Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: 'Wee' Pattaya update- police/morlam/mask/bars

Liked

'Wee' Pattaya update- police/morlam/mask/bars

Don't normally have time/inclination to post much during a trip but organising a few things for a visit to Phuket tomorrow, so on the go early (for me)with a bit of time.

If business wasn't bad enough at times for Sunee just to make life a little more challenging the Bangkok Police have a 'big boss' who has decided to pay Pattaya a visit. So just a heads up for anyone visiting or heading to sunee next 2-3 days might notice it quieter than usual. The visit is not expected until 2nd of next month but 'the call' was made yesterday from Bkk for the bars to 'prepare' for it. Not so much a crackdown, more a tone down for 2-3 days. A recent previous trip (feb? june?) had a new 'big boss' crackdown but this is just a bit of tidying up and 'show' of respect for this one.

But the tidying up includes non-thai bar staff so last night all Cambod/Viet staff were absent, this coupled with the big Morlam concert had sunee deathly quiet, likes of Diamond Bar all the staff headed to Morlam so they just closed back of 11pm.

Tonight at Euro Boys Bar is usually The Friday Cabaret show, just a small show but it has been regular and very well attended, but tonight it's been cancelled as part of this tone-down which is a pity. Apparently no shows/big lights/loud music.

Wed night paid Winner Boys a visit and found it quite lively. Plenty of customers and a few new lads with some cuties amongst them. Farang customers were being generous with tips and drinks which the Winner pricing encourages. Nobody taking up the ping-pong ball buckets offer while I was there though. Euro Boys was very busy too with lots of new staff since I was there in june/july, all customer seats were taken the night I visited. Diamond had some customers but passed Ting Tong on way up and it was very quiet looking.

Last night only stopped at Euro Boys on way to Morlam to find the tone-down had already started. But Morlam was packed, Bt140 entrance beers Bt50 sml, Bt100 lge. Usually there is quite a wide range of folks there with many females and even some families, but last night it was gay lads as far as the eye could see, I've never seen such a large percentage of gay lads in the crowd. There were threats of rain and a few drops here and there but it didn't dampen any fun element. Simply walking from the entrance to the beer stall and deciding where to park myself I had numerous approaches. These were from boys I didn't know and had never seen before, it's amazing how many gay lads don't work the bars/scene. When I came across the sunee crowd maximum fun ensued. These lads love their time away from work and letting their hair down and it's difficult not to be laughing at the antics every minute.

Morlam finished slightly later than the usual 1am, at 1.30am. Since we were in the area I decided to check-out Mask, the new club Colmx heard about. Unfortunately we were too early and it was still empty awaiting it's first customers which would have been us if they had beer towers as we were sticking with beer only tonite. But it's not that easy to find first time, it's tucked away and none of the motocy taxi lads outside Morlam knew where it was. There is a hotel close by and apparently when you mention the name/nickname of this establishment Mask is right beside it. I'll find out that name and post it on the Mask thread.

So with no beer towers we decided to head to another place I had yet to visit called Khon La Fan. For those who like the old 'Campun' in Nth Pattaya soi 2, or any of the Tawang Deng style pubs then you would like this place. Mixed crowd with few obvious gay lads, but top quality band who were able to turn their hand to ANY requested song, which is exactly what I personally like about these style of places, the song styles change dramatically all the time, from Thai folk, rock, western, morlam a real eclectic mix. Good Thai food too, and great atmosphere. Excellent service from the staff. Beer Tower with food for under Bt1000, so not expensive for a different night out. It finished 3.30am, so we headed to Marine Disco (known locally as Ma-leeen) where we finished off the night with couple games of pool and another round of fun. Something to eat 6am then back to Jomtien.

Off to Phuket tomorrow very early so will try and post some updates later in trip.

2. 9 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 29th, 2017), Aux1010 (October 1st, 2017), christianpfc (September 30th, 2017), francois (September 29th, 2017), joe552 (September 29th, 2017), Moses (September 29th, 2017), Smiles (September 30th, 2017), splinter1949 (September 30th, 2017), Tintin (September 30th, 2017)

Liked

Re: 'Wee' Pattaya update- police/morlam/mask/bars

Brilliant post Newaallan2.

Liked

another place...called Khon La Fan.
    I think this is คนล่าฝัน in Thai and means "a person who chases/follows his dreams".

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Brilliant post Newaallan2.
    I agree. I didnt read it but took Arse's word, so it must be good

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    So with no beer towers we decided to head to another place I had yet to visit called Khon La Fan.
    Kon laa fan? Haha, cool name for a nightlife venue. It means dream chasers. They should open an after hours (or post coital) place nearby called fan raai (nightmare).

Liked

Now I call down 2 boys in Cupidol, give them 1 beer between them and shout Kon La Krung! (each one half)
    Mamassan M not happy.