Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Berlin September 2017

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Berlin September 2017

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    The Axel is very good but will be pricier than the Ibis (as expected)
    Actually SG I just checked there out of interest and for a random weekend night in Feb (17th) both hotels on Booking. com etc were almost to the pound EXACTLY the same price.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    Around 6 am I went home with a Russian boy. Spoke perfect German. I gave him 50 Euros when he left the next day, and that was well worth it.
    50 Euro, about 2000 THB, for long time? That's less than in Soi Twilight!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    50 Euro, about 2000 THB, for long time? That's less than in Soi Twilight!
    I've tipped exactly the same (50 euro) in Spain before in the past so it's not that uncommon and as you say Christian that IS cheaper than Bangkok, which is why a lot of people seem to be changing holiday plans as I know I certainly got sick of the wham bam thank you mam conveyor belt attitude in Thailand, with the Thai guys just waiting for the next sucker to come along ( no pun intended).

Or as SG has already mentioned the "vodka" and coke type drinks with the vodka maybe being rubbed around the rim of the (tiniest possible ) glass, all oaded with ice and next to damn all vodka etc in it anyway or so little it made no difference to the taste etc and all for the "special" (high) prices they charge.

Actually my mate has just arrived in Bangkok just today from the UK and both he and another friend of his who travelled seperately on two different airlines reported one plane was no more than half full and the other only one quarter full ! SO if that's anything like the norm this week as to the number of people travelling to Thailand in general it'll be interesting to see how the "high" season pans out this year ?

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 16th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Actually SG I just checked there out of interest and for a random weekend night in Feb (17th) both hotels on Booking. com etc were almost to the pound EXACTLY the same price.
    Well in that case the choice is obvious

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Ibis Kurfuerstendamm
    On recent trips, I've stayed there, or at the Ibis budget next door (the latter when having c*cked up trip arrangements to coincide with the German cup final, including all the BVB supporters).
    Both hace a nice layout, with the lifts directly ahead of the entrance door & reception offset to one side, so one doesn't have to walk past them with the latest trade.

Anyhow, I'm plotting my next visit to Berlin and the Scandik K'damm is coming in cheaper than the Ibis, whilst looking like a better hotel.
    Now what's the risk of difficulties bringing guests past reception here ?

Berlin is (currently) one of the most liberal cities on the planet, so I suppose it will be OK, but if they did object, that's one way to really bugger up a holiday.

Liked

Hi All

With travel around Europe beginning to resume again, I wanted to revive this thread on Berlin to ask if anyone has had any recent outings to the bars in Fuggerstrasse, and if there is any action still happening here? I'm aware that Blue Boy Bar is permanenty gone, but I believe a couple of the other bars are still there. I like those Romanian/eastern european/ middle eastern guys who hung out there. Are they there? Or has COVID sent them all home?

Thanks

Liked

I like the open city of Berlin and my last visit was also before the covid-period.
    I would love to go back and visit the lab-oratory but I think this hot place filled with naked hot guys is still closed.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...thought u were gonna say "open city before WWI"