Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Investment tips for Thai boys?

Liked

Re: Investment tips for Thai boys?

Quote Originally Posted by pennyboy View Post
    Are we really talking about a 95,000 bt investment? The idea that a fund will give an annual return of 20-25 percent and still be classed as safe is ludicrous. My advice would be to be happy with the current 4 percent.

Yes, we're talking about a 95,000 baht investment. Is that a problem?

Might not be much for you, but it's enough for him to live for a year on his own if necessary.

Liked

Morningstar gives VTWSX a three star rating and two stars for risk. I don't see the appeal, nor do I know how Leo could actually purchase it.

Over the years my partner has been buying K-EQUITY from the nearby Kasikornbank branch and KTSE and KTSF from Krung Thai Bank. These are all SET 100 index funds. None of them is great by US standards but they can be purchased without opening a brokerage account and they've been paying around 5% (after 15% withholding which can be refunded).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Yes, we're talking about a 95,000 baht investment. Is that a problem?

Might not be much for you, but it's enough for him to live for a year on his own if necessary.
    It's certainly not a problem for me. It's a problem for the investor if he needs to at least maintain the value

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No matter what hes doing with it would you at least please give him 5000 baht immediately so he can add that to his fund as that 95K unrounded figure is driving my poor OCD driven mind crazy ! :-)

Liked

No worries NIrish, already ahead of you. He'll be headed back to Laos around the 25th, and will probably round it up to 103,274 baht or there abouts.

This past month has been quite nice to me financially, which is a welcome relief. Still getting used to the feeling of waking up, and knowing I don't have to worry about shit like how to pay the electric bill. A welcomed change from the past year, that's for sure. Stupid going blind...