Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The story of Brad The Impala

Liked

The story of Brad The Impala

Our long time member, Brad The Impala has left us:

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    On reflection, this place isn’t fun anymore. I’ve been posting on the Gay Thailand message boards since they started, is that more than 30 years? I’ve been offended by a few people and I expect that I’ve offended a few too in that time. I’ve called it as I’ve seen it, and undoubtedly I’ve sometimes been wrong, sometimes gone over the top, apologies to the recipients. But by and large it’s been amusing, entertaining and often informative.

As someone who has visited and worked in Thailand for over forty years, I took pleasure in advising new members and reading about their experiences.

However visiting and writing on this forum is no longer fun. Currently it seems like there is a barrack room lawyer waiting round every corner with a subpoena to demand that posters explain why an opinion once expressed in a post years ago has been contradicted in a recent post. Or think that they are being clever to expose some minor factual inaccuracy in somebody’s story telling.

Posters are required to validate themselves on some altar of credibilty as if they were appearing in court instead of writing anonymous posts in an internet forum, while trying to make the posts entertaining for the benefit of others.

Individuals fashion themselves as latter day witchfinder generals in search of trolls, without caring how many innocents are burned or discouraged in the process. This seems to give them validation, but there have been, and always will be, composite and fictitious character constructions in the forums, some more credible than others.

From Rick with his flashlight to Hedda with the canary they have formed part of the tapestry of the forums and have often been informative and entertaining posters. When the time comes that the forums are more about interrogating these people, and creating an environment that discourages new posters from contributing and sharing their experiences, then it’s time to stop visiting.

I’m not moving somewhere else, I’ve been loyal to this forum, and it’s predecessor, liked their free wheeling style, and always shared what information and opinions I had here.

Time to take a break from people who are taking too seriously what should be entertainment, with a bit of information thrown in.
    Brad The Impala has had enough! He says it's all so unfair!

Liked

Re: The story of Brad The Impala

And Whitemouse, a known asshole, simply HAD to ruin Brad The Impala's graceful exit:

Bradley, you created several fictional characters, you are cdnmatt, you are Surfcrest, you used to be Beachlover. These are your leading roles, no doubt you have many more, lesser characters.

Now that your bullshit stories caught up with you, it's no longer fun, it's understandable.

But I think the real reason is that you are bored with these characters, and it shows. You put almost no effort in developing your characters, no longer do you create long story arcs, fairly well written episodes in lives of your creations. You are getting old, and it's no fun for you, not as much as it used to be.

So instead of long, elaborate, very believable tales that you came up with from 2009 to 2012 or so, you go for the shock value. You 'went blind' (a term a blind person would never use btw, they'd phrase it as losing sight), then exposing yourself as overstayer without even as much as passport.
    You know, of course, how ludicrous these latest tales are, but you are tired of your roles, so you put almost no effort in them.

And when you became a laughing stock you walk away.

But stop and think for a moment the damage you have caused to your own board! Non of us here have any credibility left, after you have poisoned the well so throughly!

I hope Sawadtee will attract new, real people, and become something more than your demented, sick playground.

So good bye, Bradley!

Liked

Fortunately Brad The Impala was rescued by white knight Moses, details here:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...-for-now/page7

Liked

Oh, for fuck sakes....

Mouse guy, can you please put the drugs down? Look at what you did to the forum during your latest binge. At least when I'm on a drinking binge I stay half normal.

Just... stop. You're just pissed that I didn't meet you when you asked me out of the blue one time years ago. Of course I didn't, just look at how you act. You're a crazy person.
    Go play the guitar, or something. I recently stole Leo's, and it's awesome. Perfect for a blind person.
    Last edited by cdnmatt; September 19th, 2017 at 09:01.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The Bitch Board is back..

6. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (September 19th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    ..Go play the guitar...I recently stole Leo's, and it's awesome. Perfect for a blind person.
    Pity Leo doesn't have a piano - you could become SGT's answer to Stevie Wonder.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 19th, 2017), dinagam (September 21st, 2017), joe552 (September 19th, 2017)

Liked

So it's now Commander Dude Matt, two dogs, a Bitcoin bulging computer, Leo from Laos AND his awesome blind person friendly (?) guitar looking to get night time passage across the Crocodile infested waters of the Mekong River. I suggest you get Leo from Laos to learn how to play The Skye Boat Song to ensure the correct ambience on the voyage.

10. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (September 19th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat View Post
    The Bitch Board is back..

I didn't realize it was gone.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

I know hyperbole, embellishment and outright invention is almost compulsory within the homosexual lifestyle - but comparing this forum to the BitchBoard is taking things to a whole new level

13. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (September 19th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    You're just pissed that I didn't meet you when you asked me out of the blue one time years ago.
    It was the other way round: you made a broad invitation for everyone who happens to pass through Khon Kaen to stop by to see you.