Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Good news

Liked

Re: Good news

Ok, so finally the flight is booked (remember when that was the subject of this thread). Sorry latintop, but I am actually travelling! I went with Turkish Airlines which were a lot cheaper for my dates than the mid-East carriers (sorry SG, the lounge at Dubai will have to wait till I start collecting my small private pension in 3 years) I paid less than €600 which I think is the cheapest I've ever paid. The online reviews I've read are fairly positive, though they do mention problems at Istanbul airport. But we'll see. So I'll arrive in Pattaya mid afternoon of my birthday. So happy right now.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (September 19th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (September 19th, 2017), colmx (September 20th, 2017), Nirish guy (September 20th, 2017), scottish-guy (September 19th, 2017), Tintin (September 20th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

mfas & farunmak...i really dont care if u dont value my posts ...and if u r offended by them then I suggest u take up reading childrens stories although I fear u may find some of them...like the 3 little pigs... a bit challenging ...after all the wolf is trying to eat them.
    joe552...I've never come across someone as indecisive as u portray yourself in your posts...and if u have been unemployed since 2008 then u simply havent been trying hard enough to get a job...I suspect the unemployment benefit was pretty comfortable.
    However am glad u finally made a decision...Turkish airlines is a pretty good one and the instambul airport is great..easy to navigate and as safe as u can get as due to their political issues their is heightened security...bonus is all those lovely armed guards patrolling.
    If I've come across a bit harsh its because I cant stand people who play the helpless card expecting the rest of the working tax paying village to drop everything and come to their aid.

Liked

latintop, as I've mentioned before, I took care of my mother for 7 years before she went into a nursing home. I wasn't "unemployed", The allowance I got from the government included an annual Respite Care Grant - which paid for my holidays to Thailand. I presume you have parents? I hope you're never in the position of having to care for them - it ain't no fun/ Now that I don't get that Care grant anymore, I have to borrow money for my holiday. Surely I'm not alone in that?

Anyway, why does my holiday exercise you so much?

Liked

Latin is incoherent eschewing as he does the use of capitals, grammar, syntax and punctuation. I think the point he's making is that as it's over two years ago that your mother went into a care home why haven't you got yourself a job. The agencies I posted had loads and loads of jobs, more jobs than people to fill them. Of course this is a personal question and I wouldn't normally ask. However you decided to bare your soul here so my questions are within keeping.

Liked

Joe, you could always follow Latin's example and take a short course in fiction writing. That could lead to a well-paid job.

Despite possessing a vivid imagination - an obvious prerequisite - Latin hasn't found employment because he has yet to master English spelling and grammar, as arsenal has just pointed out.

Liked

Ok, I'll take the bait. I'll be 62 in January - the day I arrive in Thailand. Not many employers are willing to employ someone of that age, let alone someone who hasn't worked for 9 years.I started to suffer from depression when my mother went into the nursing home, which became worse when she died in January this year. I finally plucked up the courage to talk to my doctor about it, and I'm taking medication which seems to help. Do you think that because I'm unemployed, I shouldn't have a holiday? It's all borrowed money, which will be paid back.

A tale of woe or just reality for many guys my age? Quite frankly, I shouldn't care what you guys think of me. But at least I've always been honest in my posts. If you're not interested, or find me a bit pathetic, just move on.

8. 9 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (September 21st, 2017), bobsaigon2 (September 20th, 2017), colmx (September 21st, 2017), Dax (September 20th, 2017), Khor tose (October 8th, 2017), scottish-guy (September 20th, 2017), Smiles (September 20th, 2017), Tintin (September 21st, 2017), Yraen (October 12th, 2017)

Liked

Thanks for sharing your situation, personal and financial. It's a welcome change from all these mid-twenties millionaires on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    It's all borrowed money, which will be paid back.
    How?

Liked

How, christian? With great difficulty! It will come out of my unemployment benefit of €193 a week. Less red wine, I fear.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

im speechless....

Liked

Thank fuck

13. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (September 21st, 2017), bobsaigon2 (September 20th, 2017), Nirish guy (September 20th, 2017), whitemouse (September 20th, 2017)