Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thailand..meaning

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thailand..meaning

yeah Ive done the islands...full of chinese tourist boats throwing masses of bread into the sea to attract fish...looked like a giant had vomited....apologies if i come across a bit negative..

Liked

Chinese tour groups are hated the World over and nowhere more so than in China by most Chinese. Hence the government produced a thick book on how to behave abroad.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

good luck with that..they make a bull in a china shop look like a good thing

Liked

Yes. However I would point out that they are the least aggressive people anywhere and drunk girls can and do walk down the road dressed in mini skirts and a tight stretchy top with little fear of attack.

But let's get back to Thailand. I love the fact that while out on my motorbike I can call in at any roadside food stall and even if they speak no English they can do me a delicious plate of fried rice with shrimp and chicken. A wonderful snack for about 50 baht.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

least aggessive people...really??? have u ever been to a buffet restaurant with chinese guests??? one gets trampled by these " least aggressive" people as they stampede to the buffet and proceed to pile starters, mains and dessert all onto the same plate about 2 foot high...

Liked

Oh they're insanely greedy when it comes to food, perhaps due to many famines and their table manners are those of a hog. When I say non-aggressive I really mean physical violence and having fights or simply attacking people.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

damn...find myself having to agree with the troll...

Liked

This is an observation so I propose it with caution...is it not the case that the Chinese children we see in Thailand as well as the Chi-Thai kids tend are more likely to be over weight than others?
    If true, is it the result of their parents and grandparents over-compensating for years of famine? Of course, those Chinese gods, whose images appear all over the place, tend to be well-fed as well.

Liked

Oh, I absolutely love living in a Buddhist society far moreso than a Western society like Canada for a multitude of reasons.

Western society is simply too isolated for me. There's no life on the streets, and everyone is always in such a rush to get from point A to B, they barely have time to look up and realize they're alive. The constant squabbles that go on in Western socieities are just beyond petty and ridiculous in meyes, whereas you don't really get that in Thailand. In Canada you have to listen to people say brilliant things like, "wow, did you see the color of his shirt? OMG! how weird is that, eh?". Oh, for fuck sakes... in Thailand, that type of thing doesn't really exist.

The majority of people in Western socities are silently depressed, and once you get inside their heart and mind, they won't shut up about all the problem in their life, and their perceived problems with the world. It gets exhausting after a while. Not to mention the constant egotistical nature of Westerners, which doesn't really exist amoungst Thais.

The vast majority of Thais I've encountered are good people, who constantly strive to have a good heart and do good by their fellow humand. They're also quite down to earth, and see life and reality for what it is, and concentrate on the important aspects of life. You will almost never have a problem finding a Thai person to offer you a helping hand if you ever need one, whereas I unfortunately can't say the same about Canada, as everyone is too busy to bother.

Being gay here is great, as it's a complete non-issue. I don't like in Canada being known as the "gay guy" or "gay friend". Here, I'm just known as Matt the human, which is great. I'm sure everyone in our local area has figured out Leo and myself are in a gay relationship, but nobody cares in the slightest. And for the few people who maybe care, society here dictates they keep their mouth shut and be respectful, which is nice.

I like how there's tons of life on the streets here, from mom & pop shops where their raise a family and have friends come over because the shop doubles as their home, to all the markets on the streets, etc. You don't get that in Canada at all. The streets are dead, and only act as conduits to get from point A to B.

There's no winters here, which is quite nice. I enjoy not having to trudge through 4 feet of snow, and constantly slip on ice during the winter mounts. Can't say I miss that.

Cost of living is obviously a bonus. I figured it out previously, and we spend about 85,000 baht/month to maintain our lifestyle. This same life in Vancouver would probably be around 400,000/month, which is unrealistically expensive, at least for me.

And tons of other reasons. I have no desire to move back to Canada, and am much more comfortable in a Buddhist society.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    damn...find myself having to agree with the troll...
    If she could just stop channelling Lady Bracknell ....