Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: US federal indictments.

Liked

US federal indictments.

Have any of you been following this? This is so awesome, I'm lost for words. Manifort is looking at 10 - 15 years in federal prison for being a treasonous piece of shit.

I'm sure, these 3 indictments are only the very start. Mueller quite obviously isn't fucking around, so I'm sure there's more to come. There's a good chance that once Trump's term is over, either via election or impeachment & removal, there will be federal agents at the Whitehouse gates waiting with handcuffs. He can't get charged while being President, but he can once his term over.

The US Whitehouse is currently occupied by a really shitty, stupid, useless mafia gang. That's now coming to an end. This is only the beginning of the end, and I'm absolutely thrilled about it.

Anyone else keeping up with this?

Liked

Re: US federal indictments.

Matt, it may surprise you, but I'm sure there are a few on here who actually read the news. I can't actually see The Donald going anywhere soon, but one lives in hope. Is this his Watergate?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

When I write introductory scripts for my agency's Vietnamese weekly talk show, I ordinarily refer to him as Trump, with no preceding honorific. One Vietnamese listener called the show to say we should always call him Mr. Trump or President Trump, out of respect. RESPECT? From now until he dies, that man will never earn anyone's respect.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Matt, it may surprise you, but I'm sure there are a few on here who actually read the news. I can't actually see The Donald going anywhere soon, but one lives in hope. Is this his Watergate?

Oh, I would say this is far larger than Watergate. This is an attack on democracy in and of itself, and Mueller seems to be quite serious, so expect a whole lot more to come.

I can't predict the future, but if I had a guess, absolutely worst case scenario, we're looking at about another 14 months of Trump. There is no way he's lasting his full 4 year term. Come the mid-term elections in 2018, I'm certain the Democrats will win in a landslide, and Trump will be gone shortly after. There's no way the Democrats will allow Trump to remain President.

The he will end up with President Pence for a couple years, and he's not much better. At the very least though, he seems calm and measured enough not to pick a fight with the Mayor of London on Twitter hours after a horrific terrorist attack.
    n

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    When I write introductory scripts for my agency's Vietnamese weekly talk show, I ordinarily refer to him as Trump, with no preceding honorific. One Vietnamese listener called the show to say we should always call him Mr. Trump or President Trump, out of respect. RESPECT? From now until he dies, that man will never earn anyone's respect.

I think Webster's is going to have to add a new adjective to the dictionary, "Trump".

In this new modern world of ours, that's all we need to say anymore. Just "Trump", and everyone knows what it means.

Liked

Many of you are probably too old to bother with his, but this seems like a good placement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TliVUjmirYI

e

Liked

Matt, I enjoyed that clip, Your suggestion that some of us are too old is quite frankly rude.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Matt, I enjoyed that clip, Your suggestion that some of us are too old is quite frankly rude.

You're right, that was rude, and I should have worded myself better. What I meant is that show's target audience is about 16 - 30. I'm 36 ,myself, and I still even enjoy that show.

As crazy as it is, late night comedy is probably one of the best sources of news nowadays. Guys like Steven Colbert, Trevor Noah, Jimmy Kimmel, John Oliver, Seth Meyers, etc. Aside from John Oliver, they're daily, and get about 10 minute monologues to explain the latest news to us. So they do it quickly, efficiently, and also in a humorous tone.

Much better than listening to the stupid news networks, where the anchors always gather like a 5 person panel, where they all give their opinions, 80% of the time are proven wrong within 2 - 4 weeks.

Liked

I enjoy their monologues. The Guardian newspaper regularly features a review of their best bits