Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Missing loved ones...

Liked

Re: Missing loved ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    What a bore this subject is,,,,sorry I even began reading it...come up with some good subjects people
    Your right Bluesky and for once i agree with you, its that Francois whose causing it

Liked

Bob wrote:

Perhaps you would care to contribute a short list of thread topics that you would find interesting?
    Or even better, start an interesting thread yourself.

Liked

We could start threads on how Australians dont have brains

Liked

I think we should start a thread as to whether or not Kermit the Frod ever actually fucked Miss Piggy.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

or why do the french keep surrendering??

Liked

French special forces are some of the best this world has to offer.

Liked

And since this thread has been totally derailed, let's keep going...

Why is it so horrendous, and such a crime to humanity to offer Thais money for helping you out? This has happened many times now, the latest being last night.

I wanted to cook some fish, but we didn't have any rice and Leo was sleeping, so fuck it, off to 7/11 I went by myself. Managed to get there, bought the rice, then sure enough got lost coming home. I tell you, getting lost when you're blind sucks, because there's absolutely fuck all you can do. You're just stuck wandering around like a total retard, until someone helps you.

I got close to my house though. Whoever helped me knows me enough to know I needed to go down the bike path. He got me there, and I was thrilled to know where I am again. Leo asked me this morning if I offered him money, and yes, I did offer him the 160 baht or so that was in my pocket. Sure enough, he was digusted by the offer, and Leo was also pissed off that I did offer.

I think Leo has told me 3 times now this morning already, "DO NOT OFFER MONEY IF PEOPLE HELP YOU!". Ok, got it.

Liked

An interesting story, Matt. Would taking one of your dogs to the local store help? Or do they have a guide dog programme in Thailand? From the little I know, they can greatly increase your sense of independence.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Thought about it lots, of course. My dogs would be useless as seeing eye dogs. Who the fuck knows where they woudld take me, and I'd probably end up 3km away.

Researched it though, and a seeing eye dog isn't as great as it sounds. It could help me with small obstacles, like when to cross the street, but wouldn't really be able to help me navigate the city. On top of that, there's just too many street dogs in Thailand. Trying to take a healthy black lab around for example would just be a total pain in the ass, because every 20m I'd have to put up with a dog fight.

Liked

What I really need is an AI robot with GPS and internet. A year or two away, but very close! It's coming.

Then nerve regeneration technology is coming as well, but still quite a ways off. I'm stimating about 15 years from what I've read. Right now, doctors still don't even know why nerves don't regenerate same as other cells, but they are working on it via nanotechnology. They seem to be focused on spinal cord injuries, but if they can figure out how to fix a spinal cord, then they can also fix my optic nerve.