Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: India

Liked

India

I just did a search on India on this forum and couldn't find any recent information.

A quick peak at plane ticket prices shows that there are tickets for 100 Euros available to Kolkata. Can anyone tell me about the scene there? Here are a few questions I have:

Is renting an Airbnb a good idea?
    Is there an obvious gay scene in an other city, which makes it a better option than Kolkata?
    Are there bars, massage, whore houses?
    Do you do your thing at the location or bring the boys home?
    Pick up guys from cruise areas?
    Should I go midweeks or weekends?

If you have an answer to any of these questions I love to hear from you.

According to friends (straight, so not much help with the gay scene) most of their groups got sick from the local cuisine. Any tips regarding were to eat would be great too.

Thanks in advance guys!

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 24th, 2017)

Liked

Re: India

I was in Goa about 2 years ago for 2 weeks.

Action is very much available on Hornet and Grindr. But I found no action while just walking, and just wondering around, There are no cruising areas at least not in the area I stayed.

Indian men make eye contact, but thats all it, an eye contact, probably simply curiosity on their part. Overall the men are not good looking, it seemed everyone over 20 is over weight. The street scene is ugly, you hardly see an attractive Indian male. Teenagers are handsome, but when they reach 20s something happens to them, most become unattractive.

Nightlife is nearly non existant where I was, everything closes early. Indians drink, there are bars, but they are dark little roadside holes, not exactly inviting.

There is stench in the air almost everywhere you go, you get quickly used to it thought.

Beaches are dirty, not the water, but the sand. Garbage everywhere.
    Food is very cheap, everything is cheap.

I won't be going back, and every friend of mine who's been to India says they'll never visit again. Last year two of my good friends who always come to Thailand around New Years time decided to skip Thailand, and went to India instead. They lasted there exactly 2 days lol. On day 2 they went to airport, and came to Pattaya.

But Indian is huge, maybe Goa is an exception, and there are nicer places there.

Indians are homophobic, I think gay sex is even against the law, there was a discussion in India whether to decriminalize it.

Beautiful nature, and unlike every other place I've been, but mostly not in a good way.

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 24th, 2017), Khor tose (October 6th, 2017), vnman (October 3rd, 2017)

Liked

After spending a couple of hours on google, I have read nothing that contradicts your experiences.

I'm afraid that it would be a waste of time and money. Hardly any info to find online, and what I find is mostly negative. I do think I'll give it a miss.

Liked

we will be travelling to Delhi first week in november ,there seems to be many avilable boys on gayromeo,and yes most charge bits lots of availability and charges simular to thailand. will let you know how it goes there,will be our first trip in india

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Moses (October 6th, 2017), Nirish guy (October 5th, 2017), vnman (October 5th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by whitemouse View Post
    Teenagers are handsome, .
    All the negatives aside you'd of thought that the above one line would still make it a suitable location for several board members.......( I do mean full legal teenagers there by the way and hopefully they would too !)

Edit.......hmmm although on a point of order to myself IF gay sex is still Illegal in India ? then that I guess means that there is no such THING as a fully legal male teenager in India I guess !? :-(

Markie1 Do please remember to post that trip report as I too have always thought of and fancied the idea of India as as already mentioned some of the 20 something guys ARE hot ( and yes until older and then not so much it seems - thank god that doesn't happen us white guy eh ! :-) - but allso as it says above the "idea" always appealed to me until I started doing even the most basic research and then the place did start to come across as a shit hole where you couldn't spend a few days without getting the shits and coming down with some almost fatal tummy bugs ! So, I look forward to reading your thoughts and impressions of the place from one of our own as it were.

9. User who gave Like to post:

markie1 (October 8th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by markie1 View Post
    we will be travelling to Delhi first week in november ,there seems to be many avilable boys on gayromeo,and yes most charge bits lots of availability and charges simular to thailand. will let you know how it goes there,will be our first trip in india
    BYO deodorant spray and make sure you have a working shower at all times. Cardinal Wolsey among others would spike an orange with cloves and carry it near his nose to mask the smell of the poor of his time; you may find the need for something similar in India. My lasting memory of India was the waiter at breakfast lifting his arm to set our meal down on the table and giving us unfettered access to the smell of BO from his armpit

Liked

I never had much interest in visiting India. My grandfather served in the British Army up in Rawalpindi (which is now in Pakistan) for a couple of years around 1907/08. I have a couple of photos of him from that time, and thought I might make a trip, just to pay respect to him. But the more of the region I read about, the less inclined I am to visit. There was a BBC TV show which took half a dozen "celebrities" to India for a month, to see if it would be a viable retirement option. While daily life seemed cheap, the actual reality looked uninviting.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    BYO deodorant spray and make sure you have a working shower at all times. Cardinal Wolsey among others would spike an orange with cloves and carry it near his nose to mask the smell of the poor of his time; you may find the need for something similar in India. My lasting memory of India was the waiter at breakfast lifting his arm to set our meal down on the table and giving us unfettered access to the smell of BO from his armpit
    Wolsey might have called it a nose gay.
    I wonder what he would have called himself - a bottom gay maybe?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    All the negatives aside you'd of thought that the above one line would still make it a suitable location for several board members.......( I do mean full legal teenagers there by the way and hopefully they..
    Nirish, I posted my impressions about India.

I don't know what board members here expect.

Nirish, instead of whining, go to India, and share your thoughts about it, just like I did.

Try not to be a cunt, if at all possible. Write a better synopsis of your 2 weeks in Goa. Or at a very least, don't be a douche to me for sharing my experience in India here, at Sawadtee, old, miserable cunt. Ok?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    All the negatives aside..

Edit.......hmmm although on a point of order to myself IF gay sex is still Illegal in India
    You are senile old bat, you must forgive me if my impressions of India are confusing to you., and if I didn't elaborate on teenagers of India. I like guys over 25.
    I don't have every 82 year old here on my mind, when describing my India trip. You like teens, go visit boards that specialize in that sort of thing! And don't be a douche, read what I wrote, if it isn't enough, seek further info! But don't be a douchebag!

Don't take your teenage fantasies out on me here, my India impressions are honest observations about adult gay men. For info that you seem to seek, look elsewhere, Nirish!

Douchebag!