Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Berlin September 2017

Liked

Berlin September 2017

Just back from a 3 day short trip to Berlin, my last visit having been maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

As usual Berlin offered possibly the biggest and most diverse gay scene in Europe with something to offer to all but the most extreme fetishists (and probably those too if you looked hard enough!)

Some constants plus some changes in the commercial gay scene, which is all centred around Fuggerstrasse:

Eldorado Bar : Closed permanently and now transformed in to a Gay cafe called Romeo & Romeo which is good for breakfasts (continental of course, light lunches and snacks. Seems to close in the early-mid evening though. No boys.

Tabasco Bar: No change here - Friendly well-run bar with attentive staff. Available boys wander in and out or play pool. No hassle from them if you're not interested. Later in the evenings a second service counter opens up at the rear of the bar and offers filled baguettes and other snacks which is a welcome difference from the other bars.

Pinocchio Bar
    : Same as before - dark bar with sitting (sofas) area towards the back. Elderly owners but very friendly. Seems to be a bar for regulars as they all know each other and the owners inexplicably appear with meals for them on what seems to be an ad hoc basis (i.e. theres no menu!) Boys available at all times but small selection and tend to be at the quirkier end of the scale.

Blond Bar: Modern bar but no boys visible these days. Mainly younger straight couples. Pass.

Blue Boy Bar (Old): The former busiest and most famous rent bar (and favourite Berlin haunt of the Pet Shop Boys) has relocated (see below). The old premises are still open and completely unchanged - but now called TOY BOY BAR. Many boys in attendance, especially later at night (after 9pm)

Blue Boy Bar (new): Relocated across the main road at the end of Fuggerstrasse. Bright new decor, lots of mirror which exaggerates the size of this bar. Easily the best decorated and most modern bar. Lots of boys throughout the night, non-pushy atmosphere. Easy to run up a bill in here though with beers at around 5 Euro and a Jack & Coke around 7 Euro

General:

It's 99% the same bunch of boys in all bars - they wander from bar to bar but whereas most will turn up eventually in Blue Boy or Toy Boy, fewer go in Tabasco and even fewer in Pinnochio bar.

Noticed a lot of street trade at the playpark outside Tabasco - some of which I did not see in any of the bars, some looked younger than I saw inside the bars (maybe not allowed in) and others I recognised from bars.

Most boys from Serbia, Croatia etc - many of whom looked Moslem with beards etc. A few were very short, smooth, and looked younger but were legal. Ages mainly from 17 up to late 20's/mid 30's. Lots of macsuline looking boys if you like that. Going rate about 50-80 Euro.

All bars are smoking bars - some very heavily so. One guy next to me in new Blue Boy lit up 10 fags in 45 mins - then his companion joined in!!

Stayed at the Mercure Zentrum (Fuggerstrasse, so right in the heart of the action) 100 Euro a night for double room. Good standard. Reception desk right at the door but there are ways round everything

Recommended destination as always - but not if you can't thole cigarette smoke.

Last edited by scottish-guy; September 20th, 2017 at 18:10.

2. 7 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (September 20th, 2017), christianpfc (September 24th, 2017), GWMinUS (September 13th, 2021), llz (September 21st, 2017), phoenixabode (September 24th, 2017), siscu58 (September 14th, 2021), whitemouse (September 25th, 2017)

Liked

Re: Berlin September 2017

Thanks for the report.
    Very much to the point.
    I'm going soon.
    Is it an issue bringing back joiners to the hotel mentioned?
    You wrote that the reception is near the entrance.
    Just wondering.

Liked

The hotel reception is right next to the entrance and the policy is that you leave your key with reception when you leave.

Therefore when you bring someone back they would be noticed when you ask for your key.

There are very few places in the world where a middle aged guy bringing back (perhaps) a late teen/early 20s boy who was clearly of a different nationality would not raise eyebrows! Thailand being one of course.

Fortunately the solution in this case is simple - don't leave your key in the first place!

Just stride out when you leave and you're not challenged.

When you arrive back, stride confidently back in (with companion) and again there's no challenge

(Potential) problem solved. Having said that, it made me nervous enough to probably use the Novum Aldea next time - where I suspect you could take a goat to your room and nobody would question you.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 24th, 2017), phoenixabode (September 24th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...a goat?? did u say goat?

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 24th, 2017), whitemouse (September 25th, 2017)

Liked

Yes, did you get a twitch in your pants when I said it?

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 24th, 2017), whitemouse (September 25th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...a goat?? did u say goat?
    Don't worry - he was only KIDDING ! ( ya see what I did there )

Forum's veteran
    Liked

SG - if that Blue boy bar opposite the Axel Hotel ? I'm asking as I went into a small sgay bat there ( name escapes me) but I think it was something like that and am amazed to here there was ANY action going on at ALL in it as it looks like a load of old guy regulars sitting smoking and drinking just with nothing remotely hooky uppy about the place - or maybe thailand has spoilt me and i just don't know what to look for in Europe any longer ( but I'm fairly sure I still do

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    SG - if that Blue boy bar opposite the Axel Hotel ?
    Google maps shows the correct location of the NEW Blue Boy Bar.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/....3497084?dcr=0

On my sole visit to the NEW location, I don't remember seeing any eligible trade. So less successful than several visits to the old location.

My one experiment with the street trade outside was not a great success & involved having to resort to force to remove the guy from my room. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the street trade has been banned from setting foot inside the bars on account of bad behaviour.

Did you find the boys reliable, Scottish Guy ?

As for the hotels, options which have worked for me include private apartments via EBAB & the Ibis Budget hotel by Wittenburgplatz. In the Ibis, it's straight on for the lifts & you have to detour left for reception.

The biggest loss was when Club Sauna Brasil kicked out all the rent boys & rebranded as Apollo Splash Club.
    The old sauna was always a safe bet for some nice boys.
    Having just checked the net, they rebranded again, to Steam Works, then let in all the rent boys again . Unfortunately they then had 3 fatalities in a fire earlier this year, so are now closed.

I must venture back to Berlin in 2018.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    SG - if that Blue boy bar opposite the Axel Hotel ?...
    No, it's about 1/4 of a mile away from the Axel Hotel. The only bar directly OPPOSITE the Axel (i.e. across the main road) is the OLDTIMER Bar, which is gay but no action. Adjacent to the Alex is DREISSLER Bar (unsure of spelling) which is also a small gay bar with a couple of tables outside but no action.

14. User who gave Like to post:

phoenixabode (September 24th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    ...the NEW Blue Boy Bar...On my sole visit to the NEW location, I don't remember seeing any eligible trade. So less successful than several visits to the old location...
    Can't understand that - the three nights I visited Fri/Sat//Sun the NEW Blue Boy was very busy with renters - I'd estimate around 10-12 boys of which I found 2-3 attractive. Guess you've just been unlucky

I've never had a problem with Berlin boys I've taken back - but I fully realise that in this game you're always one boy away from confrontation - especially with desperate lads from E Europe

16. 3 Users gave Like to post:

goji (June 10th, 2018), paborn (June 14th, 2018), phoenixabode (September 24th, 2017)