FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: The soap opera has begun!

Liked

Re: The soap opera has begun!

If you say so Scottish.

Liked

Well if you hadn't spent days/weeks disparaging a role you strongly implied you would never take - only to then grab the same role with both hands, then I might feel less compelled to bait you over it.

Liked

Any and all advice that you, as a former mod with all that experience can give is gratefully received.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I really wish the mods would FUCK UP about being Mod's. No one cares, do the job we all need you to do, in the background quietly and calmly, as Smiles says, be seen and not heard, the less you post as "mods" and the more you post as yourselves the better. Perhaps select the Mod tag when that's who you're talking as and your own personal tag when that suits too - but for a temporary Mod of a board that discusses mainly prostitutes and all other things Thailand its all a bit laughable to take things too seriously anyway.

So lets get over it guys, as whilst Moses may have appointed you ( set you up? ) to suit his own ends ( as he couldn't be fucked doing the job) lets try to not let it go to one's head eh. Its disappointing ( albetit was fairly predictable) that we're even having to having this conversation so soon.

PS Christian you're still a TWAT for thinking being a temporary moderator gave you the right to edit anyone's post for spelling or grammar ! What a dick. Get over yourself.

So, lets hope we dont now need a Moderator to moderate the Moderators ! I'm now sure the board's funds couldn't afford FOUR ( unpaid) posts as as that ! But guys lets now make the early days fatal moderator mistake of getting too far up your own assholes gents, that position is only possible with the tactic acceptance of the membership remember. Yes Moses may appoint his temporary moderators but with no members here you'd have nothing and no one to moderate of course, so lets keep some perspective re all that perhaps before things all go a little bit Nealesque and silly again.

PS Christian - did I mention - you're a dick !?
    Last edited by Nirish guy; October 23rd, 2017 at 15:39.

Liked

Damned if you do darned if you don't. I'm sure you'll take your turn NIrish.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Damned if you do darned if you don't. I'm sure you'll take your turn NIrish.
    No thanks, was already offered and turned it down once -oh, no, twice actually now that I think of it ! That was enough thanks, I come here for fun and a laugh thanks and can do with out the hassle.

But hey, I've no issue with one of us poor buggers having to do it or taking turns at it or whatever. and in general I think our Mod's ( Christian excluded as you've been a non runner from the start IMHO) have done a reasonable enough job,

To me the whole Mod role doesn't need to be a big thing or one waved in anyone else's face, it's just merely someone in the background watching out for the Lese Majesty stuff, the underage stuff and new ( or old ) posters general being dicks and trying to wreck the board, but aside from that there shouldn't be a whole lot of need for a mod here (which is a good thing) as we seemed to have managed quite well up to now without one of late.

Also as our 3 current volunteers are all active and useful posters ( albeit Christian, you are unfortunately this week a total dick to me so I'm taking you off that list for now ! ) it would be sad to see them getting caught up in thinking they have to stop being normal posters, but instead decide to post always as "moderators" as in my mind the two things are totally separate and to me there's no real need for that here.

This board has always thrived on it's lack or light touch of moderation and always should IHMO. Mod's should cover the basics re basic legality and watching out for the site wrecking stuff etc on behalf of all the members here but for the rest of the posts just kick back and let the chips fall where they may I think.
    Last edited by Nirish guy; October 23rd, 2017 at 16:11.

Liked

I told Jinks (RIP) that being a moderator and an active poster means an inherent clash and so it has proved. Fortunately my 3 month tenure will end on December 31 and someone else can 'enjoy' the privilege.

Liked

The title of this thread becomes more apt by the day.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 23rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

For the record Arsenal I'm not saying that you or A447 have done a bad job in your tenure. You've been the first guys to take on this "rolling role" I do accept that it's a poison chalice for whoever takes it, hence my view that the less said by ANY Mod the better. I supported your collective decisions just a few days ago very publicly re the temporary banning of a member for the continued Lese Maj stuff and aside from that I think you've all been quite tempered in general - albeit your inability NOT to goad SG has gotten the better of you at times :-) but I think most times that was taken by all in the spirit it was meant ( I think.)

Christian - you to me wiped out your right to hold any moderator privileges by abusing them as you did with your "post edited for spelling and grammar" bullshit as you just couldn't help yourself could you - you sad case.
    Last edited by Nirish guy; October 23rd, 2017 at 16:32.

Liked

Thanks for the clarification, Nirish. I was about to post comments that would mean I'd have to ban myself!

If Mickp and samebb hadn't turned up unannounced, and frequent had not made a comment about you-know-who, there would not have been any moderation at all. Life as we know it here would have gone on. It's hardly our fault that all this happened at once.

I didn't volunteer for this job. I came home after a night out, logged on and suddenly found I'd been appointed a moderator, WTF?? Have I had too much to drink??

I saw it as Moses' way of telling me to put up or shut up. So I decided I would put up.

Unfortunately, because everything seems to have happened at once, I've been suddenly visible in my role.

But from the time I was "appointed" right up until very recently, I have not posted anything as a moderator. I wrongly assumed that nothing untoward would happen on the forum and that I would not have to do anything.