List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid, fucken Thai street dogs....

Liked

Re: Stupid, fucken Thai street dogs....

Wherever I go in Thailand, street dogs sleep at night (but might get up and bark at me when I'm not quiet), and I didn't have problems at day either.

I would buy a water gun, but then you would need Leo to aim at the dogs. No noise and you can't hurt or startle anyone accidentally as can happen with firework.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    ...chaq'un a son gout.
    French for: Every man to his taste.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Chaq'un a son gout: French for: Every man to his taste.
    Thanks for the translation, Christian. I think most of us were already aware of the meaning. Even we of the American heritage can manage a few words of French. Or, we remain with the English saying: Each to his own as the old lady said when she kissed the cow.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

....and the above is from the man who has the arrogance and audacity to try to correct other members posts for spelling and grammar ! HA !

4. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (November 1st, 2017)

Liked

Then again, if Leo and myself plan to be fathers, more than likely REM is out the window for the next three years, so I guess it doesn't matter.

OMG, is this the next chapter of this novel?
    ..........and that's the way it is.

6. User who gave Like to post:

francois (October 31st, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    ....and the above is from the man who has the arrogance and audacity to try to correct other members posts for spelling and grammar ! HA !
    Thats not very nice
    I take it you meant our friend Christ

Liked

[QUOTE=Oliver;I have to say that it didn't like me much....but chaq'un a son gout.
    [/QUOTE]

Are we still having problems with using accents in spelling as highlighted by Moses recently?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Wherever I go in Thailand, street dogs sleep at night (but might get up and bark at me when I'm not quiet), and I didn't have problems at day either.

I would buy a water gun, but then you would need Leo to aim at the dogs. No noise and you can't hurt or startle anyone accidentally as can happen with firework.

French for: Every man to his taste.

No, a water gun wouldn't work. If anything, the dog would be happy over the attention, think it's a game, and keep coming back for more.

reAnyway, it's almost 9pm, and that dog hasn't been here since about 10am, so looks like my metal pot with ladle idea worked.

n

10. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 1st, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    My impression is that the Thais tend to relate to dogs in much the same way as our distant ancestors did when they first domesticated them. In other words, dogs are often not so much pets as tolerated visitors on the peripheries of communities... This means that dogs aren't disciplined like ours and this facilitates packs of semi-domesticated ones ruling their perceived hunting-grounds. One of these packs surrounded me in Chiang Mai some years ago; a genuinely terrifying experience.

It's not just Thailand of course....
    No, indeed, it's not. This report of a particularly horrific incident appeared in the UK press just last month: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...y-dogs-greece/

Since then the Greek coroner has suggested that wolves, rather than feral dogs, might have been to blame - but that might just be an attempt to classify the event as something "natural" but unavoidable (if equally horrible), rather than being caused by the failure of the authorities to deal with the problem of stray dogs in Greece.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Well that obviously says a lot about your parenting skills, I can raise 2 dogs, so 2 kids shouldn't be a problem.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Hahaha, there we go!

Granted, it's nearly 4am, and I'm up again, but that's just becuase I needed to pee, and I'm sure I was snoring so wanted to get out of Leo's bedroom.

Nonetheless, that street dog is gone! For any expats, there you go. Metal pot with metal ladle is an excellent solution if you ever have street dogs that are mucking up your neighborhood.

And Leo was worried that the nighbors would be angry at me. Nope, I'm quite sure they're very grateful for me doing that, because now we all get peace and quiet, and the ability to sleep again for the first time in about 6 weeks.
    n