Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yupins News. Pattaya

Liked

Yupins News. Pattaya

Hi,

Here we are again at the beginning of the High Season, when many people return to Thailand after work or staying in the home country.
    It is very nice to see everyone coming back for some sunshine, Thai culture and smiles, like the turning of the tide!
    The weather as usual is getting cooler although still sunny. In the next couple of days we have a possible rain storm coming from Vietnam, but as you know Pattaya /Jomtien has its own ideas about weather and the really naughty stuff is only allowed to circle around us and seldom impinges on the daily routines!!
    It can be seen marching across the bay hurling thunder and lightening about as if it was cheap, and then it dives off left or right, usually South, to the subjacent areas, who get wet.

The recent period of mourning and cremation has successfully passed now, and it was a magnificent display of organisation and ceremony that was truly world class in its perfection .
    It embodied beautifully the feelings of the Thai people at this time, and was a stunning spectacle for us all to witness.

Loy Krtathong also has just passed and it was conducted in a most peaceful and safe way, with hundreds of thousands of participants, casting their Krathongs onto the waters, thus ensuring happiness and prosperity for the future. Another success of vast scale ceremonial for Thailand which we are lucky to witness.

For the inhabitants of Jomtien, things are looking up. There has been an upsurge of new restaurants and entertainment venues in the area, of a very high class indeed.
    We also are witnessing a time of massive construction of condos and hotels and beach roads so it seems sometimes that someone must know more about the future than we do!
    The Thepprasit Road area for one, now has at least three very large markets and two vast show and entertainment centres, and pop up restaurants everywhere.
    Hopefully they will all flourish.

Needless to say that Christmas is nearly upon us, about six weeks away, and Yupins has been taking bookings since about July for our Christmas Menu.
    Here it is and there are still tables left on both days, CHRISTMAS EVE AND CHRISTMAS DAY, so please let me know as soon as you can, if you would like to eat at Yupins!

YUPINS Restaurant
    2017 CHRISTMAS MENU
    995 baht
    24th Christmas Eve Sittings: 3.00pm-5.30pm-8.00pm
    25th Christmas Day Sittings: 3.00pm-5.30pm-8.00pm
    A Choice of starters
    1/ Yupins Smoked Salmon Salad
    2/ Yupins Prawn Cocktail
    3/ Yupins Spring Rolls
    Main Course
    4/ The traditional Roast turkey, roast potatoes, vegetables, red wine gravy, Sausages wrapped in bacon, sage & onion stuffing and bread sauce.
    5/ or a Thai dish from our menu.
    A Choice of Desserts
    6/ Christmas Pudding flamb

Attached Images Attached Images

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 12th, 2017), Halfhansum (November 12th, 2017)

Liked

Re: Yupins News

Thanks for your post and photos Mr. Yupins. Appreciated I'm sure.

In the last photo you are holding, with both hands, 'something' resembling either a type of dessert, or some kind of High Catholic exorcism ritual. Could you elaborate?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Re: Yupins News. Pattaya

Looks like a dessert to me.

Liked

Perhaps it's after all a Vatican reliquary.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Yupins News

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Thanks for your post and photos Mr. Yupins. Appreciated I'm sure.

In the last photo you are holding, with both hands, 'something' resembling either a type of dessert, or some kind of High Catholic exorcism ritual. Could you elaborate?
    Scoops of ice cream with candles in them - a last-minute, improvised ice cream birthday cake perhaps. Reminds me of the Earthquake at Swensen's.

Liked

Can it really be nearly a year since 'Turkeygate' when CDMatt launched his absurd attack on a pleasant and well run popular neighborhood restaurant. My goodness, how the time flies. Unlike turkey's of course.

Liked

Sorry, but can't help myself. Does this mean you will be serving week old turkey again for Christmas dinner?

Liked

Commander Dude Matt wrote.
    "Sorry, but can't help myself."

Yes. We've noticed.

Liked

Had Yupins or any restaurant served week old turkey the diners would have become very ill and quite likely some of them would have died considering their average age. This would make the news. So their cheery Christmas post from last year will not prove anything. Businesses are encouraged to post here in order to inform us all what is available and they must be free to do so without anonymous and quite frankly psychotic posters like you writing anything that comes into your head.

Liked

It didn't come into my head. It came from lonely's posts. Lonely even went as far as to say, "don't worry, they only half cook the turkeys, and fully cook them on the day", which is FAR worse than just serveing week old reheated turkey.

The owner of Yupins is here, so hopefully he'll reply and say everything lonely said isn't true.