List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Recent Thailand trip Bkk/Pattaya/Phuket/Issan notes.

Liked

Re: Recent Thailand trip Bkk/Pattaya/Phuket/Issan notes.

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    I came to Thailand when I was in my early 50's and that's about 12 years ago.
    I have to tell y'all that my sex life improved every single year since then.
    This was & is a total surprise to me.
    And it was not always about money which surprises me even more.
    I have NO NEED Whatsoever to join the "ingroup" gay club scene when I can wine and dine far more handsome boys in my condo or hotel room than I would ever meet in these Trendy Faggot Discos.
    Roll on 2018.
    I have absolutely NO NEED either. NEED doesn't come into it. It's just one of the many things in Thailand not available back in Farangland which I PREFER to CHOOSE to do when in Thailand. While I do visit music venues back home they are different so I enjoy visiting the clubs, music venues all over Thailand because many of the places encompass what I (that is ME as opposed to bf, friends and you) like to do in my holiday/spare time.

And of course there are probably numerically FAR FAR MORE, probably FAR FAR MORE handsome boys there than can found 'wining and dining' in your condo. But just as well you don't visit 'Trendy Faggot discos' to pick up all those far more handsome boys as you clearly don't understand what they are really about. If by Trendy Faggot Discos you mean the 'ordinary' clubs and music venues we are actually discussing here, they are not really places solely to pick-up/meet far more handsome boys, they are places to simply have fun and enjoy the atmosphere/music, if you do happen to meet someone, all well and good but that is not really their purpose to Thais. They are places to let loose, wind-down, relax and enjoy.

But if you don't even understand what they are or their purpose then I agree, don't waste your time going there because as you say why would you even bother if all those far more handsome boys are already sitting at your dining table, napkin all tucked-in waiting for all that 'wine and dine', sounds far too exciting for me to handle on my holidays anyway so I'll just stick with the clubs and music venues. I can do the wine/dine thing to my hearts content back in Farangland, Thailand offers up some things different to that for me, so yes I agree.....role on 2018 as I'm already booked for a month in February.

By the way MFAS, i'm pretty sure that's a 'Tom' pount as in 'female lesbian' pout as opposed to boy/femme boy pout, but of course I could be wrong as you are somewhat of an expert in these 'pout' things.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (October 25th, 2017), francois (October 24th, 2017), joe552 (October 24th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    .....handsome boys are already sitting at your dining table, napkin all tucked-in waiting for all that 'wine and dine' .
    Yeah because we all know just HOW much the average Thai guy "genuinely" enjoys sitting at a formal table playing being a stuffy farang. Especially when they know that they could be out having fun and a genuinely good time with their friends or other like minded Farang somewhere that they feel more at ease.

So, yep, good luck with the napkins at the table thing. I've sat at too many of those tables with stogie old farang who think they are being generous treating their Thai BF to a special night out ( or worse still forcing their Thai BF to endure the night so that the Farang enjoys himself !). Meanwhile all the Thai boy and I are actually doing is waiting on the boring old fart to go to bed early after his large night cap of port so that we can both go out and have some REAL fun elsewhere.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (October 24th, 2017), Patanawet (October 25th, 2017)

Liked

I have to agree with the last couple of posts. The guys we interact with are uncomfortable in such places, and prefer to eat on the street. That's why I've given my friend the option to choose where we eat for his special dinnerl
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 25th, 2017), Patanawet (October 25th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    I have to agree with the last couple of posts. The guys we interact with are uncomfortable in such places, and prefer to eat on the street. That's why I've given my friend the option to choose where we eat for his special dinnerl
    It is generally a nightmare taking a Thai boy to a good restaurant. They will be late and often say sorry but I not hungry......I often see falangs eating with boys and hardly a word is exchanged.....afterall you have zero in common.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

8. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (October 25th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think the "fine dining" that is most appreciated by our friends would be MK, or if they are slightly more sophisticated, maybe Fuji. Or that chain of Issan type food restaurants -- name escapes me at the moment -- Yam seb? Anyway, the point is that the guys are not going to feel comfortable unless most of the other diners are Thai, eating Thai food.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    It is generally a nightmare taking a Thai boy to a good restaurant. They will be late and often say sorry but I not hungry......I often see falangs eating with boys and hardly a word is exchanged.....afterall you have zero in common.
    You have LIFE in common, well perhaps not you.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    I often see falangs eating with boys and hardly a word is exchanged.....afterall you have zero in common.
    What???? ZERO in common? Do you mean YOU have zero in common with thai boys? for goodness sake MFAS what kind of a sheltered life have you led in Thailand that you can't exchange many words all the time with a Thai boy? Apart from the limitations of staying permanently in Pattaya that is. If bf and I do eat out together it takes ages to get through a meal as we talk continuously. True that we use it as our 'catch up time' for what has been 'going-on' and plans for the rest of the day/evening/night/tomorrow. We talk everyday on messenger when back home as well as phone calls. There is so much going-on and so much in common. If one of bfs friends is with us, any one of us getting in more than a few words at a time is actually a challenge.

Not sure why you think farangs and Thais have 'zero' in common. That's an absurd notion in my book.

12. 4 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 25th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (October 25th, 2017), joe552 (October 25th, 2017), Smiles (October 25th, 2017)

Liked

newalaan, I think your experience is a bit different from us genuine sex tourists who don't have a regular boyfriend, but I agree with the rest of your post. I once took a couple of boys to Ruan Thai on 2nd Road. They may have been the only Thais in the restaurant. Cost a fortune, and they didn't enjoy it. My fault and a lesson learned. Now, I ask who ever I'm with if he's hungry (they usually are) and he says he'll to get some street food. Or occasionally, go to a restaurant where he feels comfortable. You have to learn to adapt.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    I think the "fine dining" that is most appreciated by our friends would be MK, or if they are slightly more sophisticated, maybe Fuji. Or that chain of Issan type food restaurants -- name escapes me at the moment -- Yam seb? Anyway, the point is that the guys are not going to feel comfortable unless most of the other diners are Thai, eating Thai food.
    The chain you may be referring to is "Yum Saap", inexpensive and bf likes it.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Those of which I am one that prefer "Man-Boys" to gay twinks will find that most experiences are different from the bars and go go bars we frequent to most other things.

16. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (October 25th, 2017)