List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Recent Thailand trip Bkk/Pattaya/Phuket/Issan notes.

Liked

Re: Recent Thailand trip Bkk/Pattaya/Phuket/Issan notes.

For a lovely meal in a restaurant with a Thai boy where he won't feel out of place but still has sumptious surroundings you won't beat The Glasshouse.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Up2U (October 25th, 2017)

Liked

Fuji, MK, Oishi, Sizzler (!!) and any restaurant that serves steak are all popular with my guys.

I wouldn't dream of taking a guy to a 5 star restaurant, as he'd be like a fish out of water.

I always let the boy choose the restaurant. Allowing them to make the decision helps to even out the power balance between us, albeit in a small way. For the same reason I also like to slip the money under the table to the boy and let him pay the bill and leave a tip.

We always have heaps to talk about. None of this sitting together in silence over our meal. That would be very uncomfortable.

Liked

a447, do you really think slipping your young companion money under the table leads anyone to think he is really paying and tipping for the meal? I think you may be embarrassing him rather than making him feel important.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Diec View Post
    a447, do you really think slipping your young companion money under the table leads anyone to think he is really paying and tipping for the meal? I think you may be embarrassing him rather than making him feel important.
    No, not at all. Nobody would think that.

But it's not about making anyone feel important. It's more about handing over a bit of responsibility. I don't stand next to them at the counter when they pay.
    And I never have to check the change.

When I first did it years ago, I got a "thank you " and a hug from the boy on the way back to the hotel. He loved the idea.

I only do it with my regular guy in Pattaya and one in Bangkok. If it's an off from a bar, then I'd course I wouldn't do that.

I also give them money to buy stuff for us in 7/11. I'm sure the person behind the counter knows where the money comes from.

I've known these two guys for years. I would never do anything to embarrass them. And I can assure you, if they felt that way they would tell me.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

ggobob (October 26th, 2017), GWMinUS (October 28th, 2017)

Liked

If you want to hand out some responsibility, how about have your guy pay for dinner with his own money?

I understand you want your companion to feel on somewhat of a level playing field with you, but slipping money under the table is not a way to do that.

Liked

If you really want to act out this charade. Give him the money in advance and tell him to order for you both while staying within the budget. He must know what you do and don't like. If everything he orders is to his taste and nothing to yours (Thai restaurant) then you know exactly what sort of person he is.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Diec View Post
    If you want to hand out some responsibility, how about have your guy pay for dinner with his own money?
    He couldn't afford to pay at the restaurants he chooses. That's why he chooses them.

I understand you want your companion to feel on somewhat of a level playing field with you, but slipping money under the table is not a way to do that.
    No, he will never get anywhere near a level playing field with me - or probably any other farang he goes with. He's not even close to getting onto the field. We are both aware of that. So no matter how much money I slip to him, he'll never reach my level.

The boys like the idea. That's all that's important to me.

Arsenal wrote:

Give him the money in advance and tell him to order for you both while staying within the budget.
    Yes, we've done that too, although there is no budget as such. They know exactly what I like, and I'm very, very fussy.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 26th, 2017), ggobob (October 26th, 2017), llz (October 27th, 2017)