Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking on the beach.

Liked

Re: Smoking on the beach.

Diagram wrote.
    "Smokers should learn to carry their butts in an appropriate receptacle to be disposed off properly."

Do you mean like the fat German oap who carries his butt in a thong?
    😃😎😃

Liked

Ah feck it, I just won't bother going on the beach. No big deal. The Beer Garden gives me enough sea views.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    So if I'm sitting on the beach with a beer, what do you suggest I do with my cigarette butt, if there's no ashtray provided?
    As already mentioned I'm sure many non smokers could give you a few suggestions re that - but seriously though that's a MAD question Joe, I mean would you ask the same about litter - i.e if there's no bin handy what would you suggest I do with my litter - why you'd KEEP it of course until you found a bin, same as YOUR butt, you wouldn't should take care of THAT too as it is YOUR rubbish, why would you even think that it would be someone else's problem to suggest to you what you should do with your butts !?

You are right of course that if the vendor is aware people wish to smoke then it miight be a good idea of him to provide ashtrays, but if not then the LEAST you could do would be to throw your butt in a bin or something and not just throw it away or try to secretly bury it in the sand for the next ussuspecting soul to walk over in their bare feet - and all because you decided you wanted a smoke and to hell with everyone else.

Tell me do you still eat chewing gum ? And if so when finished and if you can't see a bin to wrap it and chuck it into do you just stick that underneath your seat / table too as hey it's not YOUR fault that there's no bins there ?

You SEE, it's questions like "so what would you have me do with MY butt" that starts to make me think that maybe the Goverments one year jail time suggestion maybe wasn't such a crazy idea after all !! :-)

Liked

I'm a smoker, in both senses of the word, and while I rarely sit on the beach I have wondered why they don't provide ashtrays if you're having a beer or some food.
    So if I'm sitting on the beach with a beer, what do you suggest I do with my cigarette butt, if there's no ashtray provided?
    Ashtrays have always been provided on the Dongtan beach and yesterday there was no change in that policy. Two sat in front of me, lit up and that was my que to leave.

5. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 12th, 2017)

Liked

I thought that they were going to set up smoking areas just away from the beach.

Liked

Ok, I give in. I won't go to the beach again. Just sit in the Beer Garden. They provide ashtrays.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Vendors are no longer allowed to sell alcohol...haha

Liked

I can be a bit dense sometimes, gerefan, but is that actually true? What's the fucking point of going to the beach if you can't have a beer, and now you can't have a cigarette? Or was it just a joke?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As some of u may have noticed Im no shrinking violet...anyone irrespective of size or ethnicity daring to smoke in such a manner that affects me...pet hate is when the breeze blows a steady stream of smoke over me .... gets an earful...and Im not polite about it either. To date 100% success rate.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No joke Joe. New rules being introduced for vendors, together with newly allocated areas coming in soon. Was mentioned in a thread on here or one of the other boards recently. Think you can take your own.

Did you know beach closed one day per week for cleaning?? It's either Weds or Thurs, forget which.