Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The terror of shopping

Liked

Re: The terror of shopping

Tortuous and torturous both.
    I don't do it much anymore. I have one or two old flames that I help out and that's because they're not the greedy type.
    My situation is now one of "buyer's regret" when I recall all the stuff I showered on little shits like Lek.
    (Lek is real but also eponymous as, no doubt, you all know one.)

Liked

I seem to be the odd man out here, as I Love shopping!

I've been on the occasional shopping trip with my regular guys in LOS and I really enjoy seeing how happy they are when let loose in a shopping mall. It is always me who suggests we go. They don't take advantage of my generosity - they don't ask for iPhones, gold chains or Rolex watches (not much chance of that), just everyday items like jeans, shoes, etc and, of course, lots of hair products. We then go back to the hotel and the fun continues as they unwrap everything.

And a couple of years ago I took an Aussie friend, who was going through a difficult time, to Japan, where retail therapy is the national pastime. I took him on a mini shopping spree in Tokyo. I joined in and we both had a great day out. As a fellow shopaholic, he was amazed at what was available to buy in Tokyo.

Seeing a guy's eyes light up when we enter the shopping mall makes it great value for money for me.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...cheaper to rent by the hour...far far cheaper...keeps then eager to please...no complacency or sense of entitlement...and the variety is endless.

Liked

When I bought the motorbike for Papa, I was in full time employment. I could afford it. Now a pair of trainers for my current friend is my limit. I kind of envy you guys with endless money - some of us don'tl
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Halfhansum (October 12th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    There's nothing that sickens me more that bringing a Thai shopping.
    You a mean a Thai friend taking you along shopping to pay for his shopping?

I try to avoid that as well, for various reasons: utterly boring, waste of time and money. I rather give him a reasonable amount of money to do the shopping himself (after sexual activities).

Have to watch out for those who want to meet for first date at a mall or market. While malls are a convenient place (aircon, can walk around a bit to spend the usually inevitable waiting time for my date) to meet, make clear that we don't start the date with me buying stuff for him.

One spectacular case (boy fishing for an iPhone before we even had sex) is here:
    Dating Thai boys (13) He wants an iPhone
    https://christianpfc.blogspot.de/201...phone.html?m=0

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    My old man never goes shopping, doesn't care for malls (though he likes the food courts) and hardly ever buys anything for himself. Granted, he has an enormous closet ~ as I do ~ which has built itself over the last few years, but in the last 6 or 7 years he keeps telling me he's got enough in there to get lost in, or die. His underwear drawer spills over if not closed properly and his number of shirts would choke a fleet of hippopotimae.
    Besides the volume . . . he's also a criminally sticky-shit and would chase a single satang coin for blocks if he noticed one rolling down the street. All this of course means we hardly ever go to a mall together, except to the movies.
    Wonderful, I'm falling in love! Are there more like him around?

Liked

Once again I find myself in agreement with Poxypoos Latin and this has got to stop. Why the fuck are you all going shopping with a Thai boy. Have you not got anything better to do with your time?

Liked

Just for clarity, the motorbike was 2nd hand and cost a couple of hundred Euros (makes my eyes bleed, typing that). Ah, the world was a different place then. I'll be sure to ask him if his Papa still has the motorbike.

But then again, if current Best Friend hears I once bought a motorbike, he might not be content with just a pair of trainers. It's all getting a bit much, to be honest.

Liked

Joe wrote.
    " It's all getting a bit much, to be honest."

For us all Joe!

Liked

Ah, don't be like that, arsenal, I read your shite after all.

Liked

There is a difference between a Thai guy taking you to a shopping mall, and you inviting him to go.

If a guy suggests we go shopping, the answer is a definite no!

12. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (October 12th, 2017)