Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy to be single?

Liked

Happy to be single?

Good morning to all our early riser members in Australia and Asia, and good night to our European members.

If you're single, are you happy to be? Or would you prefer to be in a relationship? I'd love to have a BF, but can't see it happening.. How about you?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

2. User who gave Like to post:

ktq (June 3rd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Happy to be single?

I love having a life partner, someone to share experiences with, a sunrise a MB, a good meal, a walk...

Liked

I'm genuinely pleased for you latin, and not a bit envious.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My long time partner spends a couple of nights a month at his mother's place when there is no other relative available to stay with her. Apparently some ghosts visiting her house now and then and she needs a family member on hand.

During these 24 or 48 hour interruptions in our conjugal life, I enjoy catching up on household chores I have been putting off, stay up later than usual surfing the net, smoking more than is good for me, allowing the apartment to be filled with the aroma of frying bacon or hamburgers. But it's not long before introspection occurs and I realize that I am no longer suited to a solitary life. So I am happy to be single, but only for a day or two at a time.

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 8th, 2017), cdnmatt (November 8th, 2017), joe552 (November 8th, 2017)

Liked

Thanks for that, bob. Happy you've got a good guy to share your life with.

Liked

This is going to sound melodramatic, but it's true. If I ever had to be alone in this life again, I'm quite confident I'd just kill myself. There's no way I'm putting myself through that loneliness and depression again. Plus a life without Leo just isn't worth it, and I know he feels the same about me, if not moreso.

We always argue about that. He always bitches at me and says I need to love myself more, whereas I'm of a different mindset. I need something larger than myself to care about, because if it's just me going at it alone, I just won't really care. However, if I have a reason of vision that's bigger than myself, I trun into quite a capable individual.

Can also echo bob's sentiments. Leo goes back to Laos for about a week every 30 days when his VISA expires. First few days I'm fine, but by the end of the week I'm a bit of a mess. Every time I wake up, I'll go wandering around the house looking for Leo, and a couple mins later once I fully wake up I realize he's not even in Thailand, type of thing.

Thankfully, I manage to keep the house in good order when he's not here. Kitchen is always 100% clean, because I'm terrified of maggots. Then everything else has to stay in order at all times, because I'm blind, and I'll forget where I put anything.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    ....everything else has to stay in order at all times, because I'm blind, and I'll forget where I put anything.
    I am not blind (eyesight actually much improved after cataract surgery), but in my home also, everything else has to stay in place or I will forget where I put things. This is an attestation of my membership in the 70+ club, not something to which one should aspire.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    This is going to sound melodramatic...... If I ever had to be alone in this life again I'm quite confident I'd just kill myself.......a life without Leo just isn't worth it..... and I know he feels the same about me
    Oh PLEASE !! Anymore of that sickening Mills and Boon claptrap and I'm starting a campaign to suggest that you proceed with your first suggestion without further delay ffs!!

And in answer to the OP - BOTH ! When I'm single I think I'd like to be in a relationship and when I'm in a relationship I usually end up preferring to be single and enjoying peace and quiet and my own company ! ( Or actually more just still to be out shagging just to be more precise).

11. 5 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 8th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (November 8th, 2017), dinagam (November 8th, 2017), joe552 (November 8th, 2017), Rolling Stone (November 9th, 2017)

Liked

Are there no single guys out there might want to contribute?

Liked

I'm single and very, very happy.

I can do whatever I want, whenever I want.

When I travel as a sex tourist I prefer to be by myself - I don't want anyone cramping my style, so to speak!

But when I travel for sightseeing I always take a friend as it's nice to share experiences.

I don't need a partner for sex, because I prefer sex with someone a lot younger then myself.

Having said that, I can see the benefits of having someone to grow old with. I sometimes envy those with partners.

But not for long! I'm now thoroughly used to living by myself. I'm alone, but far from lonely.

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (November 8th, 2017), joe552 (November 8th, 2017), Rolling Stone (November 9th, 2017)