Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking on the beach.

Liked

Smoking on the beach.

Not that smoking, the cigarette one. If this doesn't get described as 'another nail in the coffin' then I shall want to know the reason why.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/deta...gnews/30328928

Liked

Re: Smoking on the beach.

I'm a smoker, in both senses of the word, and while I rarely sit on the beach I have wondered why they don't provide ashtrays if you're having a beer or some food.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    I have wondered why they don't provide ashtrays if you're having a beer or some food.
    Perhaps it's their way of telling you they don't want you to smoke there.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

smokers are disgusting. Worse than pigs. Fucking ash and butts all over the place. A pox on them.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Halfhansum (October 12th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Have to admit it is gross ( and very common) to be sitting on the beach in pattaya and step off your bed only to tramp on one or more cigarette butts as most smokers seem to believe that if they bury their finished butts under a 1mm layer of sand that that it's gone and done with - unfortunately that's rarely the case of course.

So, if smokers would perhaps take more care then perhaps non smokers wouldn't get so pissed with them. ( Apologies in advance to all those considerate smokers who DO try not to inflict their choices on others, but alas they appear to be in the minority these days)

Mind you typical Thailand - whilst I dont disagree with some form of penalty ( small 1000 baht on the spot fine perhaps?) but to suggest that throwing a cigarette butt on the beach could incur up to a year in jail is of course just ludicrous and actually rather than enforcing the point on the new law i.e it's to encourage people to be thoughtful about others and the environment etc it actually just takes away from the whole thing and makes it sound just a little bit ridiculous as of COURSE no one is going to jail for a year for that - are they !??

Mind you being Thailand that is likely designed just more to give the Police a bigger bargaining position on site for when THEY are trying to extract their unofficial on the spot fines from the smoker as they threaten them with their one year jail sentence - how very considerate of the Government !

Liked

So if I'm sitting on the beach with a beer, what do you suggest I do with my cigarette butt, if there's no ashtray provided?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Next suggestion for the hit list: the inconsiderate oafs who take a boom box to the beach and inflict their taste in music very loudly on everyone else.

When three Russians did that in January, another farang eventually remonstrated vigorously with them - to a big round of applause from the rest of us. That kept the offenders quiet until five minutes before they left when they ostentatiously turned the volume up to maximum just to make a final point. They didn't, however, return the next day.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Halfhansum (October 12th, 2017), Surfcrest (October 13th, 2017)

Liked

Only marginally less annoying than breeders who inflict their screaming brats on all and sundry whether on planes or beaches or in restaurants or even bars in the UK

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    So if I'm sitting on the beach with a beer, what do you suggest I do with my cigarette butt, if there's no ashtray provided?
    I'm sure any non-smoker sitting nearby will tell you where to put it!

Lol

12. User who gave Like to post:

Halfhansum (October 12th, 2017)

Liked

Smokers should learn to carry their butts in an appropriate receptacle to be disposed off properly. The Japanese in general bring their litter home when a litter bin is not at their disposal.