Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Retirement destinations

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Retirement destinations

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Financial first. I could live on the State pension in Pattaya (presumably doing monthly visa runs?). I'd be happy in a fairly basic 'loom'. I presume I could live here doing visa runs because I wouldn't have the money for a proper Retirement visa.
    Monthly visa runs implies you are on visa-exempt status (which gives 30 days permission of stay, extendable by 30 days for 1900 THB). I would suggest tourist visa (60 days + 30 days for 1900 THB), and taking those 30 days extension for 1900 THB, as that will be cheaper than doing a visa run.

You receive unemployment benefit, that means you have to be physically in Ireland? If not, I would rather start now (spending some months in Tennerife or Thailand to see how you like living there long-time), if you have the money now.

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    I think I must have accidentally deleted my post, whilst trying to edit a typo on my phone (lesson learned: leave the typos!)
    Leave the typos, I will take care of them. (Just kidding!)

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 10th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (November 10th, 2017), Brad the Impala (November 10th, 2017), dinagam (November 10th, 2017)