Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Most Unusual Funeral

Liked

Re: A Most Unusual Funeral

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    For answers to all these questions seek out anyone who has a condo on the beach side of 'Center Condo' especially on floors 10 up cos they occupy the Chimney's smoke and ash zone.
    I know a guy who leaves his cornflakes in a bowl on the balcony on cremation days to spice it up, provided the wind is right.
    Interesting!

Wouldn't pigeons and other birds attack the bowl of cornflakes left outside on balcony, and ruin his cornflake feast?

Liked

So it seems Centre Condo is a win win, you can buy cheapest bologna at Friendship supermarket, walk home, set the table on your balcony, and if the wind is right, the smell recepticles in your nose tell your brain that you are attending a wonderful barbeque! All while you're feasting on a 79 baht bologna sandwich.

Think of the savings of not having to buy pork, and all the crap needed for barbecue! Can't beat that!

Liked

It might depend on the diet of the person being cremated. For example a Norwegian might give off a pleasantly pickled fish aroma whereas an Irishman might leave you wanting a bowl of hotpot.

Liked

I don't think hotpot is a common dish in Ireland. Do you mean Irish Stew? My only knowledge of hotpot is the one which was a staple at the Rover's Return on Corrie (was it Betty's hotpot?)
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

I thought I deleted this post about the cornflakes.
    The guy whose penchant is this reads posts here and I'm the only 'other' that knows.
    Sorry Jock, you know I'm joking.

Liked

Meat and potatoes Joe. That is all hotpot is and I'm pretty certain that's the only dish available to eat in Ireland. Or have I been misinformed?

Liked

A new low has been reached and I didn't that was possible.But on this forum the limit for low-brow posts is, indeed, low.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (October 19th, 2017), Dalewood (October 21st, 2017), whitemouse (October 20th, 2017)

Liked

Just bury the corpses at sea. That should solve the aromas issue. The sea creatures will be rejoicing.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just to set the record straight, there are no cremation parties in Thailand, and probably not in any other countries, so post #30 is likely the result of a decidedly ulterior motive.

Liked

I attended a cremation party in Bali some years ago. A young man killed in a traffic accident. A gas burner under the timber kept things burning while the friends and relatives had a picnic. Not a somber occasion. The younger ones frolicking on the sand or swimming.
    I didn't go close to the fire and I wasn't aware of any particular aroma.