Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Member banned

Liked

Re: Member banned

You have missed the point again.

I didn't attack the moderator for a moderation decision. In fact, I went out of my way not to do so. It is in my OP at the time. It's still there for all to see.

Read those threads again. Comments were posted which made accusations against me. When I repeatedly asked for evidence of what I was supposed to have done, none was forthcoming. Therefore, I made the comments you have quoted here. I attacked him for telling lies.

(And in any case, the moderator at the time was surfcrest. So why are you, defending him? Just wondering....)

it is only the judgment of the moderators and owner that it broke the law.
    You are wrong.

A member who criticises the family will have their posting privileges withdrawn. No judgement required. The judgement was made years ago when the rules were written.

In contrast, I was banned when I did not break any of the rules. However, the ban (note the use of the word "ban", as opposed to "suspend") was made apparently after he had received complaints.

I've been pushed to ban members....so I'm banning members
    Strange that at the time you didn't question surfcrest as to whether or not the "push" had come from a certain poster "with a longstanding and personal grudge".

You were uncharacteristcally quiet at the time. No indignation expressed then.

See what I mean by "inconvenient truths"? You are very selective indeed.

Moses, as owner of the board, has told you what happened. Whether or not you believe him is up to you.

To quote someone you know very well:

You can continue this argument alone with yourself in cyberspace.

Liked

Hi Brad.
    1) Moderators can post as members whenever they choose to and that includes anything you think 'inappropriate for a moderator'. Don't like it? Tough shit, suck it up Big Boy. All three of us bring something to the party and have done for many years. Dec 31 when my tenure ends you can stick your hat in the ring and moderate to the standards you choose.
    2) The member broke the law. Fact. Look at some recent cases. But by deleting it instantly and taking action against him the board did not. Read the post in question. BIG WARNINGS were posted by myself, A447, NIrish and the OP.
    3) The leeway for freedom of speech on this board remains greater than perhaps any other public media online or in print available today. This means that if you choose to reply to this you can say pretty much anything you like and that includes anything directed towards The Stooges, as can any other member. But if you bite we'll bite you right back and not with the moderator tools which are not there as personal playthings but to protect members and the board from psychos.
    4) Please read number 2 again.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 26th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (October 26th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post

Well I do have another complaint, directed to Moses(apart from what drug was he on when he delegated to the stooges) which is that it seems as if the moderators are able to have apostrophes and ellipses in their posts, see both moderator posts above, a privilege which is currently denied to us mere posters, as I now know from bitter experience. I had read about the problem elsewhere, but seeing them used in previous posts assumed that the issue had been addressed.
    that's crazy conclusion... "problem with apostrophes" is linked to iPhone users and may be users of Aplle tablets who has last iOS... users of Android phones have no such problems as well as users of computers...

also reminder: board rules not allow to discuss cases of moderation on public... it is last warning before infraction for rule violation
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Whoever has been banned needs t be brought back immediately!!!!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I attacked him for telling lies.
    You were banned for falsely calling me a liar and now I see you are still slipping this in to conversations I'm not even a part of.

Brad the Impala has provided a wealth of information to the Board over the years I owned it and the many years prior to that. I've been here longer than all of you put together and Brad was here before me. Irrespective of who's posting what on this Board at any time, you need the experienced old geezers like me and Smiles to remember yesteryear, to take newbies by the hand and lead them into the gentle garden of SGT and to call bullshit when we see it.

Hopefully, you'll be able to solve these same problems I faced, now that they're directed to you instead of coming from you.

I think you're all doing a marvelous job and on a completely separate note.....a447, if you wrongly bring up the past again...I will bring all those threads back up and make you look like the asshole you are.

Surfcrest

7. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (October 26th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Scottish wrote.
    " Heartening to see your now a legal expert, Len - as well as knowing every other fucking thing. How do you manage it I wonder."

Well with regard to the specific law in question, everyone is an expert because everyone knows it. Don't they?

On a personal note I hope that you, like Hilary Clinton can one day get over being denied the job you felt was yours by right. The board sympathises with your disappointment and believes that you can find some comfort in remaining a worthwhile, albeit junior, member.
    Please feel free to drop in any time you're passing.
    Come on Arsenal, I would think you as a Moderator would be the last member to start a pissing match with another member. Please express your thoughts to Scottish by PM.

9. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (October 26th, 2017)

Liked

GWMUS. Suggestion noted. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. However, if you have time to spare I suggest you offer condolences to Scottish who has hankered after the role of moderator for years only to be denied (AGAIN) at the last hurdle.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Getting a bit risky to read this thread. When I opened this page I was, very fortunately, wearing my anti-wasp/hornet outfit. No wonder the insurance companies refuse coverage to board owners/moderators.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 26th, 2017), arsenal (October 26th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    You were banned for falsely calling me a liar...
    I called you a liar because you made allegations against me. When I asked you over and over again to provide evidence, you refused to do so.

So yes, you lied.

And what rule provides for suspension of posting rights for calling someone a liar?

Surely there would be a similar penalty for calling someone an "asshole" wouldn't there??

. a447, if you wrongly bring up the past again...I will bring all those threads back up and make you look like the asshole you are.
    How can the past be brought up "wrongly" when they are your own words being quoted from the past?

Feel free to bring up anything you want to in order to show I'm "an asshole."

But I'll only answer of you mention all the assholes, including any who try to sabotage the board.

Liked

Be reasonable a447 - there isn't enough time left to live for Surfy to mention all the arseholes on this board

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 26th, 2017), catawampuscat (October 26th, 2017)