Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your SE Asian guy

Liked

Re: Your SE Asian guy

A white pudding - meant to be kept under refrigeration - in a suitcase - on a 24hour door to door journey - via Dubai luggage transfer (in 40c heat) and 1.5 hours in an Airport-Pattaya taxi (in 38c heat)

What are you thinking of?

Bob would be safer eating Monty's chicken soup

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks for the offer, Joe. I am indeed talking about white pudding, but I've yet to try it, and since I wouldn't be coming to Thailand.....but again thanks.

Black pudding is definitely not on my bucket list. The white pudding is, along with farl, soda bread (which my Italian mother made quite well), and decent boxty (tried to make that but was not satisfied with my effort).

I am in denial about my age, health, prospects of next life activity. With plenty of time at my disposal, I rewrite the scenario of this life or create a fantasy version of a next life in which I would live in a small town on the West coast of Ireland. Maybe Co Clare since my father was told that's where his side of the family originated. I would want to live not too far from a good grocery, butcher and a TESCO/Aldi/Lidl/Supervalu. Yes, it's food I dream about, and luxuriating in front of an open fire while that cold rain pelts against the windows. And no need for air-conditioning.

3. User who gave Like to post:

francois (September 28th, 2017)

Liked

SG, you're probably right. I'm actually flying with Turkish Airlines for the first time via Istanbul. I was just trying to curry favour with Bob (curry favour is a recipe my grandfather brought back after his service in the British Army in India around 1904).

Bob, as I've mentioned elsewhere, I have an interest (and a wee bit of experience) in family trees. If you'd like me to do a little research for you, I'd be more than happy to. Just send any ideas (like names, places, when the family might have gone to the States) by PM, and I'll see what I can find. Only if you're interested, of course. I'm afraid I'm a city boy. Lived 8 miles outside Kilkenny city for a year in an old castle. Lovely place, but an hour's walk to the pub? And probably 2 hours home. Never again!
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

As a side note, my grandfather (my mother's father) actually served in the Boer War of the late 1890s, was in India for 2 years, and was injured in a gas attack in France in 1916. Well, sorry, I think it's interesting!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Joe, I wish I could provide some details in response to your very helpful offer, but my father never had much to say about his ancestry. I think he enjoyed the idea of being Irish-American but that never went much further than appreciating corned beef and cabbage, which I understand is rarely served in Ireland. When my parents visited Dublin, a genealogist seemed to confirm that the family might have roots in Co Clare. Attempting to build a family tree out of that was hopeless. Still, I enjoy memories of my school days, memories rekindled by the family names I see on the Irish websites. Seems like half of my schoolmates were of Irish descent.

Liked

Well Bob, I have to say Saigon is not a very common Irish name, so I thought it would be fairly easy?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Good one, Joe.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    I would live in a small town on the West coast of Ireland. Maybe Co Clare since my father was told that's where his side of the family originated.
    My Father too... Perhaps we are related!
    Have you ever been to Clare? Its pretty desolate in the winter... Suggest you move your fantasy to the south east (Wexford Waterford) where they get mild winters and you can grow strawberries in the summer!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Just being curious. Would those of you with a BF in Thailand, Vietnam or wherever, bring them to your home country if you could?
    He's been here around 6-7 times... Doesn't like nor dislike Ireland... but hates the visa application process... the long queues in Supermarkets, the infrequent/unreliable public transport and the (sometimes)ignorant shopkeepers from South Asia
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    My Father too... Perhaps we are related!
    Have you ever been to Clare? Its pretty desolate in the winter... Suggest you move your fantasy to the south east (Wexford Waterford) where they get mild winters and you can grow strawberries in the summer!
    I was in Clare only in summer. In my fantasy searches, West Ireland is more attractive because it is less crowded and real estate prices are somewhat lower than elsewhere. I'll have another look at the Waterford housing market. Convenient location for purchase of fine crystal ware.