Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Cabbages & Condoms

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Cabbages & Condoms

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post

Gaybutton Board is far from losing its identity.
    I don't know what is meant by 'identity' here, but I've found GB's forum quite useful on the nuts and bolts of living in Thailand and GB himself comes across as someone who is eager to help a newbie 'settle in'.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Joe was absent from the board for a long time (a year?) but has returned with a vengeance, starting many threads which have garnered thousands of views.

Isn't that what we want?
    I don't know who is "we" here and whether is it accurate to surmise that they speak as one. Also, I'm not sure where the authority to speak on behalf of that "we" comes from or if it's accurate to assume what they want.

Personally I have no problems with anyone "flooding" the board; I usually skim through the posts on this forum and only respond to topics and the actions described in them - not posters.
    Last edited by sglad; November 8th, 2017 at 03:57.

Liked

I think a447 was simply saying that the more posts 'we' (i.e members of the forum) have, the livelier the board is, and will encourage people to visit and take part.

Of course, a447 is well able to explain himself, and will no doubt do so in due course.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Sglad, the "we" I refer to is those who have viewed Joe's posts thousands of times. Many are members here, others just visitors.

5. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (November 8th, 2017)

Liked

a447, really, thousands? I'm impressed with myself.

Of course, when I'm actually in Pattaya (did I mention I'm going to Thailand in January?) there'll be an opportunity to compare traffic on the site, since I won't be posting for 2 weeks. Perhaps something for some of you to look forward to.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Of course, when I'm actually in Pattaya (did I mention I'm going to Thailand in January?) there'll be an opportunity to compare traffic on the site, since I won't be posting for 2 weeks. Perhaps something for some of you to look forward to.
    In fact, we will be looking forward to completes details of your Pattaya stay, reported daily from your nearest computer shop. BTW, did you say you have a birthday coming up soon?

Liked

Did I forget to mention that I'll be celebrating my 62nd birthday on the day of my arrival in Pattaya? bob, I can't promise daily reports, but maybe every couple of days - I just don't expect to have much to report. Well, apart from whether my old flame turns up for my birthday, whether we go to Bangkok to meet his parents, whether the other guy has gone to Morocco. So you see, a daily post would be a bit excessive.

Liked

If you were going to any other country I would say that after a long long journey from the backwaters of Ireland you'd be too knackered to properly celebrate. However arriving in Thailand is the equivalent of a shot of pick-me-up and even the most jaded of travelers finds a new burst of energy as soon as they pass Little Siam.

10. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (November 8th, 2017)