Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 questions

Liked

Re: A serious question (honestly)

Ludicrous assertion that deletion and editing are (or even "amount to") the same thing.

If you delete a post it's gone.

If you edit a post it's still there, but in an amended version.

Pretty basic really and anybody can see it.

Arsenal just can't admit he's wrong - ever

Liked

I think it was clear in the original post but if it wasn't then it's been cleared up subsequently. Editing and deleting both amount to censure. And censured you were. That's all I'm saying. Enjoy your license.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

This is a fairly ridiculous argument. Obviously you can delete part of a post, and can call it editing.

Much more concerning is that a Moderator who has a personal beef with a poster is once again using his "power" to edit that person's posts.

What we were told were "rules", and even became "laws", are now apparently just "guidelines". The irony of this flexibility is that it is being used to justify censorship that is not supported by any rules or guidelines.

4. 4 Users gave Like to post:

colmx (November 9th, 2017), joe552 (November 9th, 2017), scottish-guy (November 9th, 2017), sglad (November 9th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post

Much more concerning is that a Moderator who has a personal beef with a poster is once again using his "power" to edit that person's posts.
    Yes and, conversely, a moderator can use his power to protect a friend who has clearly violated the rules.

The inconsistency of application of the rules and the prohibition against discussion of a moderator's actions in the open forum is creating a huge potential for abuse and I believe it has happened already. And this is made worse by a moderator who not only has an axe to grind but is lacking in the analytical and comprehension skills required to appreciate the nuances and subtleties of a particular post and is thus quick to trigger the delete button.

Speaking for myself, I only look at a post and view it on its merits. If a poster says he's experiencing a hailstorm in Isaan when no such event has been reported in the media, I ask him to provide a link to a report of such a significant event. I wouldn't necessarily assume that he's a habitual liar. In my humble opinion, whether a person claims to be blind, pathetic or moribund, shouldn't add credence to his posts and neither should it grant him immunity from the board's rules.

If this relentless pursuit of old vendettas and backslapping among members of the OBN continues, then this board is unlikely to receive fresh blood in terms of ideas, insight and critical analysis. No, this doesn't necessarily imply that there would be a decline in the number of members, posts or those precious number of views they attract, but the forum will never rise above its current existence and perhaps that's what the majority is contented with - and deserves.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    ban buttons
    nobody except me can ban here... upd: sorry, I forgot - local robot can ban also... somebody has "personal beef" with our robot?

No, this doesn't necessarily imply that there would be a decline in the number of posts or those precious number of views they attract, but the forum will never rise above its current existence and perhaps that's what the majority is contented with - and deserves.
    It is someone's "wet dream"

Membership here been expanded twice at past 1.5 years, average registration rate is 2 members per day since moderation been implemented at October...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

7. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 9th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    It is someone's "wet dream"

Membership here been expanded twice at past 1.5 years, average registration rate is 2 members per day since moderation been implemented at October...
    I'm sorry; how does that contradict what I said?

Liked

I'm sorry; how does that contradict what I said?
    May be you know another meaning of word "rise" what I miss? I know only meaning "grow". Forum is rising right now. And I expect it will grow even more fast with the lowering of the level of the hate here...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Re: 2 questions

So, the Head Judge gets to lie in open debate on the Gay Thailand forum - saying a post of mine had been deleted when it had not - and when he is called out on it, his lie is exposed, and others point the discrepancy out - he gets to hide it all away in this backwater forum.

How absolutely lovely - you're all doing a fine job.

Liked

Your all furious with the moderating policy and I would say the moderators but it's only me.
    Some because Gorbals Jock has more leeway than others.
    Some because neo-Nazi images were deleted.
    Some because there aren't enough rules.
    Some because there are too many rules.
    Some because fury is free and so why shouldn't you have your share.
    Some because suspended members have come back.
    Some because they are easily led by the gobbiest of gobby blokes.
    Some because because because because because of the wonderful things he does.

Please form an orderly queue and we'll get to each of you in turn when we have the time.

Liked

Forum: Everything Else
    Thread: The Catalonians Stand up for Freedom.
    https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...-freedom/page2
    It says: This message has been deleted by arsenal. Reason
    Inappropriate photographs.