Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Berlin September 2017

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Berlin September 2017

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    That's where I first ran into the Fat Cunt who would later become the owner of this forum. After two or three years the shit well and truly hit the fan in Prague, almost covering him, and he did a runner like the yellow bellied snake that he was.
    But surely he told you that that was ALL just a case of mistaken identity and the incident was all just to do with someone who just happened the share a very similar name to him and who also just happened to be there at exactly the same time as him too. Damned unlucky for him that was but I guess also equally lucky that he was able to go ahead and leave the Country before anything ever more came of all that I guess, Lucky LUCKY for sure that man was!

Liked

Yes that's exactly what he told me - identical name (apart from spelling), identical description, and there at an identical time.

All highly plausible of course.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes that's exactly what he told me - identical name (apart from spelling), identical description, and there at an identical time. All highly plausible of course.
    Yes I'm SURE if was as that of course was EXACTLY what he told ME too !

Liked

scottish-guy, I enjoyed reading this and your thread about Prague. I've only been there twice, both with a straight friend from college, but didn't visit any gay bars. Thanks for posting. I'm referring to Prague - never been to Berlin.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

You should visit Berlin sometime - it can't be much more than 90mins flight from Dublin and 100 Euro return fare, with good standard hotels at 50/60 Euro a night

It's simply the largest and most diverse gay scene in Europe - all packed into less than a square mile around the Nollendorf area. You can even pass by Christopher Isherwood's lodgings and other historical goodies like that.

The rent scene is infinitely more edgy than Thailand and there's certainly a frisson of danger - but you're not forced to participate of course

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (September 25th, 2017), phoenixabode (September 24th, 2017)

Liked

Yes that's exactly what he told me - identical name (apart from spelling), identical description, and there at an identical time.

All highly plausible of course.

I don't follow this.
    Who are you talking about?
    Or is that too obtuse a question?

Liked

Great thread because I'm in Berlin in 6 weeks. So thanks for this information.

A very pleasant bonus is to see who the real racist is here. Even though Muslims are not a race... Judging people because of the way they look is certainly considered racist.

Most boys from Serbia, Croatia etc - many of whom looked Moslem with beards etc.
    But I'm sure you will retract that statement since you are such a moralist.

Now I'm done with you too, bye.

Liked

I'm not judging anybody "by the way they look" - I actually spoke to them.

10. User who gave Like to post:

phoenixabode (September 24th, 2017)

Liked

Just back from a 3 day short trip to Berlin,

...up to late 20's/mid 30's. Lots of macsuline looking boys if you like that. Going rate about 50-80 Euro.

All bars are smoking bars - some very heavily so. One guy next to me in new Blue Boy lit up 10 fags in 45 mins - then his companion joined in!!
    That shows once again that Soi Twilight is overpriced.

Smoking in the bars in Berlin comes as a surprise. But checking on the internet, there are exceptions to the smoking ban in Germany:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_in_Germany
    Exceptions and notes for Berlin
    Exceptions apply to: Bars and pubs: which are smaller than 75 square meters, the relevant premises only has one room which is used to serve the customers (Einraumgastst - my post was cut off here after umlaut - tten), and no food or just "cold" prepared food is sold for consumption on premises, and minors under the age of 18 are not permitted to enter and if the premises is clearly recognisable as a smokers pub

Liked

Well I didn't actually get my tape measure out (to measure the bars, not the boys ) but all of them fulfilled all of the other criteria - so I guess that explains it.