List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gran Canaria ??? Any help re hotel etc for Christmas ???

Liked

Re: Gran Canaria ??? Any help re hotel etc for Christmas ???

Really sorry to hear that SG, I'm sure there are lots of us here hoping for a good outcome.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Received an email from UKBA saying a "decision has been made" but not saying what that decision is - so he won't know until he goes to pick up his passport next week. I'm not hopeful at all - according to his sister he fucked up the (unannounced) phone interview.
    Lets go with the positive mental attitude thing as my take on that would be the decision has been a positive one and so they're calling him in to give him the visa, otherwise the easiest thing for them to do would just have been for them to post him out a Dear John go fuck yourself you're not getting a visa letter surely .

Liked

I will either be warmer than you or colder around that time of year - depending on the final decision of the UK Border Agency Visa Dept
    Good luck with the Visa. And if you get it, I hope he can cope with the Scottish winter. Scottish summers are too grim for me, so winter would be unthinkable.

What type of visa are you going for ?
    I have no experience in such matters, but one of the few Thai lads I knew here was on some kind of visa for an English language course. He was always evasive when I asked where he was studying, although did seem quite proficient at English. I presume visa requirements for Thai & Vietnamese visitors are similar.

Frankly, I don't see why they have to be so restrictive with visitors from the well behaved regions of the world. It's the Taliban sympathizers who should be sent back, not some harmless Vietnamese tourist.

Liked

Received an email from UKBA saying a "decision has been made" but not saying what that decision is - so he won't know until he goes to pick up his passport next week. I'm not hopeful at all - according to his sister he fucked up the (unannounced) phone interview.
    God, the UK immigration lot can be very picky at times; Individual customised un-announced phone calls etc.
    Would have been a walk in the park had he been a Calais Migrant in need of a shave.
    You would have the issue of stealing him back from the ‘help the needy’ needy divorcee lady, that’s if he was prepared to walk away from all that bread and butter pudding and bubble baths.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    ...What type of visa are you going for . .
    Just the standard Visitors Visa - tried the Student Visitor Visa route over 5 yrs ago - cost a fortune to get refused with no right of appeal, and still waiting for an explanation from Home Office 5yrs later