List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A miracle or the norm? 10 years visiting Thailand without contracting an STI

Liked

A miracle or the norm? 10 years visiting Thailand without contracting an STI

Looking back at the diaries and notes from previous trips, in this case the first 10 years I visited, this was one of the things which struck me on reflection. I'll add "without contracting an STI I am aware of" to cover all likely responses. This first 10 years equated to 35+ trips and I limited the title to that as for last 8+ years have been hitched to bf with only the occasional mutually agreed massage happy endings. These early years were multiple-partner per visit years, and as they were 90% with working boys in the trade/scene the chances for an STI were increased dramatically somewhat.

Probably what did lessen the chances of picking up 'something' in the early days was that I did tend to have regulars on repeat, and also back then was much less bothered or interested as to the route of the cum rather just tended to see what the chemistry and situation threw up, so not all penetrative staff by any matter or means. But given the sheer volume of sexual partners and % chances of transmission, on reflection I deemed it a miracle.

A miracle also in light of the amount of bottom boys who INSISTED on a condom was nowhere near 100%, I had to be very strict with myself in that regard. Many simply just didn't mention or make reference to a condom, and the worry was not the sex at the time but all the other times these boys had forgot, were too drunk, were thoughtless or had some dangerous/dope of a customer who 'paid more' for, or 'insisted' on bareback. This is still the same to some extent, or only in my own few experiences where some boys still offer their services as they don't know I have bf, or don't care..."fuck me, no condom no ploblem" to try and entice as if the prize is the bareback rather than the fuck itself. I don't know if others come across this in the current climate or not. This is a subject rarely discussed as I think we just prefer to think about/enjoy only what we see as the positives of our interaction with the Thai boys.

I remember many excuses/reasons the boys gave for not insisting on condoms, one common one that I 'looked' clean and tidy, as if that in itself would protect them and I from anything unknown to us already in either system. How often did /do boys get tested? not that often, when I did ask, for many it was just down to cost, and if no symptoms.....why the need..eh?

Bf and I still get tested together at the clinic very occasionally, bf says it's a waste of time and money, probably is and so far he's been correct, but my response is...massage boys are usually naked, some STIs care not only for penetration, if bodily fluids are around things can be passed on in other ways however unlikely or very low percentages, if you just happen to be unlucky on that one particular occasion? I occasionally take a test back home when I attend 'well man' clinics for general blood checks, cholesterol, sugar level etc etc it's only a little bit blood taken at the same time or a bit of pee/swab it's not that big a deal or time consuming, but it does give some kind of comfort when all is found negative.

Just to touch on a subject not often discussed on any of the forums, yet relevant on our Thailand visits. If it helps even one person think about getting tested its worth the discussion time.

Last edited by christianpfc; October 26th, 2017 at 21:53.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 26th, 2017), joe552 (October 25th, 2017)

Liked

Re: A miracle or the norm? 10 years visiting Thailand without contracting an STi

It's a very interesting topic, newalaan, thanks for starting the discussion. I don't engage in penetrative sex (simply personal preference) but just like to give blowjobs and kiss, so think I'm at a fairly low risk. But for those of us who do enjoy to fuck or be fucked, a regular health check should be a no brainer.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: A miracle or the norm? 10 years visiting Thailand without contracting an STi

During my 18 years of active service to the MB community in Thailand, Laos, Philippines, the only problem I had was crabs. Twice. Treated by a doctor once and used canine flea and tick remover the other time.

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 26th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    It's a very interesting topic, newalaan, thanks for starting the discussion. I don't engage in penetrative sex (simply personal preference) but just like to give blowjobs and kiss, so think I'm at a fairly low risk. But for those of us who do enjoy to fuck or be fucked, a regular health check should be a no brainer.
    If you give blowjobs and swallow you are at high risk. At the clinic i visit in Australia they take a throat and anal swab plus the blood and urine test. The clinics that i have visited in Thailand and Taiwan seem to be interested in blood and urine tests only which to me means more chance of Chlamydia and Gonorrhea and more going undetected. I asked at one clinic why they don't do a throat swab and the reply was "no machine here to check the test".

I have had two Thai boyfriends over the years and never took it for granted they would be celibate while i was away. No chances ever taken there.

The happy ending massage places are a concern as i notice quite often the massuer just tidies up the sheet ready for the next customer instead of sending it to the laundry.

I stopped going to saunas after witnessing the unsafe practices happening there on a regular basis.

Some of the trip reports on the various forums mention "taking/swallowing loads of cum" at places like Goodboys in Sunnee. Good luck with that. How often would those guys delivering the load get checked? They were probably fucking their girlfriend without a condom before going to work.

An old farang in Jomtien told me recently he doesn't use condoms anymore when fucking money boys. He said at his age he doesn't care if he catches anything. What about the safety of the money boy?

The introduction of Prep seems to have given many guys unwarranted license to fuck bareback.

This is an excellent topic. I suggest regular and thorough checks whatever your sexual practices as the risk however negligible is stil there and an std such as Chlamydia can have no apparent symptoms.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 26th, 2017), fedssocr (October 25th, 2017)

Liked

"The introduction of Prep seems to have given many guys unwarranted license to fuck bareback." I'm not even sure PrEP is available in Thailand and if so, what MB could afford it?

Liked

Forgive my ignorance but what is Prep? Also, I don't swallow - the boy will cum on my chest when he's ready.

Banned
    Liked

PrEP is available readily in Thailand and very easy to get hold of. In fact, I know of a number of visitors here who take a few months supply home with them when visiting. I believe you can take 3 months through customs into most countries in Europe ect, but you would have to check that. It is very cheap here. Very. Prices start at 1100 Baht a month after a short consultation.

More information here:- https://www.silompulse.com/prep/
    I can also recommend Pulse for any sexual health requirements while here in Bangkok. They are very good value and very professional.

As for the working boys, and even some expats who like to save some money, The Thai Red Cross on RAMA 4 offer free sexual health tests on certain days of the month. I don't know when these days are but I'm sure it's easy to find out. I use PULSE personally. Lot's of the boys in Bangkok take advantage of this free service.

As for catching things, I have been very lucky in my time in Thailand so far. Touch wood, haven't caught a thing. I get tested every 8 to 10 weeks. I think we can all agree it's important for ourselves and for our partners, moneyboy or not!

11. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 26th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but what is Prep? Also, I don't swallow - the boy will cum on my chest when he's ready.
    PrEP / Truvada is a HIV preventional drug. Taken daily it's reduces your changes to contracting HIV to almost 0%.

Liked

Thanks, samebb

Forum's veteran
    Liked

..its fucking great...Im still getting used to it...was a bit nauseous first month or so...but the payoff is great...