Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prague - End of an Era

Liked

Prague - End of an Era

Any members who in the past enjoyed the rather scandalous Pinnochio club/bar (in the 90's I was so besotted with one boy (Jiri) that I actually took him home to Scotland with me!) - which later became Club Temple will be saddened to hear that both Club Temple and Little Temple cafe bar closes its doors for the final time this weekend.

Pin.jpg Pin2.jpg

According to Joe, a new bar (as yet un-named) is to open almost immediately at Konevova 82 which according to Google is about a 25 minute walk from the old premises. I may make a short trip in November just to check it out!!

new1.jpg new2.jpg

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

goji (September 23rd, 2017), Moses (September 23rd, 2017), phoenixabode (September 24th, 2017)

Liked

Re: Prague - End of an Era

I have to insist I am not the Joe referred to in this post (but what a cute guy!)
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

4. User who gave Like to post:

phoenixabode (September 24th, 2017)

Liked

Yeah but the boy is not Joe either

Joe is the American owner of Club Temple - friendly guy in his 50s

6. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

I didn't get there in the late 90s, but have made several visits to Pinnochio & later to the pointlessly refitted Club Temple.
    I once saw the same lad on 2 consecutive visits, a small twink type, with a really pleasant personality & a great outlook on life. He was also organized enough to keep a notebook, with notes on his clients.

In the good old days, the upstairs ticket area in the older part of the main station ticket hall was a good cruising spot.

I suppose the bar scene in Prague was inevitably going to decline, due to the usual effects of smartphone dating, but also the free movement of people in the EU allows people to rent their ass out wherever they can earn the most.

The new bar location seems to be more of a trek. Do you know if it will also be a rent boy bar ?

Liked

I don't know if it will be - but I'd be amazed if it wasn't! I think that's Joe's "thing"

Pinocchio also had an onsite hotel - the standard rooms were like prison cells (I assume used as short time rooms) but the two suites (which I stayed in) were well appointed and very handy to be staying on the premises given that the other gay accommodations (Villa David, Holger's, and Villa Mansland) were all located well out of the city centre. Not sure exactly when the accom closed down but certainly many years ago

9. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Good to hear. I'm serious. I lived in Prague a great deal of this year and the Tempel club especially was scandalous. All those great memories from the 90's. There were many other places but Pinocchio was one of a kind. I must say that this was before I ever seen a bar in Mexico and later Thailand. But the Temple Club was a ripoff when it came to prices of drinks. Then the boys, gypsies and junkies or a combination of the two. Nothing against gypsies in general but it seemed that only the bottom of the barrel was left. And why not, more money to be made in the countries more west.

Great news!

Does anyone have a copy of a gay listing from the 90s? I would be very interested in seeing one. I forgot the name and even the location of another place I frequented back then.

Liked

Can you share with us your definition of "rip-off" drinks prices as I never found Club Temple to be particularly expensive. Plus there is always a printed drinks menu on the bar plus one on every table, so I'm struggling to understand your complaint. Surely you knew the price of the drink you ordered?

Someone in another thread just mentioned that Prisma is charging the equivalent of almost 5GBP for a bottle of beer - what's your opinion on that?

Lastly, your assertion that Gypsies are "the bottom of the barrel" is grossly offensive. Less than a week ago I spent 6 hours visiting the remains of Sachsenhausen concentration camp and saw at first hand the product and results of that kind of thinking (which incidentally placed homosexuals at the same end of that barrel). I'm not easily shocked but it was harrowing to say the least - the "shooting pit", the gas chamber, the crematorium ovens (one of which was helpfully child sized), together with the mass graves/human ash pit are all still visible - and it wasn't even an extermination camp!

Suggest you withdraw those remarks immediately.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (September 24th, 2017), phoenixabode (September 24th, 2017)

Liked

Which remark would you like me to retract? You are clearly not wearing your glasses are have forgotten how to read properly.

Lol...comparing paying 200b for a drink in a place with cute boys in their undies and a place full of kaka.

I'm sure we are done talking.

14. User who gave Like to post:

marti (October 4th, 2017)

Liked

I indicated exactly which remark you should withdraw.

I had hoped that your racist language had been a "slip of the keyboard" but the fact you choose not to withdraw it and in fact further compound the offence by now referring to Gypsies as "shit" tells us all we need to know about your character.

No wonder you have 1 "like" from 400 posts - I doubt you'll get many more

16. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Then quote me...show me where i said what you think i said.

18. User who gave Like to post:

marti (October 4th, 2017)