Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Republicans consider to eliminate taxation of American expats

Liked

Republicans consider to eliminate taxation of American expats

"Fucking" Republicans consider to do something,"great" Democrats never gave a flying fuck

US expats given hope of lower tax bills

Republicans edge towards eliminating need to pay levies overseas and at home

6 HOURS AGO by Demetri Sevastopulo and Barney Jopson in Washington
    Millions of US citizens working overseas could see their tax bills lowered by an overhaul of the tax system as Republicans edge towards eliminating a requirement for American expatriates to pay taxes both overseas and in the US.

Kevin Brady, the Republican head of the House ways and means committee, which is drafting a tax reform bill, said lawmakers were considering the measure, which has been the focus of lobbying by Republicans Overseas, a group of party donors around the world.

Liked

Re: Republicans consider to eliminate taxation of American expats

It will only be for high-end earners....trust me.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Lun Chee (October 29th, 2017)

Liked

You really think the current US administration, Senate and Congress are capable of pushing through massive tax reform? Sorry dude, but you're in for a disappointment. Haven't you been watching the news over the past 9 months?

The current US government is totally useless. The Repuclicans own all three branches of government, and I think 6 times now have failed to pass health care repeal / reform. You really think they're going to be able to get tax reform done? Sorry dude, but not likely.

Especially considering Trump continues to act like a petulant little kid, and pick dights with Republican Senators on Twitter. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with him, but it's been about 9 months now, so I think we're all used to it by now.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I never understood why americans are taxed even if they live outside of the US and their income originates outside the US. Even worse I had a colleague eagerly accept a real good job offer in the US only to find out a few months into his new job that the income he received from rental properties outside the US in his home country was also subject to US tax...nuts..he ended up worse off income wise..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    I never understood why americans are taxed even if they live outside of the US and their income originates outside the US. Even worse I had a colleague eagerly accept a real good job offer in the US only to find out a few months into his new job that the income he received from rental properties outside the US in his home country was also subject to US tax...nuts..he ended up worse off income wise..
    Not only that. Since Americans living overseas need to pay taxes on worldwide income, IRS is after that with draconian reporting requirements (so-called FATCA) which makes it difficult to make investments, have pension plans and even open bank accounts for many expats living outside US.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    You really think the current US administration, Senate and Congress are capable of pushing through massive tax reform? Sorry dude, but you're in for a disappointment. Haven't you been watching the news over the past 9 months?

The current US government is totally useless. The Repuclicans own all three branches of government, and I think 6 times now have failed to pass health care repeal / reform. You really think they're going to be able to get tax reform done? Sorry dude, but not likely.

Especially considering Trump continues to act like a petulant little kid, and pick dights with Republican Senators on Twitter. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with him, but it's been about 9 months now, so I think we're all used to it by now.
    It looks like that you are wrong again. Both Congress and Senate passed the tax reform bill. Unfortunately, there is nothing for expats in both versions.

8. User who gave Like to post:

francois (December 3rd, 2017)

Liked

Although true that Congress passed a tax bill, it is not a reform,quite the opposite.

Liked

Wow! It makes total sense though, now that the US has paid off their 20 Trillion dollar national debt.
    Oh wait a minute....they haven't and yet they are giving out tax breaks already. Fantastically Smart!!!

Surfcrest