Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members

Liked

New Members

Hi everyone.
    Recently this board has been subjected to new members joining and mistaking the jokes, banter or shit thrown as being a license to post absolutely anything they choose to. This has included threats, death wishes, comments directed towards real people and today repulsive comments directed towards a member who posted the best trip reports we've had all year. This can't go on. This board cannot be an open door for every crackpot, drug user or psycho to just pitch up and start posting vile insults because they feel like it. Some of the other boards that have the rules of a Victorian gaol are starting to look attractive. So I would be interested in the opinions of everyone else here. If anyone has any ideas as to how to prevent this I wold like to hear them. All opinions are, of course welcome but I am especially interested in those members who have either been here a long time, post regularly or both. This is not a thread for jokes, banter or shit. Just workable ideas.......please.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver (October 23rd, 2017)

Liked

Re: New Members

Healthy and wholesome jokes and a pinch of banter should be OK. Shit, by any means should be left outside.

Liked

OK dinagram so your workable idea is?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Really no way to prevent these unwanted posts from appearing, unless you put new posters on probation and monitor everything they submit before it is allowed to appear on the forum. But this seems rather burdensome and unlikely to fit in to the schedules of the owner/moderators of this board.

Personally, after having been threatened with a physical attack this morning, I can only suggest that the offending posters receive a warning when they start moving in a direction that is unacceptable, rather than after they have posted numerous times. Meaning closer monitoring, and that also may prove too burdensome.

Or rewrite some of the posting guidelines. As they stand now, they can be interpreted as saying “anything goes”.

Liked

Why are you asking us?

The miscreant should have had his post deleted the instant he accused Newalaan of tampering with small boys, and alongside the deletion he ought to have been "finally warned".

When he then continued posting abuse, he should have been suspended pending a discussion within the Triumvirate.

Instead you have let it drag on and on - and worst of all the unfounded allegations are still there in thread for all to see.

The entire incident has been dealt with very badly. You have been given the powers to deal with these people - use them - don't come to us for advice

Liked

We have lives Scottish and can't be sat watching the forum 24 hours a day. So your idea is instant suspension. OK. Certainly a possibility. And try and keep this thread civil please. I'm asking you because don't know how to stop it. Do you? If so then tell me, Otherwise be quiet.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

So much for modernation.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

So MFAS. What do you suggest? As your here, give us all your best ideas.

Liked

It's not a matter of watching the forum 24 hours a day - it's a matter of acting when you see grossly libelous content accusing a member of criminal acts.

Hours later the content is still there, while you bitch about it on this thread and ask for advice - WHY?

It should have been deleted immediately on discovering it - and if Moses would not have backed you (or a447) up, then the "job" is not worth having.

11. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (October 23rd, 2017)

Liked

I did act. Look at the timelines. I have things to do.