Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Berlin September 2017

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Berlin September 2017

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    The Airbnb that I had reserved just cancelled a few days back and I had to find new accommodation, last minute. .
    Just for your / anyone else info are you aware of the gay version of airbnb - always worth a look too when travelling as you could find an interesting host with lots of local knowledge ( and who knows what else ?! )

Their site if you want to check it out is https://www.misterbandb.com

2. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (November 24th, 2017)

Liked

please report back

4. User who gave Like to post:

FarangRuMak (November 25th, 2017)

Liked

Do please.

Liked

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in feedback.

I arrived In Berlin on a Friday and was busy till Sunday. Which means I didn't go out before that day.

The weather was a real problem. It rained all weekend. This prevented me from making a few quick park visits. I did drive around BHF Zoo a few times. I remember it from the movie Kinder Von Bahnhof Zoo, and it was more a tourist attraction for me.

But of course, you are interested in the boys. I have only been to two bars and met some guys outside. It was early Sunday evening when I got in the Blue boy bar. It was not full, but most seats were taken. Easy because it's a small place. On the right of the entrance, there was a large group of middle-aged men and one younger (21 - 25) middle-eastern looking boy. At the left side of the bar was another older guy talking to a younger guy. Also middle eastern and I guess around 20. He tried to get my attention, but I was not interested. Some older guys kept entering the place but no younger guys while I was there.

Next, I went to Toyboy. That was surely different. Only younger guys, but not my type. The seemed scruffy to me. I think they were mostly eastern European. If you are into that sort, it is undoubtedly the place to go. I must say the people were amicable. I think that was a very pleasant surprise. Not that macho behavior you get when guys try to prove to others that they are mainly men, regardless of their profession.

When you walk outside of Toyboys to the right, you will see a little park/playground...not sure how to call it. It was still raining but not hard, and there were a few boys. I went over, and one of the boys started talking to me. His first question was if I was passive LOL. He spoke pretty good german. I didn't check if he could speak English. But he was maybe 18 years old and pretty cute. His friends were cute too. But all of them had a short beard. Argghhhh, not my taste. But this guy was nice to talk too. He did ask me for 1 Euro :-)

And that was it. Didn't feel the need to bring anyone home and too tired to stay out longer. There are many other bars around, but I honestly think that I've seen the average guy that is to be had in that area. Not for me. But if you are into Middle eastern looking and most with a beard (read: unshaven) or eastern European scruffy looking, then that is undoubtedly the place for you. I guess that the youngest was 18 and the oldest could have been 28 or so.

I wish I had something more to report. Circumstances prevented me from having a good Saturday night out.

I did go out last weekend in Bremen. A place called Gleis 9. It seemed that there was a party in Hanover that same night, so it was not too busy. But the place was still packed with a lot of cute guys. A few from Africa, some eastern Europeans, and the rest German I guess.

Around 6 am I went home with a Russian boy. Spoke perfect German. I gave him 50 Euros when he left the next day, and that was well worth it.

If what he told me is correct, this place should normally be packed. However, I couldn't shake the feeling that I didn't belong there.

I'll be back in Thailand this weekend. Mid-forty, I'm tired of being the oldest guy in the place every night :-)

7. 7 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 8th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (December 8th, 2017), christianpfc (December 14th, 2017), FarangRuMak (December 9th, 2017), joe552 (December 8th, 2017), llz (December 10th, 2017), scottish-guy (December 8th, 2017)

Liked

Thanks for the update.
    Someone's personal experience is great.
    I think I will make a trip after Christmas.
    I speak 0 German though, so that mght be a problem.
    I would like to stay in a convenient hotel where bringing back someone openly is ok with staff.
    Any suggestions anyone?

Liked

I think you'll find that Germans speak better English than most of us!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    Thanks for the update.
    Someone's personal experience is great.
    I think I will make a trip after Christmas.
    I speak 0 German though, so that mght be a problem.
    I would like to stay in a convenient hotel where bringing back someone openly is ok with staff.
    Any suggestions anyone?

Personally, I didn't meet any Germans. I'm guessing that the foreign boys pretty much will be able to speak English. But I didn't test it.

Didn't Scottish have a tip for a concentional hotel in the area? There are a few in the fuggerstrasse.

Liked

Ibis Kurfuerstendamm

Forum's veteran
    Liked

https://www.axelhotels.com/en/axel-h...lin/hotel.html

Thats the hotel's direct website where sometimes you get a 15% discount, but rooms also available on many booking sites such as booking. com etc and usually a little cheaper I find. But nice "straight friendly" i.e gay hotel in the centre of things and no problem with joiners ( I'm guessing from the clientele I watched coming and going)

Liked

The Axel is very good but will be pricier than the Ibis (as expected) - but I noticed the Axel's bar is now closed until evening. Used to enjoy an afternoon drink in it, and in fact we went there specifically for that reason on my last trip.

No biggie - there's a gay bar just round the corner where you can sit outside and they do table service