List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A miracle or the norm? 10 years visiting Thailand without contracting an STI

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: A miracle or the norm? 10 years visiting Thailand without contracting an STi

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Nothing compared to the negative effects a dose of HIV can have on it though!
    Understood, but one should know the risks and what is the risk of infection for those that don't get fucked and don't enjoy sucking cock and those that do, in the end it sholud be an informed choice.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Re: A miracle or the norm? 10 years visiting Thailand without contracting an STi

I agree absolutely and "experts" disagree about the risks associated with specific activities. Some say you would have to orally ingest a gallon of jizz to have a high risk of contracting HIV from a random selection of guys and others say different. So many variables.

But here is a medication which can reduce the risk to almost zero so to me personally it seems like a no-brainer - but here in the UK we will expect it free on the NHS and that wil involve telling your GP or Pox Clinic that you're a (guess what) elderly gay desperado who takes it up the chute anytime, anyplace, anywhere. Like it or not there's still a stigma and significant numbers of people won't go for it.

Of course you could buy it through the post in a brown envelope but that'll appeal to a very small number as they'll be thinking they're paying for something that ought to be free in the UK - in the same way that retired wealthy individuals still claim every penny and every benefit they can get (such as winter fuel allowance and free bus travel) whilst all the time boasting they don't actually need it.

I personally have not gone to my GP to ask for Prep - and I can't see myself doing so, even though I know it would potentially benefit me. It's just too embarrassing to those of us of a certain age

Liked

To be honest, I'd never heard about this drug before today. I'm not sexually active here in Dublin. In Pattaya, I tend to stick with the same couple of boys during a trip. I'm not into multiple partners every day (no judgement, just personal choice). So I think my risk of infection is low. Btw, I would have no problem discussing this with my GP. He's a warm and friendly guy and I trust him a lot.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

In Russia we use Miramistin as a universal antiseptic against STi. It is popular drug based on the space technology. Not sure if there are analogues in other countries. However, it does not protect against HIV.

Liked

The problem with everyone being on Prep is that they forget about all of the other infections they are spreading around. The anti-biotic resistant gonorrhea has a lot of doctors worried.

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 26th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Unfortunately, that's not what happens, as much as I'd like to say it does.

Only one at a time.

For a looong time.

Yum!

Oh, and only one on any single day.
    You must be a ugly old Aussie if you have to pay for sex in Australia when there are heaps of young guys on grindr looking for hook ups for no money .
    Even fucking fatarseNeal hooked up when he was in Sydney .

Liked

Was it with you?

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 26th, 2017), joe552 (October 26th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oh Lord, i find myself defending a447...but here goes...mick..a447 didnt say he paid for sex with the reguklars..and even if he did maybe like me (now choke a447) he likes to " own" them during the period they are servicing him.
    As for Prep being heavy on the liver ..I've had 3 blood tests since and to date all is within range. Condoms do not protect against STD, they minimise the risk...unless u wrap yourself in latex..dont kiss or even do oral unless covered then the risk is there. STD apart from HIV dont scare me as they can all be treated..I know there seem to be some resitant strains rearing their head but am sure that a solution willbe found.
    And Joe...u must be a bit of a twit if u think restricting yourself to a couple of MB will keep u safe..they have been used by multiple guys before they get to u...could be covered in disease.. as the saying goes..when u fuck with someone u r fucking everyone thats fucked them.
    ON a 7 day holiday in Thailand I will fuck around 30 guys of which at least half will be MBs....u may just be hooking up with a MB that just got pounded and deep throated by me...so u r fucking with 30 guys...who in turn have each fucked another 30 in the last month...the numbers are mind boggling once u extrapolate it...get it?? Or do u really think that the MB u engage has been sitting demurely in the local temple virgin arse snapped tightly closed waiting for u???

11. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (October 26th, 2017)

Liked

I take your point, latintop. You're right of course. God, did I hate typing that!
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mickp View Post
    .....when there are heaps of young guys on grindr looking for hook ups for no money .
    I don't have grindr. I'm not into cum and go with long term "friends."

I like to spend time getting to know the guys if they are going to become regulars.

Thanks for "defending" me Latin but alas, I must admit I do pay them. Quite handsomely, too. If you saw them you'd know why.