Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Happiest days of your life?

Liked

Re: Happiest days of your life?

How old were you when you first went there?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

I think I'm currently living the happiest days of my life right now. The only time comparable would be when my farang husband and myself were together, and living in a small town in the Rocky Mountains. That was an amazing life, but I could quite easily argue that my current life is even better than that.

I guess we're still quite poor, but I'm not too worried about that. I've been both rich and poor multiple times over in this life. I know I have a strong mind, and know full well what I'm capable of, and now have the love and ambition again to actually make it happen, so not too worried about finances.

I have this absolutely amazing husband, who I love more than life itself, because he has this heart that just won't stop. Granted, he's not the most intelligent guy in the world, but when it comes to love, compassion, and empathy, you're not going to find better than him in this life. And as far as I can gather, for some unknown reason, he loves me quite a bit too. I know, I know... he's a crazy shithead for loving me like he does, but for some reason he does.

Then as crazy as this sounds, it looks like we're going to adopt a coule boys in the near future, ages 8 and 10. Leo came into my room a few days ago asking if I want a couple "servants" when we move to Vientiane to help me with being blind. I guess he has a 45yo aunt who peopped out a couple too many kids, and constantly pleads with Leo to take them to Thailand to find them work, because she's simply unable to take care of them. Naturally, my initial reaction was, "Leo, we can barely take care of ourselves, and you want to take in a couple kids? What the fuck is wrong with you?!?!"

Then I thought about it, and it's really not that crazy of an idea. I can be rich if I want to be rich, and I know that because I've done it multiple times. And this family probably lives off $50/month, so they're as poor as poor gets. If the mother isn't able to take care of them to the point she wants to give them away, then I can't possibly see how Leo and myself would do bad by them. They will have a nice home, their own bedroom, lots of clothes and good food every day, lots of love, we'll place them into a proper international school in Vientiane, and so on.

I'm totally over the moon with the prospect of becoming a father. Being able to go to sleep every night knowing that I'm giving two boys a strong life and future would make me so happy, you have no idea. The prospect of this scares the shit out of me, but in a good way, and in a way that I'll ensure not to fuck it up. Leo and myself have about as strong and deep of a relationship as human relationships get, so as long as we stick together, I'm sure we can give these kids a good life. Leo would be an amazing father, because he has a heart that just doesn't stop. Hell, he managed to bring me back from the living dead, and that was definitely no easy feat.

Plus I also have this new found ambition that I haven't felt for a VERY long time. I'm beyond excited about the technology that is going to be coming out, and can't wait to be a part of it (and hopefully get really rich in the process, haha). For one of many examples, within the next 2 or 3 years, expect the checkout lines at your local stores to just totally disappear, including the self-serve checkout lines. You will be able just to walk into your local Tesco, take whatever you want, and walk out without any checkout at all. Assuming your membership card is in your wallet, your credit card will just get automatically charged for whatever you took out of the store. That type of technology currently exists, and just now has become cheap enough to put it into widespread implementation. Unfortunately, it probably won't be me doing the implementation, which sucks, because quite obviously there's a hell of a lot of money to be made there. Nonetheless, that type of thing is coming, and probably sooner than you think.

But yeah, even though I'm stuck being blind which obviously sucks, I can honestly sit here and say I'm probably happier than I've ever been. It's a good feeling.

Liked

Matt I currently use that system in my local supermarket, but technically I think it's call shoplifting.

As for you adopting 2 kids - I'm speechless. I really do hope you're making this up.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

CDMatt. Do not under any circumstances bring children into this story that you post on this gay Thailand message board. If you do I'll infract three of your posts and that's you gone for a week along with your posts.

5. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (October 25th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Of course it

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The other sections of my post were apparently deleted. No explanation or comment provided.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    How old were you when you first went there?
    I was thirteen and just starting junior high.

Liked

Bob, did you use any apostrophes, or foreign accents over vowels? If so, that's usually the end of your post.

It happened to newalaan2 recently.

I now type mine up in Note (I use an iPad) then copy and paste. If it disappears I don't have to re-type it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks, a447. I have removed all of the apostrophes and now repost:

Of course it is fiction, as the KK Tales have always been, but they amuse us, so why not play along, especially with this great new plot twist.

Adopting two boys 8 and 10 yrs old --- does this sound crazy? Absolutely.

First off, you will need to discuss with your 23 yr old partner, who is now undergoing delayed pubescence, how to raise children, based on your extensive parenting expertise. And remind him that ninety per cent of the burden of raising these children will fall to him since you are blind and not fluent in their language.

You are no doubt aware that Pasaa Lao and Thai are not quite the same, so to avoid misunderstandings you will have to put in some time learning the differences, and make sure the kids watch a lot of Thai TV so they will be able to meet you half way in the language exchange.

And do not forget to add the kids to your no doubt very generous life insurance policy. You will outlive your dogs but you need to think about the future of the boys. You do have such an insurance policy, do you not?

A proper international school in Vientiane? Right. First they will have to upgrade their no doubt meager academic preparation, be taught quite a bit of English and learn how to interact with all the affluent farang children at the school.

The school fees-- Figure on about 20K USD per year per child. I do not know if they accept bitcoin.

Bon Voyage. Hope they like chicken cordon bleu.
    Last edited by bobsaigon2; October 25th, 2017 at 15:03.

Liked

Perhaps one of our esteemed moderators would point to the apparent rule that prohibits "any mention of children"