Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: Do you believe cndmatt's stories?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 26.67%
  • No

15 50.00%
  • Other

7 23.33%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe cdnmatt's stories?

Liked

Re: Do you believe cdnmatt's stories?

I've voted yes, but of course I could be wrong. Cannot remember any blatant lie or discrepancies by Matt. It's hard to believe that he didn't go home to see a real hospital after this blind thing, but there is the visa issue what could have prevented him doing so. Anyway, maybe he is willing to meet another member fo a beer, so we all could be sure about him and be happy about further updates from his life up there in KK. ChristianPFC is a decent guy to meet or maybe this NewAllaan.

Liked

Matt, that was a powerful post. I still don't know if you're "real" or not, and let's face it, we'll probably never know, for sure, one way or the other.

But your post about a447 talks about a genuine hurt, that I find hard to disbelieve. You're right, I was away from the board for a long time. So I probably missed a lot of drama.

Right now, and for what it's worth, i believe what you say. I don''t think that level of anger can be manufactured.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, and a447 will be along at some point to show how wrong I am.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked

I answered “I don’t know”. This is based on the feeling that one should not say that Matt is lying unless you have a fairly good idea. But I have to say I lean towards a no.

The funny thing is Matt is getting annoyed now at the fact that people don’t believe him or his stories. A lot of that could have been avoided if Matt had taken up the opportunity to meet some board members in person earlier on. But despite some discussions, particularly a lot with Christianpfc, it never came to pass.

At one stage Matt offered a free board people to people if they wanted to come to see him and Kim (the Leo of the day). But with Christian, and I think somebody else is well, these plans to meet always fell through. When it looked like Christian really was going to come and see him, suddenly Matt seemed to get nervous of Christian, that he was a bit of a weirdo and stalker, and declared that he didn't want to see him after all.
    It was funny to see Matt trying to portray Christian as a dodgy and dangerous character – although Christian's style can be strange at times he has met loads of people off the Boards (including me) and no one ever has had a problem with him (that met him face to face anyway).

Matt even back then was having problems with people disbelieving him. I told him that therefore he should make a special effort to meet Christian or somebody who had was accepted within the “Boards community” as being genuine, and reports of Christian meeting him and seeing his actual situation would lend credence to him.

I cannot remember if this was in a PM or a posting on a discussion. But Matt dismissed me and said something along the lines s of “I don’t care if anybody believes me or not”. Whether this was from being arrogant and he really just couldn’t care less, or because his life was a bit of a made up story I didn't t know at the time, and still don't know now. What I do know is that Matt pretends he couldn’t care less if people believe him or not, but it’s obviously it’s something it does annoy him.

So that was either a miscalculation Matt’s part, or maybe it was something he had to do because he couldn’t let Christian know the truth.....

To be honest, I have to say Matt’s anger at the upset a447’s posts caused him seemed a little less heart-rending when, reflected at how Matt (presuming he is genuine) could have avoided a lot of the scepticism by not being an ornery old fuck earlier.

Anyway this current thread, Matt is trying to get us to nominate bits of the story there aren’t true. I’m not going to play that game as it will just get into an unwinnable row where we can argue back and forth about what parts of his life story are the most fantastical, which if he was a fantasist troll just making it all up, he would enjoy anyway.

4. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (November 14th, 2017)

Liked

which if he was a fantasist troll just making it all up, he would enjoy anyway.
    He's absolutely loving it, which is why he tells us in almost every single post that he is blind.

Even his over the top anger at me is manufactured and part of the game.

I'm just playing along, which gives him the opportunity to remain on centre stage.

He should be grateful!
    Last edited by a447; November 14th, 2017 at 06:00.

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 14th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    He's absolutely loving it, which is why he tells us in almost every single post that he is blind.

Even his over the top anger at me is manufactured and part of the game.

I'm just playing along, which gives him the opportunity to remain on centre stage.

He should be grateful!

You just don't get it, do you? Even if you think I'm lieing about going blind, any rational human would keep their mouth shut about it. Not you though...

What happens if you're wrong (you are btw), and I am actually blind? Then what? I highly doubt you'd ever apologize, because you're just a horrible human being like that.

Oh, and as for the 5th of the month? Yeah, that wasn't meant as 555. That's simply because rent is due on the 6th.
    Last edited by cdnmatt; November 14th, 2017 at 08:04. Reason: bb

Liked

I reiterate that as long as your stories involve only characters then it's bearable but once you start attacks on real people doing real jobs and employing real people who need real jobs then the adults will have to step in.

Liked

Well, I have two contractors on the pay roll now, and am just now once again responsible for training another development team. Does that count?

Liked

New characters? Scribble away.

Liked

Ronan, you make a number good points.

Matt, I'll be in Thailand in January. I'm prepared to spend a couple of days in KK, (always like to get out of the Pattaya bubble). How about a meet? Take an hour out of your day and we'll have a beer or 3? What say you?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

12. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 14th, 2017)

Liked

Yep, happy to meet you Joe. Sorry, but not willing to meet Christian. He just creeps me out, and I don't want anything to do with him. You on the tother hand seem like a normal guy, who like the rest of us, is just trying to make the best out of this crazy thing called life.

I know of an excellent restaurant that serves probably someo of the best Italian food you've ever had. Owned by an older Italian guy, and his food shows that he's had a good amount of experience in kitchens in Italy. Happy to buy you dinner some night, if wanted, especially if you'll drop a note on the board to shut everyone up once and for all.

Again though, just make sure to schedule in advance. I need to ensure Leo is here, and not in Laos, as I need him as a guide to get around town. Going by myself is just a bad idea.