was quite chatty with customers when the staff were out front in the soi before show time. Like Ness at the Venue they will help attract customers who like some eye candy in the twink department. In my opinion M2M bar will need to provide more good looking waiters/hosts, maybe some happy hour drink prices and more entertainment throughout the night to survive in the long term.

Liked

So, how do those straight Cambodian boys perform in the room?

5. User who gave Like to post:

Andaman! (December 15th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    damn..funny how we are alll wired differently..I find the lip sync shows soooo boring...i look forward to all the big cock/fuck shows..pity they are on the decline...not a patch on 10 years ago when every single gogo bar on soi twilight had a full on erotic/fuck show twice a night.
    Absolutely agree! I try at all costs to avoid katoey lip-sync. I turn off immediately; I just don't get the appeal. There used to be a sign in the former Throb with the announcement: Boys not Katoeys! Are there any shows currently on offer in Pattaya where the katoeys are absent?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Are there any shows currently on offer in Pattaya where the katoeys are absent?
    The 10.30 show at BBB. Worth seeing ONCE! For gods sake don’t go to the later one if you are allergic to Katoeys!

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    The 10.30 show at BBB. Worth seeing ONCE! For gods sake don’t go to the later one if you are allergic to Katoeys!
    Why the dislike of drag queens? The Stonewall event that supposedly marks a turning point in the struggle for gay rights was because a bunch of drag queens decided to mark the death of Judy Garland. It’s just a form of occupational therapy for them to perform on stage. Where would Shirley Bassey be without drag queen lip synch imitators?

9. User who gave Like to post:

francois (December 15th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Why the dislike of drag queens? The Stonewall event that supposedly marks a turning point in the struggle for gay rights was because a bunch of drag queens decided to mark the death of Judy Garland. It’s just a form of occupational therapy for them to perform on stage. Where would Shirley Bassey be without drag queen lip synch imitators?
    I know a number of people undergoing occupational therapy, the difference is they don't take this as a right to inflict themselves on bar audiences as they perform their therapeutic exercises

but lets not sully the memory of Stonewall and my miss-spent youth remembrances of great drag acts with so many of today's sad/bad lip-syncing katoey acts at too many of the bars - there is a big difference between ersatz femme fatales with tacky worn out costumes who can't quite get their lips around songs they can't sing and mostly don't understand and the big butch ersatz femme fatales with tacky worn out costumes and more chest hair than flesh bulging out of their dresses with a handbag in one hand and a six inch stiletto in the other aimed at a cop's (or audience member's) head and knowing exactly who or what they were taking the mickey out of

but of course I am just displaying my cultural insensitivity - but then I would love to hear some of the falung lovers of bad katoey lip-sync shows in so many of the Bangkok and Pattaya gay bars justify them in a Thai cultural frame of reference

bkkguy

Liked

I don't quite grasp how, as a member of a "bar audience" anything can be "inflicted" upon you - unless you frequent "special interest" bars in perhaps Berlin or Amsterdam where you are put into physical restraint (normally at extra cost) and thus prevented from leaving (or going to the toilet for that matter)

If that's not the case then presumably you are free to leave if the entertainment is not to your liking, rather than making a song and dance about it after the fact.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (December 16th, 2017), Patanawet (December 16th, 2017)

Liked

Isn't that what you do here?