List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid, fucken Thai street dogs....

Liked

Stupid, fucken Thai street dogs....

Here we go again. It's 2:30am, and I'm now fully awake. That stupid fucken dog. It's been a daily occurence for about 6 weeks now, is only getting worse, but it's going to stop starting tomorrow afternoon.
    Leo is unwilling to buy me fire crackers, because he thinks it's mean, and will make the neighbors angry. So fuck it, I came up with a new solution. It's called the metal pot from the rice cooker combined with a metal ladel. I'm going to bang the hell out of that thing tomorrow afternoon. I would love to do it now, but everyone else is sleeping.

That dog can go find a new soi to go hang out at thought. He doesn't need to come around here any more.

To make this into an actual thread, and street dog stories to share?

For the visitors, remember, when it comes to street dogs, your tone of voice is the most powerful tool you have. Dogs don't understand your words, but they do understand your tone. Don't ever show them fear, because they will sense it out.

Liked

Re: Stupid, fucken Thai street dogs....

Success in resolving your problem would be more likely either by enticing some Vietnamese to ship them off for their catering trade, or google "how to poison a dog".

Note: I'm not recommending these options & do not have experience of these methods, but am just suggesting you stand a better chance of eliminating dog noise that way.

Since some people might actually like dogs, don't tell any other members.

3. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 31st, 2017)

Liked

No, I'm pretty confident my metal bowl with a metal ladel idea will work great. A BB gun would be better, but I can't aim it, so that's out. I don't want to hurt the dog, but just want to make him go away.

Don't worry, I absolutely love dogs myself. Just look at my avatar, those are basically my children. I got the white guy when he was about 8 weeks old, and and the brown guy when he was about 3 weeks old. Kim's little brother showed up at the house one morning with 8 three week old pups. We nursed them up until they were about 8 weeks old, then gave away as many as we could.

Nobody wanted Boxer because he's brown, so I kept him. Apparently, being the ugly duckling pays off sometimes, because now he's gets very well taken care, plus gets things like rib-eye steaks and 1kg of prok for dinner.

If I actually wanted to harm that street dog, it'd be easy. I'd just open my gate, and my dogs would tear him to shreds within about two minutes. I'm confident my dogs would absolutely love the opportunity, because they probably hate that street dog even more than me. Lucky for the street dog, I'm not that cruel.

Liked

Haven't you watched your cartoons?

The skinny street smart dog will always outsmart the pampered overfed pooches! Every topcat or Tom&Jerry fan knows that!

I heard of someone that soaked chicken breasts in washing up liquid overnight and then fed them to the soi dogs.
    They took around 4 days to die and it was very unpleasant. So not a recommended way to go!

Liked

Well obviously, I'm not going to kill the dog. He is going to go find a new soit to hang out at though.

I got my metal bowl and ladle at the ready. It's now day time, so I'm allowed to make noise on the street now. I'm sure he will be back shortly, and can't wait. It's been a daily occurence for about 6 weeks, so now he gets to learn to find a new hang out spot.

Liked

Basil Fawlty . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    "... I came up with a new solution. It's called the metal pot from the rice cooker combined with a metal ladel. I'm going to bang the hell out of that thing tomorrow afternoon ... "

I can see it know. A blind Canadian wobbling down the soi in the middle of the afternoon wandering from one side of the soi to the other (because he can't see) banging with a metal spoon on a large metal pot screaming all the way down the street " ... fucking soi dogs ...".
    Fawlty Towers all over again. To the Thai: "Ting Tong" big time.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 31st, 2017), neddy3 (October 31st, 2017)

Liked

So how's it going with the dog, Matt? I'm sure I'm not the only one gripped by this saga.

Just for a bit of historical context, the women of Nationalist areas of Belfast and Derry used this method to alert the community when the British Army came to visit. Just sayin'.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

My impression is that the Thais tend to relate to dogs in much the same way as our distant ancestors did when they first domesticated them. In other words, dogs are often not so much pets as tolerated visitors on the peripheries of communities. My boyfriend is a dog-lover (though nowhere near as much as me) and when his pooch sickened died he was inconsolable. But at home, the dog wandered around the village, on one occasion biting a child, did his neutered- best to impregnate other creatures and came and went whenever it fancied.I have to say that it didn't like me much....but chaq'un a son gout.
    This means that dogs aren't disciplined like ours and this facilitates packs of semi-domesticated ones ruling their perceived hunting-grounds. One of these packs surrounded me in Chiang Mai some years ago; a genuinely terrifying experience.
    It's not just Thailand of course. P and I were denied sleep in Luang Prabang a few months ago by a pampered (and definitely not semi-wild) small dog that barked, it seemed, all day and all night while the owners watched complacently.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    So how's it going with the dog, Matt? I'm sure I'm not the only one gripped by this saga.

Just for a bit of historical context, the women of Nationalist areas of Belfast and Derry used this method to alert the community when the British Army came to visit. Just sayin'.

Not sure yet, and time will tell. Leo was with me this morning, and told me my teal pot + metal ladle idea didn't work, as the dog just sat there like an idiot.

However, he hasn't came back yet today, so I think it may have actually worked
    Thank fuck for that. I know I could use a good sleep, and I'm sure the neighbors feel the same. I could definitely use some good REM right now.

Then again, if Leo and myself plan to be fathers, more than likely REM is out the window for the next three years, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Liked

@Oliver -- Right, dogs here are basically treated like security guards, not pets.

For example, people always just naturally assume that I brought my dogs from Canada, and are astounded when I tell them they're Thai dogs. Yes, they were born in Thailand, and just happened to end up with a farang owner who took proper care of them.