Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A serious question for Matt

Liked

A serious question for Matt

Matt, you may or may not be a Canadian who lives in KK with a Laos boyfriend called Leo. In the same way, that I may not be a guy called Joe who lives in Dublin. So it could all be fiction.

On the assumption that it's not fiction, why would you continue to post about your life on a board where some (many?) members doubt what you say?

I look forward to reading your answer in the morning, right now I'm off to bed (sadly alone).

Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: A serious question for Matt

Popcorn and beer at the ready ...

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

An answer to why Matt continues is the same that kept him posting as beachlover all those years.....Some sick shit!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

4. User who gave Like to post:

francois (November 12th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    On the assumption that it's not fiction, why would you continue to post about your life on a board where some (many?) members doubt what you say?
    Masochism?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    " ... right now I'm off to bed (sadly alone)."
    Also masochism.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Favourite food?
    Popcorn.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    I think you are missing the point.

It's got nothing to do with whether or not anyone believes him - he surely came to the conclusion that there are very few left who believe his tales of woe after he went too far with his "Look at me! I'm blind!" story.

In the beginning, many believed all those dramatic stories of angst about his life with Kim, but given the current state of affairs, they are now in doubt.

My guess is that he's doing it for his own entertainment and doesn't expect his tales to be taken seriously.

And at the end of the day, he's not harming anyone.

Liked

Morning Joe!

For the past 17 years, I've been working from home, or from whatever residence I'm in at the time. Add to that, I'm in NE Thailand, and am also blind now. Makes for a pretty isolating life.

More people than you think believe me. Just because the loudest members who have nothing better to do than bitch and complain don't believe me, doesn't mean there are alot of people reading who enjoy my little updates on life to get a different view point of the world. I know, because I've gotten PMs from lots of them. Just because they don't have the time or desire to post and join the bitch fest, doesn't mean they're not there reading.

I have yet to understand what's so unrealistic about my story. I guess the fact that I'm gay, and ended up living in Thailand? Well, my work is location indepenent, and loads of people seem to love flying half way across the globe a couple times a year to enjoy time in Thailand, so it's not much of a surprise I ended up just living here.

Then what? I work from home? What's so special about that? It's 2017, not 1960, tens of millions of people work from home, if not more. Because I have a poor, rice farmer from Laos as a BF? Again, not sure what's so unrealistic about that.

Maybe it's due the fact he genuinely loves me, and you don't believe that's possible, because all young Asians are money boys in your eyes? Is that maybe it?

Ok, the blind thing I could understand being seen as a lie, but what am I supposed to do about that? Lie, and say I'm not blind? Sorry, but I am. Again, all it takes is one bad fall to damage your optic nerve. Could just as easily happen to you as it did me.

If I was going to make up a story, don't you think I'd do a little better than a typical, boring middle class life in the swamp of NE Thailand?
    Last edited by cdnmatt; November 12th, 2017 at 09:24.

Liked

Here, short answer: I like to write. It's theraputic (sp), and helps me get my thoughts and emotions in order.

Ok, you had your question, so my turn. Why do you keep drunk posting retarded shit that has absolutely no relevance to this board whatsoever? Don't get me wrong, I could care less, but if you're going to try picking on me, why not...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Ok, you had your question, so my turn. Why do you keep drunk posting retarded shit that has absolutely no relevance to this board whatsoever? Don't get me wrong, I could care less, but if you're going to try picking on me, why not...
    That's a good response! I don't doubt that most of what you write about your life in Thailand is true. It would be hard for an impostor to keep up a pretence over so many years. You certainly come over as somewhat fucked-up and confused, but then how many of us on a board like this can plead otherwise?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

nah..I need proof..pic of matty holding an ID card..todays newspaper in front of an easily identifiable landmark holding a white cane...

Liked

Thanks for your reasonable response Matt.

I think your insulting question to me was unnecessary.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.