Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: new bar in jomtiem

Liked

Re: new bar in jomtiem

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    Anyone know what the drink prices are at this bar?
    I went to the 1100pm show last night. They have a second show at 1230am. Browsing the drink menu the prices were:

Soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee - 140 baht

Beer - 160 to 170 baht. Tower of beer 500 baht

Cocktails - 240 baht

Spirits including mixer - 140 baht for Sangsom, Pipers, Gin etc - 200 baht for Johnnie Walker Black, Jack Daniels.

Wine - 150 baht per glass.

Bottles - 1200 for Blend up to 3000 for Black and 3500 for Jack Daniels.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (December 4th, 2017), francois (December 4th, 2017), joe552 (December 3rd, 2017), Moses (December 5th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Those shows leave me cold and I'd actually avoid a place that has one. Or I'd go before it started and leave when it came on. Does anyone actually enjoy them?
    That's about the same as I feel regarding these types of "shows".
    We get to Pattaya/Jomtien on average about 3 times a year and always stay at The Venue . . . but always ask for room on the 3rd floor facing the back (usually get it). Both of us are deep sleepers and are never bothered by the show's noise.
    I march right past the show and have only stopped to watch once. The shows are -- in my opinion -- massively amateurish. I honestly don't get what folks see in these tacky, cheap, excuses for entertainment.
    For some reason Brits over 50 yrs old (or so) seem to be the main audience ... think the shows to be the cat's ass of gayish festivities.
    Perhaps I'm not gay after all?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

4. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 3rd, 2017)

Liked

I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself. Your partner of some years might attest to your gayness.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself. Your partner of some years might attest to your gayness.
    My old man pretty-well thinks all gay Farangs are quite batty. Including me ... attestment-wise.
    I tend to agree. Proof you say?: the jokers on this Board ... say no more.

I can't even imagine what he would think of a major neurotic such as Cndmatt.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

CNDmatt?

Ban the Bum?

8. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 4th, 2017)

Liked

But what about those who give him the bums up?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

well in some countries gay was classified as a mental disorder...???!!

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    My old man pretty-well thinks all gay Farangs are quite batty.
    I'm not sure if that's on a par with the comment from one of our esteemed Moderators who, in his recent blog post, writes "But P is one of the few gay Thai boys I know who are not stupid, lazy, greedy, so we stay friends."

How's that for a generalisation?!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_ View Post
    They must have worked overtime in the last few days as there are now folding clear glass doors on the front of the bar and i was told by a nearby bar owner that there will be a "soft" opening of M2M Club-Bar-Cabaret tonight 28th November. The interior looked fairly well fitted out but more work will be done today before opening time. I will try and get to Jomtiem later tonight or tomorrow night and take some photos inside the bar.
    Thanks for taking the time to post detailed info as well as the pics Aussie_. It was great to hear another new bar being added to the Complex, but not sure how well this type of set-up will do in the long term. The Venue shows compared to all other shows I've checked out in Pattaya are, for me, out on their own, and even here they are rarely 'packed', they are well attended but I'm not sure how large the overall Jomtien Show customer base is to support two very similar venues.

Thing is with 'enclosed' bars is when there is no show, say......the time up to the first show, or between shows there's not a whole lot else to entertain...all the open bars have the soi's comings-and-goings to keep interest. A show bar with Agogo boys also gets-by as there are the boys to keep interest in between shows, but as that's off the menu in Jomtien there's no real reason to be in there unless it's Showtime! Also the problem of higher drink prices to cover the show costs are out of sync with the open bar prices when the show isn't on, so little point in paying over the odds for drinks in an enclosed bar with nothing to amuse. Unless the live music is to be a normal item pre and between showtime.

Like some here I find the feathers and katoey lip-sync tedious, so while I'm sure they'll do well at the start as all new ventures seem to, especially as high season throws up plenty of short term holiday visitors, the trick will be to have something in place to keep interest outwith showtime. It advertises itself as Club- Bar- Cabaret... The bar and cabaret bit I get...what's in the 'Club' part? is that the music throughout the evening part?

But whatever....I'll still make an appearance next trip in support of the new venture.

Quote Originally Posted by smiles
    always stay at The Venue.... I march right past the show and have only stopped to watch once. I honestly don't get what folks see in these tacky, cheap, excuses for entertainment...the cat's ass of gayish festivities
    When in Soi Twilight Bkk, if on the occasional visit to Agogo bars, first question I ask outside is 'what time is the show' and 90% of the time the answer is "show now show now!" normally a blatant lie..... they seem shocked to find the reason I want to know the actual show time is to avoid the fucking thing. Then some truth seeps out as they inform that its not show time after all, it starts about 45 mins or whatever... like Joe552 I'll go in and leave at showtime.

As stated above.........I'm not really a fan of feathers-boa-katoey lip sync, mostly shows are attended due to some up-country friend of bf coming to town on a visit and it's part of the obligatory 'main highlights' tour, the camp-gay side of life is something I have very little in common with.

That said however, The Venue shows in Jomtien are some that I can enjoy if only occasionally, partly that's because I know 3-4 of the current troupe (as others here might too....Manny, Ness etc..) who previously worked the Pattaya bars before finding their vocation. These are the younger guys in the show so youthful and attractive makes for a change from the usual painted katoey faces who have done the rounds for years. The Venue shows in my opinion are better for a couple of reasons......they are far more energetic with some different moves/music from the young lads compared to the 'standard fare' and I have never seen a skit/show repeated even once, whereas back in the day at BzBzBz/Throb etc.. the same show was dragged out night after night. Yes, The Venue does have one or two katoey lip-syncs but is balanced with the different segments and attractive dancers.

The Venue show worth a re-visit next time perhaps 'smiles'.......? even if just to confirm your worst fears?

13. 3 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (December 6th, 2017), llz (December 6th, 2017), Robby (December 6th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

damn..funny how we are alll wired differently..I find the lip sync shows soooo boring...i look forward to all the big cock/fuck shows..pity they are on the decline...not a patch on 10 years ago when every single gogo bar on soi twilight had a full on erotic/fuck show twice a night.