Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Berlin September 2017

Liked

Re: Berlin September 2017

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Can't understand that - the three nights I visited Fri/Sat//Sun the NEW Blue Boy was very busy with renters - I'd estimate around 10-12 boys of which I found 2-3 attractive. Guess you've just been unlucky

I've never had a problem with Berlin boys I've taken back - but I fully realise that in this game you're always one boy away from confrontation - especially with desperate lads from E Europe
    Jesus. Your mere mention of desperate lads from Europe has me all in lather of sweat.
    Stop saying things like that. Pleaseeee.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (September 21st, 2017), whitemouse (September 25th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The only bar directly OPPOSITE the Axel (i.e. across the main road) is the OLDTIMER Bar,
    Ah yes, I just google street viewed it, that's the one I was thinking of / in and yes your description fits it perfectly - and the smoke would have put you out too now that I remember so it was a case of one drink and move on I seem to recall whilst thinking "oh fuck, is this IT" for Berlin ! ( I know it's not)

Liked

It's a strange bar altogether in that the bartender on my previous trip was a 70+ transvestite with really hairy arms, called Connie!

The elderly punters however were very friendly and because of that I attempted to go back twice on this trip, but on both attempts the place was so crowded out with no available seats I couldn't even *see* the bar far less get a drink, so I abandoned my attempts.

Just a word on The Axel Hotel - it's biggest gay hotel I've ever seen. Normally "gay hotels" are small poky affairs but the Axel is the same size as a regular chain hotel and has a really large frontage over 2 sides.

I'm also aware they have a couple of others in their property portfolio but I haven't stayed in them.

I have stayed in the Berlin one in the past and it was really good - there's even a sauna and "relax" area either on the roof or on one of the higher floors - but I'd managed to get a deal at that time and normally their prices are over what I'm willing to pay.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I've stayed in the Axel Berlin hotel and also one of their TWO gay hotels in the Barcelona gay quarter, they also just opened a new hotel in Ibiza too.

As you mentioned they are a top end 100% gay owned / gay full service hotel ( in every sense of the word guest at least wise thanks to a hot Korean I met in their Barcelona hotel:-) and in fact they actually describe and advertise themselves "shamelessly" in all their advertising even in straight mags etc as "hetro friendly".

Then can certainly tend to be a little more (a lot) more expensive than your local Ibis styles etc BUT they are usually 4 star and up and DO offer a high quality of room and stay, along with 100% gay aimed info and staff at their reception and in their bars and health and steam rooms etc ( but not in a seedy way.

You can find deals on their prices quite regularly and certainly at lower times of the year ( Berlin for example only cost me

Liked

The dreaded pound sign strikes again!

Arghhhhhh

Forum's veteran
    Liked

desperate east euro MB are nothing new...maybe they r becoming slightly more desperate as with the huge i nflux of economic migrants..mostly young men..the competition has most definitely heated up...my Dutch contacts tell me that prices have actually fallen..that is without any prompting.

Liked

Dutch contacts?

Amsterdam died as a (male) commercial sex hotspot in the late 1990's when the Festival, Music Box, and Cupido bars in the Pardenstraat closed their doors! This followed the North African (and small number of Dutch boys) making way for the Eastern Europeans.

I think the Boys "Clubs" may have lasted longer e.g the Why Not, (and another which I can't recall the name of) - but I never really frequented them.

As far as I'm aware there are no commercial sex bars left in Amsterdam - so if your "Dutch contacts" can tell us any different I'm sure many of us would be very interested to hear it.

9. User who gave Like to post:

phoenixabode (September 24th, 2017)

Liked

Dutch contacts?

Amsterdam died as a (male) commercial sex hotspot in the late 1990's when the Festival, Music Box, and Cupido bars in the Pardenstraat closed their doors! This followed the North African (and small number of Dutch boys) making way for the Eastern Europeans.

I think the Boys "Clubs" may have lasted longer e.g the Why Not, (and another which I can't recall the name of) - but I never really frequented them.

As far as I'm aware there are no commercial sex bars left in Amsterdam - so if your "Dutch contacts" can tell us any different I'm sure many of us would be very interested to hear it.
    I think the other bar was Blue Boy.
    The closure had to do with illegal workers from Brazil or something like that.
    I miss that scene a lot but then I discovered Thailand instead and u can't beat Thailand.
    I would still go to Amsterdam if there are any new bars there.
    I'm waiting for the reply with Rising anticipation.
    The music box was a very dangerous place though. Spiking of drinks and robbery of customers was common I've heard.

Liked

You're right it was Blue Boy.

Loved the old tranny queen behind the bar in Festival - she ruled those boys with a rod of iron!

When Amsterdam died I moved my attentions to Prague. That's where I first ran into the Fat Cunt who would later become the owner of this forum.

After two or three years the shit well and truly hit the fan in Prague, almost covering him, and he did a runner like the yellow bellied snake that he was.

I then turned my eyes to Hamburg where there was a rather famous boy-brothel. Guess who I met there? Yes, the Fat Cunt.

Then I was talked into visiting Thailand which I did continuously for over 10 years in a row - where who should I meet but the Fat Cunt - but more recently I have cut back in favour of Germany (specifically Berlin and D usseldorf) and (again) Prague. These places afford me the option of a long weekend trip which is clearly not possible with Thailand

12. User who gave Like to post:

phoenixabode (September 24th, 2017)

Liked

I remember an upstairs bar off Spruistrat opposite an old church where you pressed a bell and the first boy to run down to let you in ...well you were more or less stuck with.
    It was called something like 22 Club.
    Do you remember this bar. Is it still there?