List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club One Seven Chiang Mai question...

Liked

Club One Seven Chiang Mai question...

Hi,
    I've never been to Club One Seven after being in Chiang Mai numerous times. Can anyone give me a beginner's guide for what to expect? Is it ok to show up alone? What's the protocol?

Liked

Re: Club One Seven Chiang Mai question...

Quote Originally Posted by netrix View Post
    Can anyone give me a beginner's guide for what to expect?
    from the subtle innuendos in their brochure and web site I am sure even the local authorities have worked out it is a sex on premises venue where people go to have sex with other customers - though they do have a few masseurs available if all else fails

as with most other saunas (and fast food eateries) "the photos are for promotional purposes only" and may not reflect for example the actually number of hunks that will be lounging around in the pool on the day you visit

as with many other Thai saunas total darkness and minimal "relaxing room" furniture is the design motif so eat your carrots before visiting and perhaps bring your own rubber mat

if you have already visited Chiang Mai many times you may already have the requisite skills to negotiate a journey to the venue - it is not exactly a prime location

Is it ok to show up alone?
    on my last two visits there were few/no customers worth the effort but your mileage may vary, or BYOF may be a good option

What's the protocol?
    unprotected access protocols like HTTP are discouraged - always play safe and use HTTPS!

bkkguy

3. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 3rd, 2017)

Liked

Like every other sauna in Thailand. A bit out of town. My most recent visit here:
    http://christianpfc.blogspot.de/2017...30mar2017.html

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

BonTong (November 4th, 2017), mr giggles (July 25th, 2022)

Liked

Christians blog is highly recommended for all insomniacs, it's bound to get you nodding off. Just joking Christian. The report on the sauna is excellent with the right blend of information, opinion and rudeness. It's amazing how many think they can come in under the bar when you tell them you don't do old and fat.

Liked

Fair warning: "Off Topic (somewhat)"

There is a story ~ 2 stories actually ~ about Club One Seven Hotel some may be interested in.

The original 'Club One Seven' was not in Chiang Mai but in Patong Beach, Phuket.
    In October of 2004 I was not yet living in Thailand but still working at my job in Canada (I did't retire until 2007) but visiting Suphot in Thailand usually twice a year on monthly holidays.
    We had decided that on this trip we'd go for a week in Patong over the Christmas and New Year festivities. So, after some hunting, in October I booked room there, a gay hotel which was right on the great curve of beach at Patong named 'Club One Seven'. Both of us were expecting a great time together . . . it had been months before since wed seen each other, in February of 2004.

But it was not to be. In November I had a quite nasty accident at work ~ a great fall from a great height which left me very much worse for the where, and being told that the healing was going to take months rather than weeks. C'est la vie, but horribly annoying.
    So after contacting Suphot about this disaster I cancelled the hotel booking as well as the flight.

A month later, on December the 26th, Patong Beach was hit by the Great Tsunami of 2004. The Club One Seven was located directly across the beach road. Imagine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

By June 2005 I was well healed, and we took our holiday after all ... it included a week in Patong (in a hotel some blocks back from the beach).
    Arriving there I was pretty impressed by the amount of infrastructure rebuilding which had taken place in just 6 months. The devastation on the beach road was well on the way to being what it once was.
    We walked down the road to see what had happened to Club One Seven. But it was simply a shell of a building, covered partly with those green plant-protection nylon sheets blowing in the wind. Sad to see that, but always eerily aware that we would heve been there, except for my stupid fall from grace.

I heard later that the owner of Club One Seven started up his hotel again, this time quite far from the beach, but still in Patong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

But thats not the end of it.

On this Board (back then in 2004 I was the owner/admin/and only moderator) there was a quite prolific and interesting member with the handle "Ajarntrade" ('ajarn' means 'teacher' in Thai).
    On the day of the tsunami he was shacked up with his boyfriend and his boyfriend's friend . . . at the Club One Seven in Patong Beach.
    He felt the initial earthquake, though its epicentre was a long way away and it was not a major deal in Patong, nor for himself.
    But a bit later after that: The Deluge

Subsequently 'Arjarntrade' wrote a long and very detailed story about the day the tsunami hit. And he posted here on this Board for all to read.
    I did a search for it after reading the OP regarding the Club One Seven Hotel in Chiag Mai ... never expecting it to still be here. But voila, there it was, still as stark a post that has ever been published on this board.

Originally I attempted to copy the whole thing into this post, but when I tried it I got this message: 'The text that you have entered is too long (27841 characters). Please shorten it to 15000 characters long.'
    (I've never seen that instruction before.)

Here is the URL to read the Arjarn story from 2004, if interested.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...hlight=tsunami

----------------------------------------------------

The Club One Seven hotel seems to have prospered: they now have the original hotel in Patong (going strong?), a hotel in Chiang Mai, and one in Singapore.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

8. 4 Users gave Like to post:

BonTong (November 4th, 2017), christianpfc (November 4th, 2017), snotface (November 4th, 2017), Tintin (November 4th, 2017)

Liked

Thanks for your post Smiles. Indeed a lucky escape. I've a feeling I read the long posts by Ajarntrade before, but they certainly deserve a second outing.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

I remember this report by Ajarntrade very well. How could I ever forget it! It strongly influenced my conception of the December 2004 tsunami.

It was great to have this outstanding report by one of our members on this board back then. And I'm thankful that it is still here, after so many years! It's totally worth reading it again.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    if you have already visited Chiang Mai many times you may already have the requisite skills to negotiate a journey to the venue - it is not exactly a prime location
    bkkguy
    ChristianPFC hits the nail on the head in his blog: "I don’t want to support the local taxi/tuk-tuk/songtheo mafia".

Sadly, the transport difficulties have always been an issue in Chiang Mai. But, now with Uber there are at least viable alternatives; market forces always win out in the end . Despite the mafia's attempts to run them off the road (sometimes almost literally) Uber is flourishing in Chiang Mai and has become the mode of transport of choice for many ex-pats. Only word of advice is don't request pickups from places in eye/earshot of a bunch ot Tuk-tuks or Red trucks. Grab has also become popular with Thai's.

Bottom line these days, when visiting Chiang Mai make sure you have a android/iPhone with connectivity. With the Uber and hornet apps installed you can solve all your transport and boy problems in one go.

BTW, best time to visit Club One Seven are their party nights on 1,7,17 and 27 of the month. Don't go to HOM myself, but others tell me it has totally gone to the dogs since Arthur's passing. Probably best avoided.
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

12. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 4th, 2017)

Liked

Smiles, a very lucky escape indeed! Good luck and bad luck, they can be so close to each other.

Liked

Club One Seven Chiang Mai

Does anyone have any info about Club One Seven Chiang Mai? Is the hotel still open? I'm not finding any availability on Agoda and they don't reply to my reservation request. Also, is the sauna still open?

15. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (July 25th, 2022)