List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The characters of Pattata where are they now?

Liked

The characters of Pattata where are they now?

They all seem to be dying out now whether they be Farang or Thai but for all if you who have been travelling to Thailand year after year months after months sometimes you see the same characters time and time again.

You might never ever speak to them in all those years but you remember them as you pass them.

Then suddenly years later they're gone.

I was quite surprised to see a overweight guy with a raccoon on his head still going Sunee Plaza after 15 years visiting, he seems to be the last of the last.I thought he would of been the first of the first actually

What about Bernard??- use to be a tall skinny pommy guy aged in his 60's named Bernard who lived in the Marina? Years ago , maybe his dead ? Use to plsy pool at the Come in bar

The owners of the Come in bar-Forget his name but the former French owner of the Come in Bar , he left Sunee a few years ago to go to Cambodia, seems things didnt work out and now he is back in France selling Fire and Safety equipment for a big Company

Top man Michael ?-- Michael used to own the Top Man GO GO in its heyday , went back to the UK in about 2007 , came to Thailand back in April 2016 for a short visit but am told he didnt like the new look and went back to the UK,author of a Gay history book about Boyztown

Krazy Dragn Go Go?no idea what happened to the former owners ?
    Didnt one have a bar near the sunee Marina hitel called Sammy's???
    He was a goodlooking farang looked a bit like Michael Caine

Bondi Cafe guesthouse-- i often wonder what happened to the former owners of this cafe guesthouse which was situated on the jomtien gay beach.

The site was a goldmine and i even thought about snapping it up to open a fish n chip shop.

Seems the owners left in a hurry from this great guesthouse they ran for many years and there are conflicting stories? Never heard of again, was it COlin & Malcolm?

Crazy Pub Sunee plaza--- this was a great bar in its heyday , just like the name said it was Crazy be crazy , I remember the friendly German owner , unfortunately a few years ago German Police came knocking on his bar door with a free one way ticket back to Berlin, never to be seen again?

Balkans bar -- what happened to the big bear guy who ran the old Balkans bar and i think the banana bar in Sunee plaza for awhile, he was a big guy with a beard and always had his elderly Mom visiting

Last edited by Mickp; October 1st, 2017 at 13:49.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: The characters of Pattata where are they now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickp View Post

You might never ever speak to them in all those years but you remember them as you pass them.

Then suddenly years later they're gone.

I was quite surprised to see a overweight guy with a raccoon on his head still going Sunee Plaza after 15 years visiting, he seems to be the last of the last.I thought he would of been the first of the first

Krazy Dragn Go Go?no idea what happened to the former owners ?

Bondi Cafe guesthouse-- i often wonder what happened to the former owners of this cafe guesthouse which was situated on the jomtien gay beach.

The site was a goldmine and i even thought about snapping it up to open a fish n chip shop.

Seems the owners left in a hurry from this great guesthouse they ran for many years and there are conflicting stories? Never heard of again, was it COlin & Malcolm?

Crazy Pub Sunee plaza--- this was a great bar in its heyday , just like the name said it was Crazy be crazy , I remember the friendly German owner , unfortunately a few years ago German Police came knocking on his bar door with a free one way ticket back to Berlin, never to be seen again?
    The guy with the racoon is a Sunee fixture he leads a group of socially lost falangs formally known as the Barmy Army.

Original owner of Crazy Dragon died years back had a big turnout at his funeral some will do anything for a free meal.
    Second owner with the username Dragon Master was a fat moron new nothing about the bar business, the third were a group of eastern euopeans that new less than Dragonmaster.
    Crazy Pub skinny german was aquitted, saw him 3 weeks ago @ a bar in Cambodia.
    Last edited by Manforallseasons; October 1st, 2017 at 14:27.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    The guy with the racoon is a Sunee fixture he leads a group of socially lost falangs formally known as the Barmy Army...
    I find these cliques hard to keep up with - is this modern day Davy Crockett also the Right Worshipful Meatloaf Master?

Liked

Krazy Dragon GO GO

Yes if i recall he was Belgium ? German ? Guy named Peter , RIP, used to see him screaming sround on his big mother motorbike around Sunee in its heyday complete with Dragon motif on his leather jacket

Had a heart attack at Sammys Bar in Sunee Plaza must of been around 2007ish , i believe he was around 48 yo

Was a enemy of former pool bar owner Monty RIP who was rumoured to have put the Gypsy curse on him.

There was a couple of guys that owned Krazy Dragon just after Peter died.
    They ran it for a few years in fact maybe 5 years ? Sammy ? Michael caine lookalike ?

Dragonmaster

DM only came along the last year or so to buy Krazy Dragon
    He was a stern figure retired Policeman from the USA with some 40 years service and later became a tourist police assistant whilst in pattaya, 12 months on he sold the ailing Go Go to the Russians
    Apparently gone back to the USA to volunteer to patrol the streets?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I find these cliques hard to keep up with - is this modern day Davy Crockett also the Right Worshipful Meatloaf Master?

One and the same.

Liked

What happened to Mark from Krazy Dragon? Don't tell me he's the one who died.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mickp View Post
    Krazy Dragon GO GO

Yes if i recall he was Belgium ? German ? Guy named Peter , RIP, used to see him screaming sround on his big mother motorbike around Sunee in its heyday complete with Dragon motif on his leather jacket

Had a heart attack at Sammys Bar in Sunee Plaza must of been around 2007ish , i believe he was around 48 yo

Was a enemy of former pool bar owner Monty RIP who was rumoured to have put the Gypsy curse on him.

Dragonmaster

There was a couple of guys that owned Krazy Dragon just after Peter died.
    They ran it for a few years in fact

Dragonmaster

DM only came along the last year or so to buy Krazy Dragon
    He was a retired Policeman from the USA abd becane a tourist police assustant whikst in Pattata, 12 months on he sold the ailing go go to the Russians
    Peter was German...he also had Marina Hotel and leased the pool to Monty....Monty ran it as only Monty could, it was a wonderful afternoon sleeze pit....Peter was not happy reported Monty for working without a work permit.

Liked

Right I think I've almost nailed this now, thanks for patience:

Raccoon Man/Davy Crockett is the Commander in Chief of the Barmy Army, the Right Worshipful Meatloaf Master and the Sunee Plaza go-go bar 20B suckee-suckee man?

He's a busy guy!

Liked

And... the ping ping thrower who gets a free drink !

Liked

Jamie?

Use to be a short youngish American guy who was a frequent customer over the years in Sunee, i recall use to ride motorbikes, maybe he too has fled to Cambodia?
    I often wondered how he got the income to live there.

Duc's

Most farangs over the years went to Duc 's or Dukes depending on how you prounounced it
    Duke died in July 2015

He had been a Sunee owner of his cafe for some 15 years originally coming from his Banking job in Australia