List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Closing threads - would you ever stop it !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Closing threads for NO good reason on SGT...thin end of the wedge.

See, now do you see what a total waste of time your "so PM him" comment would have been, thank god I dont listen to all the advice I'm given eh.

Liked

Re: Closing threads for NO good reason on SGT...thin end of the wedge.

Yes, thank God.

Liked

Re: Closing threads - would you ever stop it !

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    I'm pretty sure it's "tenets".
    Quite right. Where's Christian when you actually need him?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Well, talking about "tenants in law" ... Guideline 4.8 seems to me to be new. Perhaps Neal wrote that, but I cannot see Surfcrest doing so. Did Moses add that rather authoritarian guideline?
    Hitler's Enabling Act of 1933 was very like Guideline 4.8.

I know I know, a drama queen, right?
    most funny post in Thread...

have you seen Google's terms?

Google may also stop providing Services to you, or add or create new limits to our Services at any time.
    https://www.google.com/intl/en_ru/po.../regional.html

every free service has such terms...

Instagram:

We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you.
    https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511

and so on...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Or in other words....remember your place and shut up.

Liked

I'd be careful Moses, as you seem to be on thin ice right now with the membership. Push much more, a decent chance you'll end up with a forum with no membership. Then you just have a ghost town that you're paying the monthly server bill for.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I'd be careful Moses, as you seem to be on thin ice right now with the membership. Push much more, a decent chance you'll end up with a forum with no membership. Then you just have a ghost town that you're paying the monthly server bill for.
    I don't think you are echoing the thought of all of the board members. A handful at most ?

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 16th, 2017), arsenal (November 17th, 2017), Moses (November 16th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    I don't think you are echoing the thought of all of the board members. A handful at most ?
    What? You think because only 10 or so have actually bothered to comment publically on the thread being closed, that is the full extent of the disgruntlement regarding the direction the forum is taking if it continues down the censorship path? By they way even at 10 it is more than a 'handful' including 'surprise' from A447 a moderator, that moses took the decision and another moderator 'liking' two of the posts disagreeing with moses decision.

Lets face it , you have absolutely no idea how many members 'thoughts' cdnmatt is echoing, but I do know for certain your estimate/guess of a 'handful at most' ....that's 5 by the way.....to be woefully inaccurate and way off the mark.

10 is only the number on the surface there will be many more below the surface. Even I have had over a dozen 'readers' who rarely post here now make contact, and not a single one agrees with the decision. They are board members.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    What? You think because only 10 or so have actually bothered to comment publically on the thread being closed, that is the full extent of the disgruntlement regarding the direction the forum is taking if it continues down the censorship path? .........
    Your estimate of dissatisfied board members may be correct, but neither you nor I can provide authoritative numbers.

Certainly if the board owner took to arbitrarily closing threads left and right, or banned members indiscriminately, that would be a cause for concern. That has not happened.

One thread was closed, admittedly for a reason that was not substantive. The thread could easily have been left to end naturally. And some deletions by a moderator may also have been contentious.

Should the forum be maintained on an "anything goes" level, without the involvement of the owner or moderators? I would say "yes", but with one exception. Posts which are personally abusive should not, must not be tolerated. The owner or moderators have every right and duty to determine what is personally abusive and remove such posts, as they see fit.

I am sure we will never reach an agreement on this so I don't see any point in prolonging the discussion.

Cheers.

Liked

Moses wrote.

" every free service has such terms..."

Exactly. Just as it was with Neal and then Surfcrest. Everyone knows the rules of the game before you come in to play. No different to entering a restaurant, aeroplane, hospital, bar in Thailand or anywhere else. No member (or group of members) including me is particularly important to this board. In fact a clearing out of some of the 'old guard' (perhaps too, including me) might be something to Moses advantage. Especially those who do little other than complain constantly about anything and everything. Just saying like.
    Last edited by arsenal; November 17th, 2017 at 08:59.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (November 27th, 2017)